WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    I'm so sorry @jugar and team. We got back in town last Thursday and I totally got turned around on what day was what. I just realized I missed my Friday weigh-in. Please don't drop me from the group.

I know it's too late to submit a weight this week but I will be back on track next Friday.

Thank you
    You are always welcome, late or not! If you have a late weight to submit, go right ahead and I can still put it in. Otherwise, we'll just wait until next Friday. I'm always forgetting what day it is, so I can relate!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hey fam detoxing from carbs today. Went to the gym this morning. I got a jump rope/body weight legs exercise in, and did some kettlebell/burpees work. Only eating dinner today. Getting ready for my weigh in on Wednesday after a terrible weekend of eating 😩

@MaddawgMadsen Im gonna join you for the rest of sober October. My birthday is at the end of the month on the 31st. I am with you. Need an accountability partner

So glad you are getting after that terrible weekend of eating with some good changes - you've got this! @MaddawgMadsen and I will continue to not drink with you this month, too. Even if it isn't a perfect month, it is a good direction.

@micki48 I agree that the 7 minutes 7 days challenge will be a good one. I am travelling and being fed like royalty, so those 7 minutes are going to help. Good luck at the doctor tomorrow! Ask a million questions :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Well that was some Thanksgiving potluck! Luckily, I was able to eat all vegetarian - there were plenty of veggies and salad, so of course there was room for the pumpkin pudding and some fabulous spice-roasted pecans. I'm seriously stuffed. At least my steps were good!

@ashleycarole86 14,120 - lots of running around after horses :smiley:
    yesterday (Saturday) 11,683
    Not much other intentional exercise, but I'll get on the 7 minute plan tomorrow!

One more Sunday weigh-in due, and then we're on to Monday:
    @kerdil08
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells

Thanks!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Steps and Activity:
    Friday, October 6 - 6,007 steps - 1 hour CrossFit
    Saturday, October 7 - 6,108 steps - 1 hour CrossFit
    Sunday, October 8 - 1,362 steps

I felt like I did pretty well over the week/weekend. I even volunteered to pour drinks at a local harvest festival and didn't drink any myself (that was a HUGE test of sober October!). What I did allow myself though, was a shared pint of ice cream with my husband, a little on Friday and the rest on Saturday. All day Saturday I had a sinus headache, but I was able to keep moving and doing stuff despite it. The headache made sleeping really hard, so Sunday I didn't get out of bed until 9am, had about two hours of feeling decent enough to clean (thanks to nasal decongestants), and then I crashed. It was miserable. What I am realizing though, is that I think this is what sugar does to me. I don't eat much sugar. In fact, I almost never have, except when it comes to ice cream. Lately, when I do indulge, I am almost guaranteed to have a sinus headache. I guess the moral of this for me is that when I do allow myself the few sweets I love, I need to eat them in smaller quantities.

Small wins for the week include: 1. still no alcohol in October despite serving drinks to others on Saturday 2. I've made so much progress with my calorie counting and working out that my out of shape, unhealthy husband decided to do the intro to CrossFit class and plans to join me starting tomorrow. 3. I should be in the green tomorrow. I weighed myself today and was 3lbs down from last Tuesday, but I respect that it was probably water weight since I was unable to eat or drink much of anything yesterday.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @Kali225 - GORGEOUS pictures! Kayaking is so much fun. Also, incredible amount of turtles. I am jealous! I love turtles. Way to go on kayaking every day until you can't.

@YinxFed - 8 miles!! You're a rock star! Also, you have a beautiful smile. Thank you for sharing the picture!

@ashleycarole86 - I love that you got to take your mom to see Adele in Vegas. Even with the understandable sadness that comes with it, it will be a great memory for you to cherish the rest of your life.

@JScottJr1988 - Welcome to the sober October group! You've definitely got support here. @jugar, @kali225, and I are all on board. You can do this!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 190.7
    CW: 189.9
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak I was just catching up and saw your dad passed. I'm so sorry for your loss.

@ashleycarole86 Have fun in Vegas. Great job with your steps. Happy Thanksgiving!

@jugar wow, it sounds like you made some good Thanksgiving choices. Happy Thanksgiving!

I stepped on the scale this morning and it eas definitely up from Friday. I started my day with a great leg workout and made good food choices. I did not hit 10,000 steps. I was in a training all day and had PTO Board meeting after work. It's not even 8 but I am ready for bed.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Late check-in from me. Today was an incredible day of kayaking. I was out for 4 hours and covered 13 miles. !! Super proud of myself for just... continuing to head up river until I was really ready to turn around. Arms are noodles. I got an email that 2 paddling locations have been extended through this friday so if I play my cards right at work, I could sneak in 1 more session on Friday. A good goal for the week!

Watching the football game now (Go Pack Go) and about to start my lower body workout - very late but I want to finish the game anyways so I'll be up regardless and I don't want to fall behind on my challenge. I have a good amount of food prepped for dinner and lunch this week, which feels good.

@MaddawgMadsen good on you for serving drinks and not yourself! I had an open bottle of wine in the fridge and dumped it out tonight! (probably didn't take as much willpower as your move, since it was opened like a week ago and wouldn't have been tasting so great :D )
  • jugar
    Options
    Made it here! It has been a super busy day. Even though it started with a long session of girl talk, we then made up for the couch time with walking, riding, cleaning, more walking, and barn chores. I rode a warmblood who is rather nervous in general, and we got along well. He loved just going out on a relaxed hack, even though there were moments he was tense, things were good. The pasture buddy mule came along just running behind loose and it got rather hilarious at times. I fit in my 7 minute series broken up around the day - so feeling pretty good, even though food is still rather more and different than usual at home.

Hoping you're all doing great! I'll check in more tomorrow - and here is the (through) Tuesday line-up:
    @kerdil08
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells
    @lauren_989
    @MaddawgMadsen

Great news about your serving but not indulging, @MaddawgMadsen - it is also so interesting about your sugar headaches. I find the same thing. Now that alcohol and sugar are even less present than they were before, the negative reactions to either are stronger. I also find that sugar combined with fat packs a super-whammy, so the ice cream migraine makes a lot of sense. Dang! One more inadvisable indulgence smashed!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Had a great time camping at the festival, it was very chilly though, the wind was whipping, and we were in a big open field.

Food wasn't bad, at all, and neither was drinking. I don't know what hit me, but ever since May, my alcohol intake has greatly decreased, I only have a few when going out now, if that. Like at the festival, Saturday, I had an Apple cider mimosa 11am, then 2 shots of apple pie moonshine 5pm & 9pm (those were celebratory, it was my friend's 1st gig with his band, they were much better than I expected). Prior, I would have had a drink in my hand the entire day! I just decided I hate the way it makes me feel the next day, and that I shouldn't hang out with people who make me want to drink. LOL

I even have these Root beers, and birch beer I save specifically for the football games (I only have 1); they are old timey ones made with real sugar, and not much carbonation, they are really good, and my treat instead of the 6 pack of beer that I used to drink.

Exercise did not happen though, I did walk a lot, it was a hike from our camp to the festival. So, I will have to get back into that this evening, I think on Thursday, I am going to sign up for an intro to Tai Chi class.

This rest of this week my goal is:
    Today : - 20 min video, 15 min yoga
    Weds - 10 min video , 10 min strength, 15 min yoga
    Thurs - 30 min video, 15 min yoga Or Intro to Tai Chi (90 min class)
    Friday - 20 min video, 10 min strength, 15 min yoga
    Saturday - 45 min video, 15 min yoga
    Sunday - Off day !

I think it might be time to break out my stickers...

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    PW: 212
    CW: 208.4

I though I posted this already, lost what I typed up. Will catch up more later.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    PW: 177.6
    CW: 175.2

I'll take the green win, but I know it's not all real weight loss with the off day Sunday. I will do my best to be in the green next week, but it will definitely take some work!

@ashleycarole86 - Monday, October 9th - 6,715 steps - bowling league at night (not sure it really counts as activity, but I did get a 212 on one game)

My husband joined me at CrossFit today. I had a great time and it seems like he enjoyed it once he got over the early morning grumpiness.

@Kali225 - GO PACK GO! I grew up in Oregon, but I am a Packers fan. I actually had the privilege to go to Lambeau Field this past May. So amazing!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    I don't know what hit me, but ever since May, my alcohol intake has greatly decreased, I only have a few when going out now, if that. Like at the festival, Saturday, I had an Apple cider mimosa 11am, then 2 shots of apple pie moonshine 5pm & 9pm (those were celebratory, it was my friend's 1st gig with his band, they were much better than I expected). Prior, I would have had a drink in my hand the entire day! I just decided I hate the way it makes me feel the next day, and that I shouldn't hang out with people who make me want to drink. LOL

I even have these Root beers, and birch beer I save specifically for the football games (I only have 1); they are old timey ones made with real sugar, and not much carbonation, they are really good, and my treat instead of the 6 pack of beer that I used to drink.

This is AWESOME!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    leni1us wrote: »
    I'm so sorry @jugar and team. We got back in town last Thursday and I totally got turned around on what day was what. I just realized I missed my Friday weigh-in. Please don't drop me from the group.

I know it's too late to submit a weight this week but I will be back on track next Friday.

Thank you
    You are always welcome, late or not! If you have a late weight to submit, go right ahead and I can still put it in. Otherwise, we'll just wait until next Friday. I'm always forgetting what day it is, so I can relate!

Thank you. I'm working to try and get back on track after being out of town. I haven't jumped on the scale since we've been back. I'll submit on Friday, as usual.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy Congrats on finding nonalcoholic substitutions for the rituals you regularly enjoy. I "retired" from alcohol almost 12 years ago and haven't looked back. I definitely have places I avoid if possible to keep me from feeling out of control and all that, but staying away from it is a big help overall.
    Happy Tuesday everyone!
    Last Tuesday, my OH came home from working as a cook and tested positive for COVID. I know. I should have done all. the. things to isolate in the same house but figured I was likely exposed already. I tested negative on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday...cool. perhaps, thought I, the beastly virus was going to pass me by because of the other two vaccines I had this fall...but, no. I started having new symptoms Sunday night and decided to test before going to help my daughter with some desk reorganizing project. I'm glad I did since it was positive. No big surprise, really. But you know, NEXT time (I told my spouse in no uncertain terms), NEXT time, the non-infected person will sleep downstairs on the couch and keep the infected one upstairs. Everyone masked in the common rooms (including the bathroom), and open windows as much as possible to clear out contaminated air. I mean really, as much as I appreciate having days off from work, I don't have the dreamed of energy to go with it to get stuff done around the house. What's the point??
    OK, the one real positive of this? My appetite is a bit off. That's fine by me! I dropped a pound and hope it'll stay off once "the covid" is done with me!
    I'm not up to adding to this right now. Perhaps a bit later. I hope you all take care, mask up in public when you can and otherwise, stay healthy.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I missed my 7 minutes of exercise challenge yesterday. I’m determined to get it in today. My dr visit went well. So glad I felt good about her care. One more thing to check off the list. It’s a relief to find a new doctor. And my blood pressure was so good, I wondered if it was right. Lol 122/74 That is REALLY good for me.

Busy here watching the Philly sports 🏈 ⚾️ teams play. Go Birds 🦅 Go Phils.

Haven’t logged, but going to soon.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 435 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @veronica1359 great loss this week

@ashleycarole86 what a fantastic way to make memories with your mom. Amazing she could still participate in most things scooting around.

@IDebraK prepping for the winter sounds like a lot of work but so satisfying being with all those animals.

@MaddawgMadsen Proud of you not partaking and serving alcohol. That's a big accomplishment.

@EvMakesChanges hope you get over COVID soon and bounce back quickly

@littlemzkitty is there any other non-scale victories you've noticed? What changes have you been making in the last few months?
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    PW 167.6
    CW 167.6

I had a great Canadian Thanksgiving with all the turkey and stuffing and pie for 2 days but after that got out for a long walk with the dog and back to regular eating and working out.

Has anyone moved with kids? It's been something my husband and I have causally talking about and getting out of the city but guilt gets me thinking I would have to pull my daughter out of the school she knows and loves. Having been raised on a farm I feel a pull to go back to the country.
This discussion has been closed.