WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,204 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    well, that was a warped sort of marie kondo day. We're having some windows installed tomorrow, so everything has to be protected from the dust and dirt, furniture had to be moved, and all kinds of fun activities. In the process, I somehow decided it was time to get rid of stuff, reorganise stuff, move stuff all over the place - I don't know what came over me. Oh and I got out the fancy carpet cleaner machine and did the hallway rugs we always put down before winter. Why today? who knows... Anyone need some really cool big measuring cups? A wine decanter with a weird but beautiful aerating thing? Boxes of books?

I'll get back outdoors more tomorrow while the work is being done - that will help! Jasper is on the agenda. We'll need some good rides this week.

@Gidgitgoescrzy your alcohol reaction story is really interesting. I know that alcohol can mess with your gut bacteria - leaving you with some bad imbalances, and sometimes "leaky gut" where large protein molecules can wander where they are not wanted. It isn't an allergy, but the effects can be quite intense - smart move to have some AF beverages and then just one "real" one so that there is not a problem of going over that edge there. Our bodies are pretty good at telling us what is not working! Just not always in precise ways. I also hope your back recovers. Hugs to you!

@leni1us I hope your exercise and water efforts went super well today :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Wednesday people - you're up next!
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @JScottJr1988

news welcome too :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Up early today - OH returned to work post Covid “vacation” - noisy coughing and lights from downstairs started it then, my mind kicked up a few questions so I got sucked into the e-mail rabbit hole.
    Last week, I started getting HelloFresh deliveries. The first box was full of goodies (free shipping for first one) and it’s been fun cooking with new recipes, etc. Before we got Covid (first couple of weeks this month), we found ourselves eating out way too often when we were worn out from work. Getting 3 meal kits delivered mid-week should help with that habit and keep us out of diners & restaurants this winter! It’s probably where we picked up our autumn Covid.
    If anyone would like to try HelloFresh, send me your email for a coupon. There are many kinds of food styles on offer, including vegan.
    Ok. Back to bed for another hour. Have a great day!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 150.4
    CW 150.4

Not surprised that there wasn't a change. I did not make a a huge effort this week. I did take the dog for a long walk yesterday and now I am going to do my workout. I do have meals planned for the rest of the week so hopefully I can be back in the 140s by next week. I think 145 by Thanksgiving is still doable.

@micki48 Love the cupcakes

@jugar I hope the job is a good fix. I went on a cleaning craze last weekend and had to take multiple trips to the Thrift Store to donate.

@gidgitgoescrzy that is odd that you had that reaction. I know now that I am older, I definitely can't drink like I used to. It doesn't make me sick, but I tend to wake up with severe anxiety if I have more then 3 drinks. I usually stick to 1-2 to be safe.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Tuesday, October 17th - 7,529 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit

@jugar - can I switch my weigh in day from Tuesday to Wednesday? I've noticed I'm almost always lighter on Wednesdays. It's possible I still have some weekend bloat by Tuesday. My weigh in today was 173.6.

@Gidgitgoescrzy - That's good news on your back. Also, good to know that the screw loose isn't a real possibility. It was scary to think that you could have surgery near your spine and then have the possibility of a screw coming loose. I hope you figure out what it is that is causing the other issue. Maybe it is the fruit juice. Maybe it's citrus specifically. Who knows, but hopefully you can find out.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar - can I switch my weigh in day from Tuesday to Wednesday? I've noticed I'm almost always lighter on Wednesdays. It's possible I still have some weekend bloat by Tuesday. My weigh in today was 173.6.

Done!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Wednesday greetings! @jugar Sounds like a very productive day for you. Cleaning/weeding out can be so liberating but can also be hard. Good for you, getting it down. Hope your new windows are great.

My day was ok. I logged all my food. Even the stuff I should not have eaten. (Student’s birthday cupcake offering) I am over today by 156 calories. So unless I can exercise those off before bed, I am over for the day. My calories are currently set low, slightly over 1200, so I’m not too worried about being over. I don’t really understand how MFP computes my calories even after all this time. I know the things that go into it but 🤷🏻‍♀️. I tried this metabolic calculator that said my basal ( I had basil 🌿 written first 😂) metabolic calorie
    need was 1562. My MFP calories are less. So technically I should lose. So far, scale is not showing it. I could use more water 💦 but getting it in at school is tough. I’m at about 50 ounces. I have met my step goal. Yay!

Eating that daily dessert is a habit proving hard to break. Also intentional exercise is complicated by my very hurting foot. I have a day and a half off after noon tomorrow. X-rays will be on my to do list.

@Gidgitgoescrzy Big congratulations on reaching that new decade. It must feel so good. Keep up the great work.

@KellyBgetsfit Thanks for the cupcake compliment. You can TOTALLY hit 145 by Thanksgiving!

I’m feeling pretty tired right now. Don’t know if I need water, exercise or sleep.
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I’m feeling pretty tired right now. Don’t know if I need water, exercise or sleep.
    Or hugs!

Don't stress about who defines how many calories you need - if you are losing, you are under your basic needs. If you are not, you are not. Go from where you are sitting and just shave off some. Hopefully it will work! I hear you on the dessert habit, though... It works if you can cut elsewhere :blush:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune I love Abbey Sharp's content on youtube, I'll have to look into her recipes!

Work was pretty busy for me so I'm glad I stuck to my dinner plan and got a walk in despite getting home later than usual. I probably walked further than I should have with my foot. Ugh. Hope I didn't set it back any. Work will be a lot tomorrow and Friday but I am looking forward to another peaceful autumn weekend.

Arm workout yesterday was a good one, I almost pushed it to today since my time of the month was hitting me hardddd, but I rallied after dinner and got it done. Glad I was able to rest today but I should stretch out my shoulders and neck before bed.

@Gidgitgoescrzy acid like that fruit juice combined WITH the alcohol - would not surprise me if that is the culprit of your trouble. I find there are a lot of things I can't mix with alcohol anymore without stomach trouble at a minimum (like heavy dairy in my case). I also started getting some mild acid reflux in the pandemic times - my GP suggested taking Pepcid regularly before eating or drinking.

Gosh it's bedtime.
  • jugar
    Options
    One more Wednesday, and the Thursday line-up get ready!
    @JScottJr1988
    @ashleycarole86
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    PW 173.6
    CW 173.7
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Wednesday, October 18th - 7,716 steps, 35 minutes of spin, bowling league in the evening (I don't know if I should count this because my watch at some point told me to get up and moving)

I woke up feeling pretty crummy today. Another mild sinus headache. However, I did have a decent amount of sugar yesterday because work is where I am stashing all the bowling tournament candy and I find it hard to resist. The tournament ends this weekend and then I will be able to give away the rest of it!
  • micki48
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Ashley and Brad!!! Wow! You were just married when you started with us. Didn’t realize that. Wishing you both so much happiness and adventures. ❤️🎉🥂
  • micki48
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I think my Fitbit isn’t tracking step’s correctly. I danced around and walked and moved and there were only a few step. Not sure why it’s doing that. It’s only a few months old. I am losing faith in their product. And yet, I depend on it. Boo!!

Logged all that went in my mouth. Turned down a birthday cupcake at school today. Proud of that. Went out to lunch with DH and only ate half of my sandwich. Some 💦 but not enough yet. I don’t think I will make my 7k steps today.

@jugar Thanks for the hugs 🤗!!❤️
  • jugar
    Options
    What a gang - bowling tournament, wedding anniversary, a turned-down cupcake (=a great self-care event!), and some great workouts - all right!

We have been continuing our home repairs and trying to clear out more stuff before winter. I sold 2 IKEA furniture pieces that have lived in the basement for a few years. Unfortunately, their pieces had gotten rather mixed together and they are the same colour :blush: Luckily, the guy who bought one of them is patient and figured out what was what, complete with pictures, and we'll get it straightened out tomorrow morning before I bring the other one to its new home. I think it might all work out! I'm glad they're out of the basement in any case.

Friday line-up time already? Wow. Here's what's due:
    @JScottJr1988
    @conleywoods
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Pearl4686
    @leni1us

Thanks!