WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,157 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy Congrats on hitting the new decade.
    The 160's is where I want to get back to... inspiring to see you hit it this week! You go girl
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice wishes for our anniversary. Yes @micki48 it wasn't long after we got married that Brad and I realized we needed to make some changes. Both of us face similar struggles and I think the last year has taught us that we are really always going to have a hard time.. we let our guard down too much and we lost our control but we never lost sight of this group or being on MFP and I think that counts for a lot.

Staying with the group and on MFP even while you were struggling definitely counts for a lot!

@ashleycarole86 & @bowens1973 - I know I'm a little late to the game, but happy anniversary! Beautiful hike picture, too!

@wishfuljune - happy anniversary to you as well!

@micki48 - I was a diehard Fitbit user until my last one started dying after only an hour or two and was less than a year old. When I did research on that issue, I discovered it with other issues are starting to become the normal for Fitbit. So, I switched to Garmin and so far love it! It's only been about two months, but so far everything about it has been great. It even has more tracking options than Fitbit does. I'm not suggesting that you need to switch tracking devices, but if you decide to start looking into something different, I would recommend Garmin.

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Thursday, October 19th - 5,821 steps - So close to hitting my step goal, just didn't have the energy at the end of the night to make it happen. Today will be better.

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune
    Your anniversary weekend sounds like a lot of fun - enjoying the celebration of your love!
    What is a live podcast recording like? Just what it sounds like?

Pretty much! You’re just watching the hosts live as they’re going through the discussion. The live shows usually have a lot more content and fun things (like games or animations) that the podcast won’t have.

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    q19wqbc4pxm2.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    What a great step report! 10 5K races apiece - we are smokin' :smiley: I absolutely love all the ties - so much good exercise in there! I still have not got a new step counter watch thingy yet. Sorry! I'll be back eventually.

Today I had a fantastic trail ride with Jasper. He is just such a happy young thing it's contagious when we travel along together. He was full of beans today - enjoying being out in the wind, even with some rain. He did have a little bucking episode out of the sheer joy of running. He hasn't been out on a trail ride since before my trip to Alberta, so I think he was just getting a little too happy for a minute there. We were going up a hill, so no harm done - and he came right back to earth like a gent. Yeee hah!

Thank you for your beautiful reminders @micki48 - the journey has to be full of good feelings, even if that makes the path meander a lot. Just controlling the behaviour is not enough - the willpower wears right out. Changing the knowledge (learn some stuff and experiment on ourselves), feeding on enough food to give the best feelings, and on other nourishment when food will make bad feelings, finding ways to move that also feel good -- that all takes lots of meandering! I'm glad you're all on this journey with me.

Good luck on your dinner with the hungry Canadian @leni1us ! Think of good ways to say no and practice your lines! No harm in leaving things on a plate. The company is the best part :smiley:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late - but I also want to wish @bowens1973 and @ashleycarole86 and @wishfuljune a happy anniversary.

Night night all.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Time to wrap this week up tomorrow! Here is where things stand.

Overdue:
    @JScottJr1988
    @conleywoods

Due Friday:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Pearl4686

Due Saturday:
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @IDebraK

Thanks!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    CW: 221.6
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    CW: 190.4
    Wrong direction, dang it! Earlier this month when I first had Covid, I got a bit lower and then we moved a lot less but got our appetites back and took a lot of naps. Hmmm…bad combo. Getting back into condition takes a while. I can relate to needing more water and veggies. I’ll be heading to my daughter’s in central Vermont Saturday morning (later this morning, I guess!) and plan to cook with much less salt than my OH does. I’ll get back to the next decade down soon.
    Happy everything, amazing teammates!
    Here’s to a new week…heck, almost a new month - wowza!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    And sure enough my Saturday weight is less. It’s a pound lower. We’ll keep it as I posted but I may wait til next Saturday to post my weight just to see if this is really a thing.

How is everyone doing today? What positive talk have you given yourself?

Have a great one! 👍🏻
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    My positive thought today is "every moment is a chance to make a good decision"

I tend to get fixated in mistakes of the past but they depress me and then I eat or do other self-sabotaging behaviors. Thinking about the present is helpful for me.

Thanks @YinxFed ❤️
    @jugar we'll be glad to have you back when your tech allows it! Your numbers are always so inspiring
This discussion has been closed.