Options
124»

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Chris,

Jack Reacher is better than alcohol. Wait, hmmmm, let me think about that. Anyway, hope you got a good rest and reset. How old is Ronan now? Is that the terrible twos? Hope it's just temporary. Babies are beautiful but challenging.

{{Huggss!!}}

Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    Shelley, Yes, Reacher solves a lot of problems!! Finished Reacher's "No Plan B" and started a new series with Dalton Savage today. Reacher's new book comes out this week, I think...maybe...hopefully.
    Did 5.19 miles in 100 mins this morning then it rained here in Northern California!!! Crazy!!
    Ronan came over for a Play Date w/Grandpa. I did nothing but read after my walk!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Collin Duty this morning then my trainer for a 60 min workout then Ronan Duty now is Reading Duty!!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Oh my. You all made me smile. Kathy's shrugs and dunno, Paula's wet hair and Chris your Reading Duty. Was that a run on sentence? Meh

Looked at houses today. I bought mine at $55,000 26 years ago. Lots go for more than that now! Not giving up. Might have to increase my range. Being picky.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, :D
    The sun is not coming up until 7:30...I thought it was too late to walk and leave Pat with Collin for an hour by himself but he told me it would be fine to walk later in the morning. I said I might walk after Collin is picked up if I'm not melting. We started talking about when we walked in the dark with flashlights and listening to the frogs croaking down by the Ruins. :'( Told him I miss walking in the dark with him but understood it was too much for his hips now. His docs want to replace the old stuff they put in years ago. Pat has to work out when that can happen now that we have Collin and Ronan. Maybe this coming summer.
    So we have Collin Duty then I have Walking Duty (maybe) then I have Reading Duty today. :o
    Have a great day my friends.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    We had Collin this morning then saw my trainer for a 60 min workout now we have Ronan until 3:30 when he will be picked up to go to his tennis class.
    I'm going to walk in the morning for an hour.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I forgot to log in yesterday. o:)

Chris tell Pat to schedule his surgery. Then tell DDD they will need to take vacation. We are not getting any younger. Get out there and enjoy life. Or buy Pat a scooter for walks. He can sell it after surgery.

My daughter can move her toes again a little. First time in years. Very hopeful she will have a better outcome after her last surgery. I worked out for an hour after work. Set down to eat dinner and received a call from my BFF. She wanted to meet for dinner. Oh yes. Ditch my dinner for a chance to go out you know it. So fun.

And my back and hips just keep getting better doing the exercises.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, glad you had fun w/your BFF!!! My sweet, darling husband does not listen to anything I tell him to do!!! He has way more issues than I have and never complains or wants to talk about them...me?? I'm always complaining about something!
    I met with my trainer for a 60 min workout today. It was supposed to be Fun Friday, but she had bad intentions for me!!! :D It was a tough workout after the morning w/Collin!!
    Tomorrow is SIL's b'day celebration...rugby game on TV and then the party...fun...not!!!
    Sunday is our yearly Pumpkin Carving/Painting Celebration!!!
    Have a great weekend, my friends!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I got 5.38 miles done in 106 mins to the post office and back. It was beautiful out there and a little cool. Going to the Pumpkin Party tonight.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I take it you are not a fan of watching rugby on the tele. Husbands rarely listen to us. But so glad you got in a "fun Friday". ;)

I got in nothing this weekend. I have asked Rocky to fix the hump in our bedroom floor since we moved in. Got an addition done. New driveway and garage. And all the other projects. He finally said we could look. Almost perfect now. But boyyyy......

Pulled back the carpet after moving furniture. Then took up the floor. In crawl space under the bedroom addition were empty beer cans from back in the mid seventies. They were drinking on the job! It was off by over an inch. And they had to know. Will add photos tomorrow. Sore and tired.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Morning Monday ladies!

Been a little out of pocket...Mom got COVID so was nursing her back to health last week. She's fine now!

I did get my COVID booster on Friday. Pretty easy. Just a sore arm.

Busy week ahead. I leave for Brazil on Saturday. Sort of wish I didn't have this trip....too much going on in my world.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Karen
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Shelley, The beer explains the wonky build, doesn't it. How funny!

Karen, So glad you didn't get Covid and your mom is okay now. Hope she didn't get too much of a wallop, it might not be as deadly now, but it sure can hit hard.

Chris, I think you like it when your trainer works you hard, don't you, lol!

I've started another Hogwarts challenge. It's a true wimp who gets exhausted just fixing breakfast. Need some muscle!!!

Paula
  • cpanus
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Shelley, NOOOO to rugby!!! SIL already has two concussions that I know of. He had talked Nick into playing with his team. We went to the game...I had a fit!! I screamed every time Nick had the ball and got tackled by an entire team of giants. It killed me the entire time. When it was over, Nick climbed into the back seat and laid down, he groaned then said, "That was my last rugby game." I was the happiest mom in town!!!
    I laughed at "...all the empty beer cans back to the 70s"!!!
    Karen, Glad you and your mom are okay. We'll get our buster shots on the 1st, I think. Ronan and Sara have a school holiday that day, so we will be free to go play at Kaiser!!!
    Paula, Have fun with Hogwarts!! I remember when we all did it. And, just so you know...I cuss a lot during my workouts...my trainer laughs...she thinks I'm funny!!
    I saw my trainer for a 60 min workout today...we did laugh a lot!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula you are right. Chris loves it!

dv8e8i4s093f.jpeg
    mk4iixovvtjz.jpeg
    nyy8muggkfwm.jpeg
    zx0uaisjwpau.jpeg
    rcuwuvexdd0c.jpeg
    q3nbqfg3tvaa.jpeg

• zumbaforever
    Options
    We had to remove the trim. It was a dirty mess. New carpet later and all new trim. Like the wall paper that was hidden?

Chris I don’t think I knew that your SIL knew Nick. Rugby is a vicious sport. And cussing while working out is allowed. So is flatulence. ;)

Karen you have been busy. Hope she is doing well.

Paula I hope you get some muscle

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Y'all, my internet just went out for a day, don't know why this happens. Just giving a heads up in case I disappear from MFP again. Hopefully not. It's frustrating. So used to being connected to you'all, feel lost when I can't. Like that commercial on TV... Ugh.

Paula
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate goal weight: 148
    Oct 31 goal weight: 169.9

Sep 30 ending weight - 173.4
    Oct 01 - 173.6
    Oct 08 - 175.8 🤬
    Oct 15 - 174.2
    Oct 22 - 174.6
    Oct 31 - 175.8

Ugh. Horrible month.

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    Options
    Highest weight: 317
    Ultimate goal weight: 138
    Oct 31 goal weight: 220

Sep 30 ending weight - 231
    Oct 04 - 234.0
    Oct 08 - 224.5
    Oct 15 - 224.0
    Oct 22 - 224.8
    Oct 31 - 224.0

Actually dropped to 221.xx but bounced up again. All good.

Paula

My internet's up again. Looks like it goes out for a day before being okay again. One day off, a few weeks on, something like that. Maybe my neighbor's router does a reset once a month. As long as it works again, it's such a relief.
  • cpanus
    Options
    I got 3.42 miles done in 64 mins this morning...then Collin Duty...then Ronan Duty. It was a full day!
    Chris