WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    @IDebraK Thanks for the long post - no apologies needed at all. It is full of good stuff. I am so with you on finding the best part of routines, but always needing some change in there to keep it going. I also agree about food tracking - for me it was really important and helpful for a good period of time. Gradually, my general eating changed (not "a diet") and now I find it easiest to categorize food in ways that work for me. There are no "never" foods, but there are certainly categories from every day to very rarely, trigger or non-trigger, be careful, and all the in-betweens. I still occasionally stray into too frequent consumption of foods that add weight too easily, or into general too-muchness, and then tracking for a few days to get out of there helps. For a lot of people who still have a larger amount to lose, the dietary needs are going to be changing for a while. Tracking helps to get used to each level of change - because like it or not, to weigh less means to eat less. We become more efficient machines :smiley:

I am deep into reading the ton of documents that crashed into my inbox last night - the consulting/investigating job I am going to do for the next few weeks has finally gotten started. And boy howdy, is it ever a tinderbox kind of situation. I hope that all the reading this weekend and then starting the interviews next week won't get too crazy. It feels good to have a real job again for a while, though!
  • jugar
    Options
    I neglected to nag last night! Oh my.

Here are the weigh-ins due by the end of Saturday:
    @ashleykaykay93
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @Beohbebewhy6630

Thanks! If I missed anyone asking for the week off or something, just remind me...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 149
    CW 149

I haven't weighed in again since Wed! Busy week. I won't have a green Nov, but that's ok
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comprehensive response to my query about your workout challenge @Kali225 . I did a Popsugar Fitness Kickboxing routine this morning. But I think that I will return to Heather next week. I will do her October programme.

I am still looking for a way to pick up my walking episodes (and therefore, my steps). I might have to combine it with my podcast listening. Still looking for a sustainable way of doing it - it really shouldn't be this hard!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    PW: 149
    CW: 148.3

Sun- 2500
    Mon: 8154
    Tue- 6723
    Wed - 11361
    Thur - 3215
    Fri - 13723
    Sat - 5508
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    The November Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 5th. Please join us for the Holiday Happenings Challenge! Expect some lively discussions...hope to see you in the chat thread! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902798/november-week-2-group-challenge-holiday-happenings#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hi WaistAways!

CW: 177.8, so a little down this week?
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    checking in on this lovely Saturday! did my final workout of the 6-week challenge and it was a doozy. I also took a 71 min walk broken up by 3 rest periods on benches. I think my foot handled it pretty well which is awesome. Tomorrow needs to be a real rest day. And then into my de-load week before weeks 7-10 of the challenge.

Quite tired. As it turns out, the apartment pool is closed until early next week so I will save my floating around until next weekend.

I watched The Wedding Planner tonight and now it is time for bed.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

PW 213.3 (I think)
    CW 214.5 😕

Happy birthday to all our birthday ladies. Wishing you the best.

Some great losses. Unfortunately, not here. Still trying to catch up on posts. Want to share about my new sneakers. Next time. Be well.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    PW=80,1Kg
    CW=80,4Kg
  • jugar
    Options
    Sunday folks, you're up!
    @YinxFed
    @Betsy___

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I was very happy to see us come in first for this first week of November - we have pulled up our collective socks and are leading the teams for healthy, sustainable loss this week.

More than that, our 3 top losers are examples of 2 of the most important (but contrasting!) parts of this journey.
    @Gidgitgoescrzy and @Pearl4686 have both been with the team for a long time. They have both gone through struggles with consistency, throwing up the hands in defeat, and coming back to try several times. Right now, they are doing great! Renewed commitment has started to pay off. Keeping it going is a challenge, but the biggest step is to try again, and here they are showing us the way. Hats off!

@JScottJr1988 joined us recently, and is hopefully on that wonderful surge we have when we start taking this stuff seriously and working on our health, fitness, and general condition. We're hoping you'll be in here sharing some of that energy, Scott, because it sure helps the rest of us feel the burn and get inspired! Posting about successes, struggles, and all the in-betweens is what we have to share. Bring it on!

I know this is a bit of a spoiler on the upcoming results post, but I'm heading off the computer until tonight. Have a good one!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    @jugar reading that last post about cold air just gave me such a clear image of a crisp winter morning, breath fogging before you, world quiet under the blanket of snow. one of my favorite feelings! I hope we get some good snow in Boston this year but I have been hearing that snowfall may be tempered by the El Nino patterns. boooooooo.

Loved gaining the hour of daylight savings time today! (although I do think the US could do away with the concept altogether at this point) got my groceries done and put away, my lunches are meal prepped, and I had lunch with the football games on + did a facemask. I think I might need to find a humidifier for my bedroom because my skin is feeling extra dry recently. Going to do some deep stretching during the later games. No workout today or tomorrow! foam roller and stretching only. looking like a pretty quiet week for me - no big errands to run, no appointments, work should be manageable. love that feeling!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I had 2 perfect days this weekend! Now to just stay out of the break room tomorrow so I can hopefully extend these perfect days! It was 71F degrees out today and sunny so I spent a good portion of the day outside. Although it is now dark at 5:30pm 😕
This discussion has been closed.