WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I had 2 perfect days this weekend! Now to just stay out of the break room tomorrow so I can hopefully extend these perfect days! It was 71F degrees out today and sunny so I spent a good portion of the day outside. Although it is now dark at 5:30pm 😕

I have to chuckle at your dark at 5:30 - here sunset was at 4:31. And 71 degrees! Holy cow! I'm going to be in North Carolina the 13th - 16th, so I'll get to enjoy some of the balmy temps too :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Here we go into week 2! Let's try hard to hold on to our top spot :blush:

Weigh-ins through Monday:
    @Betsy___
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells

Thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, I had a nice 3-day weekend. I have to use up my pto before the end of the year, so I took every other friday off for the remainder of the year, it's wonderful!

We hiked 5ish miles on Friday, where we initially started, we decided to leave after about 30 minutes, the only people we saw were hunters with bows, and we weren't dressed properly for that, so we decided to go somewhere with no hunting allowed. lol

Saturday, after a long night of not sleeping, at 2am I got a text from my youngest, he hit a deer on his way home from work, so although it's just his car and the deer that was hurt, it still kept me up. I got a new couch delivered, it's so awesome. It is in my room, it's kind of a she shed, but inside, lol. I had to take all my plants out, so it could be delivered, then put a new rug down, then had to put all the plants back. That took a while.

Sunday was football and a whole lot of nothing.

As for food, I would give myself a B+, I did eat some french fries that I could have done without, but I did not cave to my craving for something sweet on Saturday night. I really wanted to make chocolate chip cookies.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day, I have lots of catching up to do !

• CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 193.8
    CW: 198.1
    I had a big over calories weekend, some 🍷, some restaurant meals (high sodium) and too many sweets. Back to the drawing board today - I’ve got my lunches for the week prepped to take to work with me and tonight it’s track walking at the Fieldhouse. Raining today ☔️ but at least it’s not snow ❄️ . I need a reset - need to get the scale going back down - starting to feel anxious about it.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great job on week one WaistAways! I've been here since July and this is the first time I remember us being in first place.

@Kali225 - excellent job on completing your challenge and ensuring your body is ready for the next part! Also, good choice watching the Wedding Planner. And, I completely agree with you that the U.S. should get rid of Daylight Savings. I know at least a few states have considered putting it on the ballot. Arizona and Hawaii don't have DST so, why do the rest of us?

@micki48 - I'm sorry to see the weight gain, but I am excited to hear about your new shoes!

@lauren_989 - The Whale was a well made movie. My husband and I both cried throughout it. Definite tearjerker. Also, fantastic job on the two perfect days! My fingers are crossed that you can avoid the break room temptations!

@ashleycarole86 - First off, I can't remember if I wished you a happy birthday or not. If I didn't, happy belated birthday! Secondly, it's your birthday. There's nothing wrong with taking a night to celebrate with your friends. I hope you had fun! Cheat days can help us keep our sanity at times. As long as cheat days aren't every day, then there's absolutely no reason to be upset about them or feel guilty about them.

@jugar - I love that description of winter. It makes me almost appreciate it. I do enjoy how everything is quiet and clean after a fresh snow fall, but then I remember I have to drive in it to get to work and I no longer enjoy it. And, what part of North Carolina are you going to? One of my best friends got married in May in Huntersville. My husband and I went to the wedding, and we had a fabulous time! It was actually the pictures from this wedding that led to me making changes for my health - joining Crossfit, calorie counting, and joining this group.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    Steps and Activity:
    Friday, November 3 - 6,601 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Saturday, November 4 - 6,565 steps, 1 hour of spin, 30 minutes of CrossFit
    Sunday, November 5 - 3,423 steps (I forgot to put on my watch until after lunch, but my steps wouldn't have been much higher since I had a very lazy Sunday morning) - 1 hour of bowling

Sober October was a success, however no drink November has not been. My husband and I had a little date day on Saturday where we went out to lunch and then hit up a local brewery that makes all their beer gluten reduced. Neither of us had been there in months and it was delicious. Then yesterday we had a beer while bowling and picked up a 4-pack of cider to go with dinner (chicken breast with roasted veggies). Overall, it was okay. I went over my calories on both days because of the alcohol, but I feel like we were both able to enjoy the drinks without our normal "need' for more.

Last week was pretty miserable for me because I didn't feel well. On Friday I went in to the urgent care to get checked for a sinus infection. Turns out, that is exactly what is wrong with me. I now have antibiotics and my head is feeling better. I hate how the antibiotics always wreck my digestive system, but it's only 10 days.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    Question for everyone: What is your favorite holiday and why?

Mine is Thanksgiving, which is coming up this month for those of us in the U.S. It has all my favorite F's - family, friends, food, and football. Funny enough, I will be in Mexico this Thanksgiving, but I will be with family, we will have good food, and we will probably find a way to watch football.
  • jugar
    Options
    So many good questions and things to think about today in here!
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    Weigh in Day: I need a reset - need to get the scale going back down - starting to feel anxious about it.
    Haven't we all been there. You were our shining beacon as you got ready for surgeries and finding your way back to moving better. Now just think about where you were. Over 50 pounds heavier. Your job is not going back there. It's an important job! You can do it :smiley: We will all share in being your boss :naughty:

@MaddawgMadsen so glad you got the antibiotics going for a sinus infection - they can be the very devil to get rid of if they go on too long.

As to holidays, I have never been a big fan of Thanksgiving, and since moving away from the USA in 1977 it has just not been a thing. It was a work day! And Canadian Thanksgiving (in October) was just a chance to take a short break.

I guess if I had to pick, it would be Christmas. I am not at all religious, but growing up, it was such a lovely time of music performances, family time, good old family food, and visits to neighbours or people we did not see often. Once I had kids (I waited until 38 for the 1st!!), it was such a fun time, and we re-worked some of my old family traditions, including making Swedish coffee breads and bringing them to our neighbours on Christmas Eve. Each stop involves a visit with some refreshments, a good talk, and then on to the next. That circuit, limited by the time available, became really special to me and the children. My daughter still carries it on as well.

This year, though, I'll go down to my dad's in the US to spend Thanksgiving with him in his care home. This is the first holiday season he is there, and even though he does not really grasp what is going on around him, I'll be happy to spend that day with him. My sister @EvMakesChanges will be busy with her family in Vermont, and our brother passed away in May, so this will be an important time to be with dad even if it isn't my fave holiday! My step-mom will be able to spend the day with her brother and family, including the first grandchild who arrived a few months ago.
  • jugar
    Options
    State of the spreadsheet report. Due through Tuesday:
    @Betsy___
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells

Thanks!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Steps and Activity:
    Friday, November 3 - 6,601 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Saturday, November 4 - 6,565 steps, 1 hour of spin, 30 minutes of CrossFit
    Sunday, November 5 - 3,423 steps (I forgot to put on my watch until after lunch, but my steps wouldn't have been much higher since I had a very lazy Sunday morning) - 1 hour of bowling

Sober October was a success, however no drink November has not been. My husband and I had a little date day on Saturday where we went out to lunch and then hit up a local brewery that makes all their beer gluten reduced. Neither of us had been there in months and it was delicious. Then yesterday we had a beer while bowling and picked up a 4-pack of cider to go with dinner (chicken breast with roasted veggies). Overall, it was okay. I went over my calories on both days because of the alcohol, but I feel like we were both able to enjoy the drinks without our normal "need' for more.

Last week was pretty miserable for me because I didn't feel well. On Friday I went in to the urgent care to get checked for a sinus infection. Turns out, that is exactly what is wrong with me. I now have antibiotics and my head is feeling better. I hate how the antibiotics always wreck my digestive system,
    but it's only 10 days.

Take a probiotic daily while on the antibiotic. It totally saves me from digestive issues. Also 1 famotidine tablet per day.

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    PW 170.4
    CW 166.4

I'm another Christmas lover. As a child I have such lovely memories with my family and Santa coming to our house to give out presents.

@IDebraK this new job sounds like a great change. Hope the transition into is goes smooth.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Monday, November 6th - 6,279 steps, bowling league in the evening

@lauren_989 - I think your husband is on to something with the holiDAY not holiMONTH thing. You have a great plan set for the upcoming holidays. Let us know how we can help!

@Gidgitgoescrzy - I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say NYE is their favorite holiday. I LOVE your reasoning for it. I went to a wedding once on NYE and that was a lot of fun. It is definitely an overlooked holiday!

@jugar - it's interesting how children change everything. I prefer Thanksgiving, Halloween, and then the 4th of Jolene (I mean July!... no I don't. July 4th is my birthday and a holiday in the U.S. so, I've renamed my birthday). Christmas has never been a favorite of mine because of all the expectations around it and the stress. Also, as I got older, it seemed to be one time of the year I was guaranteed to be depressed. I just wonder how much that would change with children. I think it is incredible you waited until you were 38 to have your first child. I am 38 now, and my husband and I are trying to have our first child in the next year or so.

@Kali225 - Halloween is my second favorite holiday. There are some years where it is actually my favorite over Thanksgiving depending on what we have planned. The decorations, lore, crisp fall air, and pumpkin everything are what I love about it. I had an opportunity once to spend Halloween in Madagascar which was quite enlightening. I was in the Peace Corps and staying with my host family at the time. I had heard Madagascar tradition on Halloween was to unbury their dead and have a party. This might happen somewhere in the country, but most the people in my village went to a very late church service (a 6ish mile walk, one-way) to honor their dead with singing and prayer.

@daria0919 - I already take a daily probiotic, but I will look into famotidine. Thank you for the suggestion!
  • jugar
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen Your "4th of Jolene" cracked me right up! Especially since my mother-in-law used to joke that her 2 sons, born April 3 and 6, were her "4th of July matinées"! She was a hoot, and I really miss her - it was nice to have someone to complain about her son with! My niece ( @EvMakesChanges daughter) was born on Thanksgiving, but of course that date changes - she has occasionally been the subject of turkey-based (baste?) ribbing. Holidays make both wonderful and horrible birthdays.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Steps if I’m not too late. sp9gj8n9zshc.jpeg
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    PW: 210.6
    CW: 208.8

Will catch up more later!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    We got our class photos back today. I was wearing the same thing today as in the photo. I was a bit shocked and sad. I must have reverse body dysmorphia because I didn’t think I was that big. I shouldn’t be surprised there are plenty of other signs - scale, tight clothes. I was telling my husband how bad it looked and felt. He was kinda a jerk (he really isn’t usually) and added “and your old too!” Boo on him. Now I feel sad.

I just walked to go vote. I also did a hip Pilates workout last night. Now I have to go cook dinner and I’m not feeling it.

I love Christmas because of all the decorations and music and cookies baking. But I do feel a little sad in some moments. So many family members no longer with us.

@cleaneater80 Great loss this week! Way to go.

Hope your day has gone well.
This discussion has been closed.