Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Good for you in committing to stop the back slide now. I look forward to hearing more from and about you.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    First of all you're looking awesome! Not sure what it says about my ability to gauge weight through pictures... but there you go!

By the way, good on you for getting on the warpath early on. The "head-space" thing is obviously a THING--at least for me it is.

Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,643 Member
    Options
    Hi, Merph! Good to meet you. Glad you have not given up - it looks like you have been on a wicked rollercoaster ride - lets hope there is one more run down and then all is stable. I'm soon going to be fighting my 50 pound regain after losing 120 a few years ago. I hope we can make our way through this, get off the rollercoaster and find a good healthy weight to hang out on!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Merph! I think COVID hit us all pretty hard. I know it did me. Glad you are back at it. You obviously know what to do to make it work!
  • Surfydel
    Surfydel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have restarted MFP in September. Since my first pregnancy in 1998 I have had weight issues. That was 25 years ago. Now I have menopause and it compounds the issues along with any aging related problems like arthritis and injuries. So I don’t want to move as much. And this also adds to my weight.
    So back in 2019 I started trying to do something about it. I went on Noom and wells doing this and having success till I had surgery on my shoulder 2years ago. So I’m trying something new. Noom has changed so much since I began with it and it was not working anymore and I had tried MFP back in 2012 after I had my ankle reconstruction. Since then it has been difficult to do heavy activity.
    What I want is to not feel disappointed in myself when I look in the mirror. I try to be conscious of what I eat. I try to eat things to better my body and reduce inflammation and get the most from my foods for my body.
    My hope it that I can do better and be better for my future self.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Options
    👋 the ladies are usually the best at saying hi! But welcome. Some of the posts by Novus are really really insightful and resonant. He is missed.

You restarted in September, right? How is it going? How fast/slow are you progressing? How are you feeling? 🤔
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Sorry for the late welcome Surfydel! Just got home from a quick vacation where I managed to hurt my wrist and do an ER visit. But I back now and hoping to support you in any way I can.
    For me personally, I’ve found that diet plans and programs didn’t work because when it was “over” I had no future maintenance skills. What seems to be working is accepting this is a lifelong challenge and making habit changes.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've been lurking, as I said in a recent post. But I've been on myfitnesspal for many, many years. I lost a bunch of weight about 8 years ago (lost about 70 pounds), and then just lost focus (gained all but 3 pounds back) - mainly because of some medical issues with my husband (leukemia). He's doing better now, and I realized that it was time to get back on track so that I wouldn't be the next serious medical issue. I live in the country - ride horses, love hiking, raising cows/chickens/dog/cats/goose.

I'm back down about 60 pounds from my highest, looking to break new ground in 2024 and lose new weight. It is time! I'm 60 years old, and it won't get easier!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing more from you Slashni.
    All of us - I’m sure- have lost and regained But we’re here and still working on improving our health.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hello @Surfydel and @Slashnl . I hope you both hang around and put your 2 cents in here and there and everywhere. It helps us all to learn from each other. And pretty sure we've all been in the weightloss world for awhile. It is nice to have support - and people who don't mind listening to the nitty bitty details about the crazy world of weightloss and CICO and the struggle.
  • im7mommy
    im7mommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new here. I've tried to lose weight once before in 2017 using Spark People. But my mom died and I lost all motivation. I'm in a much better place now. I have some challenges, but one day at a time. I weighed last at my highest known at 262 in November at a doctors appointment. At that point, I went in search of some help. Somehow, I found a program for people with and at risk for Type 2. My mother had it and quite a few people in her family had it. Being this heavy scares me because my mom wasn't that big. Anyway, I signed up and didn't hear anything. But in December, they messaged me and I started with that. It has been such a positive influence for me. I'm walking a mile most days, eating
    better and I've lost 11.7 lbs. After this program ends, I hope to find another one through my insurance to help me. I haven't limited anything since I want sustainable change, but I'm also trying to make better choices. I'm eager to see what's here to help.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Welcome! 🤗 We’re all in various stages of losing and/or maintaining. You might want to read some of the older post - especially Novus Dies. Smart you for trying to do this in a sustainable way because you’ll need to form habits that can help you maintain.
  • emmakeaney23
    emmakeaney23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've always been unhappy with my weight and I'm finally at the right amount of motivation to do something with my weight however looking for people to connect with, share motivation, share recepies but most of all an accountability partner. Looking to lose between 80 - 100lbs
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I've always been unhappy with my weight and I'm finally at the right amount of motivation to do something with my weight however looking for people to connect with, share motivation, share recepies but most of all an accountability partner. Looking to lose between 80 - 100lbs

Welcome!🤗. We’re all on the same journey here. Stay with us and we’ll do our best to support you. And you can help us too!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 31
    Options
    Tips and trips and random thoughts here!

Would sure love to see more posts from people who are actively losing as my visceral memories are starting to dim a bit with time!

I very much think that Novus' posts are super-relevant and definitely worth the time invested.
  • brandice65
    brandice65 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My name is Brandi. signed up yesterday again. I tried this back in 2018 but ended up having a surgery that caused me to have many different health issues and did not come back here until now. I need to lose at least 150lbs, if I don't, I don't know what my life will be like. I am 58 years old. I current live in Denver. I am unable to exercise much at this time. I need to get some weight off first. I have tried many, many diets, surgeries etc to try and lose weight in the past. I am ready to put my health first. I am open to ideas etc. Is there any body in a similar situation as me? Thanks Not sure if this is where enter this information or not.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Welcome Brandi! We’re all or have been in your situation. I’ve lost about 100 pounds in the last 5 years and I’m 76 years old. Wish I’d done it sooner but better late than never. I could not imagine how different my life could be!

I’d suggest you start slowly by logging all your food every day. Make changes as you can. Get a kitchen scale to accurately measure your food intake. Don’t do drastic changes or eliminate entire food groups unless you have dietary restrictions or personal beliefs.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Exercise will help make you more fit. So do what your body allows you to do as far as exercising. It’s all about calories in versus calories expenditure.

We’re all here to support you in any way we can.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Welcome, Brandi. After losing 115 pounds a few years ago - I'm recovering from a significant regain after 5 surgeries in the past year and a half. I tell you - the weight gain feels like it has had more of an effect than everything else.

Yooly has offered some fantastic advice. Come join us on the threads. Everything is super casual - but you will be so supported and there is so much knowledge within these virtual walls.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    Hey folks, I'm back. I changed my username (y'all knew me as Bella) - I don't feel too 'bella' at the moment, so I changed my username to reflect where I want to get to (54kg). Before I disappeared I was 60kg and at a BMI of 25 (down from 96kg) - now I'm back up to 66kg, so I'm now 10% overweight again. Sheesh.

I don't have any excuses really. I just let life get in the way. My sister was diagnosed with cancer Oct 22 and died 4th Feb last year - today would've been her 74th birthday. It's been tough, but I'm not making excuses. First I stopped tracking religiously, and doing quite so much exercise, then I started only weighing once in a blue moon, then I started to avoid the scale completely, then I stopped weighing my food...all the things I knew I shouldn't be doing...I did 'em anyway.

We're going through some scary stuff with my husband's health too, at present, so I can think of a 1000 reasons to overeat - those little demons are there with their siren song everywhere I turn. But if I wait until I'm worry-free to hold myself to account then I guess I won't hold myself to account until they nail me in my coffin, so here I am back again...glad, at least, that I'm not right back where I started (because I have a history of doing exactly that.) So I'm trying to look on the positive side.

I'm glad Pav, Laurie, Yooly, BCLadybug and Athijade are still around - I missed you and it's nice to see you're still trucking on....

• Yoolypr
    edited February 11
    Options
    Welcome back Bella! You have been mightily missed too. You added so much to our little group. I too am struggling with a scale up creep and trying to fight it off before gets worse. Hope we can do this together. 😍