NOVEMBER 2023 CHALLENGES -- 11/01 -- 11/30

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shelley. How is your daughter doing?
    We had Collin Duty this morning...he is 1 year old today!!! I had my trainer at noon for a 60 min workout then we had Ronan Duty until Pat took him home at 5:00.
    There is NO SCHOOL next week for Thanksgiving!!! I told Pat that was nine days with NO Grandson Duty...he laughed and said, "Yeah, right." and shakes his head!
    We have Collin's birthday party tomorrow at noon. We were asked to be a veggie platter...I've always done a fruit bowl...never a veggie platter. Ha! I ordered it from the grocery store, and it will be delivered tomorrow morning all put together!!! Egads, man!
    That's all for now. Have a great weekend, my friends.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Chris good thinking, the veggie tray not the 9 days off. Pat is right, no rest for you. :# She is healing slowly. We will see. Collin is growing quickly. No where near the photos of him that you showed us as Ronan. Birthday photos are needed.

So tomorrow I start setting up all the holding tanks for my fish. I have 3. One is 40 gallons and 2 are 20's. I need to check equipment and make sure there is enough. Will clean out one side of my guest room for them. Looks like the new aquarium will arrive next Wednesday. Shipping weight is about 1,100 pounds.

Lots to do. Move fish. Drain tank. Move tank. New electrical. New flooring. New paint. Ordering new fish. Going into crawl space and adding more supports for the tank. Move the other tank into another area. That will be incredibly risky. I will not be able to get the rocks the same. Boy I keep finding more things to do. Then move in my new tank. And photos.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Chris - Can't believe Collin is one...that flew by!

I had a hectic week at work. I applied for a few job and had 2 interviews yesterdays. Stressful. I haven't interviewed in 15 years...I think I did a decent job. Not sure if I am the right fit for it....but the practice is helpful.

I'm off for the next week. One of my good friends is in town so will get to spend some good time with her, and get ready for Thanksgiving. I'm cooking for 15....

Hoping to get some rest in....but I don't know lol...

Have a great weekend!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate goal weight: 148
    Nov 30 goal weight: 172.8

Oct 31 ending weight - 175.8
    Nov 01 - 175.8
    Nov 08 - 173.4
    Nov 18 - 171.6
    Nov 22 -
    Nov 30 -

Home and happy with the number for the week,

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 317
    Ultimate goal weight: 138
    Nov 30 goal weight: 220

Oct 31 ending weight - 222.5
    Nov 01 - 224.0
    Nov 10 - 223.8
    Nov 18 - 224.8
    Nov 22 -
    Nov 30 -

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Here ya go...Collin is 1 year old!!
    kr6f3w1vq8ms.jpg
    j71b3i04ue7c.jpg
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    OMG, Chris.

DDD sure makes darling grand-babies!

paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I see a lot of Ronan in him. Super cute, thanks Chris.

Oh my Karen. I hate interviews. My mouth is on auto pilot. I am like shut up Shelley! And then I keep talking. I know your Thanksgiving will be perfect.

Paula how are the kits? I seem to recall an adorable niece. Possibly grown now?

Kathy glad you are home with mom in time for the holidays. It will be wonderful.

Did anyone watch the Netflix about the Blue Zones?

Today we started moving things around in preparation for the new tank. All temporary tanks are out of storage. Had to go up the mountain for one stand. Went to a poverty resistance store to find something suitable for one tank. Took the sturdy inn table to the checkout. Was told that's not how it's done. We had to take it back. Bring the tiny sticker off it to buy it. She was a bit rude. So when she asked if we were rewards members I promptly told her I won't be coming back. Surprise! I can be snooty. The table was a good deal for $12.

Not much else today
    Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thank you guys. He is pretty cute!
    Good buy, Shelley!!! Crazy mean lady!
    I did exactly NOTHING today except read and make soup!! Yesterday was exhausting...too many people...too many voices talking at once. So glad when Pat nodded his head for going home!!
    I have Smash Cake pictures for you guys. I'll put them up soon.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris work is like that for me. All the voices! The ones from my radio. And the people right there. Crazy.

Finished setting up one of the tanks completely. Water in and turned on. Will add cycled rock and sand tomorrow. Friday night I had gone to Petco. They had just gotten in a shipment of fish. There was a Foxface fish. Did not look like he would make it. I told the employee I was interested in it if he pulled through. Called yesterday and the little guy was still alive. I went and looked at him today. Swimming around and looking better. They are holding it until Wednesday for me. Want to make sure it will survive. That is why I finished setting up the tank. So darn cute.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Shell,

I looked up the foxfish - so cute. Wikipedia says there is venom in it's fin's spines, is that true? So many beautiful fish in the sea. Amazing.

Paula
  • cpanus
    edited November 2023
    Options
    f4bk5jpe96w3.jpg
    Shelley?????????
  • cpanus
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The beginning and the end... :D
    3m3hpv5stuh6.jpgab3suh3wv3oc.jpg
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    f4bk5jpe96w3.jpg
    Shelley?????????

Chris/Shell?

u37gjp5o7wug.png
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    He is so adorable. And ha looks so happy. He will get easier to care for soon

Paula yes the fish is poisonous. I have one other poisonous one. A cute little pink spotted guy. Had him for years. I am sure the other fish will leave him be.

An o ring in one of the filters failed. Water was leaking onto my carpet. Rocky bought a new o ring and all is better. Added rocks and sand to one tank. Went walking but not much else.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited November 2023
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    cpanus wrote: »
    f4bk5jpe96w3.jpg
    Shelley?????????

Chris/Shell?

u37gjp5o7wug.png

I love it. So glad it’s not real. Made me laugh

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Made me laugh too!
    I got 5.20 miles done in 141 mins. Got to pet two huge dogs. Made it to the Ruins and back.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Since I have not received a call saying he has died I am assuming I can go pick up the Fox face today. A jaw fish should arrive by mail. Have not received confirmation on the copperband being shipped. They usually ship quickly. Will post photos.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited November 2023
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Shell,

I looked up the foxfish - so cute. Wikipedia says there is venom in it's fin's spines, is that true? So many beautiful fish in the sea. Amazing.

Paula

So a friend of mine thought I should name him Poison. In case he ever jumps. Said it would help me to remember not to pick him up with bare hands. I like Foxy!

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I can hear Jimi declaring "Foxy Poison, yeah!"