NOVEMBER 2023 CHALLENGES -- 11/01 -- 11/30

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    I made this my rest day...reading. My trainer is out of town this week. I'm going to the post office tomorrow. :#
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Paula it will be interesting having a poison fish in the tank. I don't think it just leaks poison all the time. Need to look it up. The manager recommended leaving him until Friday. And the Copperband is also stressed so they are not shipping yet. I can wait. But the tank arrived perfectly. Jaw fish in quarantine. Looks really stressed. Time will tell.

Happy Thanksgiving with family and friends!

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, my friends. I hope you all had a great day with your loved ones. We were with our kids, grand kids and friends. The food was soooo good!! EGADS, man!!
    I did walk to the post office this morning...5.23 miles in 147 mins then Pat and I made Green Bean Casserole for the party. I've never made it before...just kinda followed the recipe directions on the fried onion carton which really didn't make sense anyway!!!! It calls for 4 cups of green beans...2 cans of cut green beans has 3 1/2 cups of beans...sooooooo??? It turned out okay...I thought it needed more onions...Pat disagreed. Oh, well. All the food was great!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    I got to host Thxgvng for the first time in perhaps... ever, maybe? ..withy ex, brother, SIL and 2 nieces. It was great but is it normal for kids (12 & 14yr) to literally have their faces glued to their phones the whole time? Not used to that. Lovely to see them all anyway.

Best wishes all,
    Paula
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Shell - Foxy is the perfect name ;) Good luck with your new addition 😁

I hosted Thanksgiving yesterday for my siblings and kids. 12 of us....a lot of devices on this end too Paula ...I always try to remind the kids to come up for air!!

I started the day by going to gratitude yoga in the morning. They do a donation for a local food pantry as the fee to get in and it always such a wonderful beautiful start to Thanksgiving. By the end of the day I'd quote a few miles and with all the cooking and the steps, but it was good. Everything turned out great and people had a really nice time. I am still achy and exhausted :-)

Will be taking Mom and Bella's shopping in a couple of hours. We don't get up and line up at crazy times of the morning, but we do like to go to the mall and go to a few stores and then go out to lunch. Bella has to work at the grocery store at 4:00 so we can't stay out too late today. Which is fine with me!

Need to start decorating as well for Christmas!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    I have never hosted a Thanksgiving Dinner! :D Always better cooks in our families!! We had a great time...lots of Collin play. Ronan wasn't feeling well by the time dinner was on the table. Still has a bad cough...he may have caught another cold. He's not coming to play w/Grandpa today...he feels yucky.
    I slept until 9:00 this morning!!! It is crazy windy today. I'm leaning toward not walking. Reading sounds more fun!!
    Later, my friends. Hope you all have a good weekend.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate goal weight: 148
    Nov 30 goal weight: 172.8

Oct 31 ending weight - 175.8
    Nov 01 - 175.8
    Nov 08 - 173.4
    Nov 18 - 171.6
    Nov 24 - 171.0
    Nov 30 -

I’ll take it. Will continue to work to reach the 10% off by Christmas. Good month so far.

Kathy

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving turned out great. We had about 20 including my mom’s sister from Buffalo. She’s been here since 11/19 and is staying until 11/29. She and mom are having a ball. Lots of food, stories and fun.

And yes Shelley there were a lot of heads down and cell phones. Our new normal.

I took them to the park today for a short walk and they sat on a bench and get some sun while I walked a few extra laps.

Kathy

• zumbaforever
    Options
    I think it is a sad new normal for kids to do. Not sure what can be done. Should be up to the parents. Don't want to make them not come.

You all sound like you had a great time. We really changed up our menu. There was smoked turkey. We did a taco bar. Wanted to have things that everyone could eat. Too many allergies. But it turned out great. We played games after dinner. My grandson brought a girlfriend. Sadly my son and family cancelled. A friend committed suicide and they just weren't up for festivities. .

Kathy you are doing good with our 10%. I am still only down 3.

Night all.
    Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Freezing here in PA this weekend 😬. I did get to Planet Fitness this morning....too chilly to walk outside! Did 50 mins on the elliptical...

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    We had a breeze, but it was nice this morning for 4.83 miles in 99 mins.
    Ronan is still coughing. Poor guy. Collin is doing great.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    It's getting cold here too, Karen. And the electric heaters don't cut it, so time to breakout the indoor down coat and kitty lap rugs!

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    We went to Target this morning!! First time in a very long time!! It was pretty fun!! It's beautiful here.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited November 2023
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    It's getting cold here too, Karen. And the electric heaters don't cut it, so time to breakout the indoor down coat and kitty lap rugs!

Paula

Paula I was so cold the other night. Could hardly fall asleep. Got out the heavy down blanket. Wish I had thought of the kitty lap rugs. I am sure I would have been toasty in no time!

Chris I love Target. So much fun. I hope Ronan feels well soon. It is so much harder on them.

Karen our gym has an indoor track. It may not be huge but I love it. Great job by the way.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, now I want to do my own grocery shopping...maybe. :D
    Both boys have nasty coughs and runny noses...sigh...must have been a hard decision to send Ronan to school. I'm hoping Collin sleeps okay at nap time...which is now!!!
    32 degrees at sunrise this morning...a bit chilly, but Collin wanted to sit outside and spin the whirly gigs!!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Okay...too cold for me to walk this morning. We had Collin this morning and now Ronan. Ronan helped me decorate my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree...Pat had to fix it first...it's got a lot of Christmases on it's trunk and branches!!! :#
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I bet it is a beautiful tree Chris. I have their colds.

Stayed at work less than one hour. Came home and waited for my new fish. I have a nasty cold and feel so tired. The fish was floating on its side. Due to cold I learned. The box said it was handpicked by Martin. So I am calling him Martin. He is a copperband butterfly fish. I made fudge for work tomorrow. Rested and drank lots of warm tea.

Night all
    Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Today is Nick's birthday...he would have been 34 today. I miss him every day. I think he would have been a math and music teacher. He could look at a math problem...you know the ones with letters in them...and tell you the answer without writing anything down! That made his math teacher crazy. We are going to get together with the kids, go over to Nick's niche, change up his flowers and super heroes, then have dinner and dessert from his favorite place. Cancer sucks! I have harsher words for it but can't use them here.
    Shelley, we all have the cold now!! Sara stayed home from work today, so we don't have Collin this morning. We'll have Ronan this afternoon...he went to school.
    Bye for now.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I stayed home yesterday with my nasty cold. I disagree. Nick would not have been a teacher with that gift. Maybe an actual rocket scientist. Cancer sucks. Mean people suck also. Hope everyone feels better soon. Hope dinner was great.

Played D&D with my daughter and her friends. I have very little idea what I was doing. Ordered my last 2 fish hopefully. Some are so delicate at first.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Chris - cancer does *!*#s. Great tribute to Nick!

I've been tracking my food this week which of course has helped. We know this right? Trying to really up my protein. I did go to yoga last night which felt great.

I have my annual doctor appointment on the 15th. Still trying to get to my weight from last year which is about 10 lb less than I am now. My doctor will read me the riot act which of course she should do :-)

On a positive note my lab results are coming back very good. My iron and my vitamin d are now in normal levels. They were low last year. Waiting for cholesterol to come back but everything is looking really positive.

It is freezing here in Pennsylvania. Way too cold to go outside and exercise. Looks like Saturday is actually going to be nice so may get to do some of that. Trying to plan my workout so I get at least four in this week.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Karen