Lets get active here!

Options
mrrick51
mrrick51 Posts: 15 Member
edited November 2023 in Social Groups
Does anyone have any questions or experiance they can share here? What foods work for you and are you having any side effects?

Best Answer

• mrrick51
    Answer ✓
    Options
    grmabea63, I've been using protein powder to help hit my daily protein goals. I feel it is helping me recover after excercise.

Answers

• Ilene1616
    Ilene1616 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    No Shame Here!! <3 I started Mounjaro October 16, 2023 and couldn't be happier!! I'm 67 and have been dieting my entire adult life. For the first time in my life the "Food Chatter" in my head is GONE!! I am so much more relaxed and I don't have to navigate my life around food. I'm down 10lbs easily. I decided to start walking again after 2 months on Mounjaro so I'm sure it will be a boost. I eat 1200 calories a day (and I am never hungry )watching my macros closely. 80% of the time I eat whole foods and have for 13 years because it makes me feel better!!! I eat anything I want just rarely finish it. Whole foods can put weight on you so I started MFP again so I can mange and make sure I am on Mounjaro in a healthy way. The first week I felt a little nauseous and now its once in a great while. It makes me smile when I'm nauseous because it reminds me that Mounjaro is working!! Most of the time I forget that I'm on it!!!!

Thanksgiving was last night and I was cooking all day and I did not everything in site. I was in control all day and the best was I didn't feel deprived...IT WAS AN AMAZING FEELING, one I have never experienced before!! When it came to dinner I took a platefull of whatever I wanted and finished half...I can't believe I said that...Historically, I always ate everything and never got
    full. I have 50 more pounds to go and for the 1st time I feel I will happen!!

Good Luck to all that are looking to try it...I truly hope it works for you!! BTW some Perscription Insurance Plans are covering it in 2024!!!!

Thank you mrrick51 for starting this Group I hope it takes off!!
  • mrrick51
    Options
    Thank you ilene, I hope it can be a resource for everyone.
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. I started Semaglutide almost a month ago. I'm down almost 5 lbs. I get full so fast. I need to start reprogramming my brain to reduce my portion sizes. I have been noticing some gas & headaches. I hope these side effects ease up because I need this help in my weight loss journey.
  • grmabea63
    grmabea63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I’m taking my second shot today. I get full very fast also. It seems now food just doesn’t have the same gratification that it used to either. Now if I could wrap my head around stopping when I’m full. 😂 Although the weekend really messed me up and I don’t want to ever feel like that again. As far as side effects I’ve only really had slight headaches once and a while, Nothing that Tylenol or Advil didn’t help with. I’m not counting any weight loss this week. As it probably is only water related for me anyway. I wish you continued success on your journeys. 🌻
  • grmabea63
    grmabea63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use protein powder to help with your daily intake? I’m using Vital Protein right now, but my doctor recommended True Nutrition brand. Also if you are using a personal blender which one would you suggest? I m hesitant to spend the money on something that isn’t going to be worth it. Thank you for any recommendations 🌻
  • mrrick51
    Options
    I hit 215.8 this morning after 151 days on Mounjaro. SW -241 CW -215.8 GW -190. Only 25 lbs to go! My total weight loss will be 75 lbs whem I hit 190! This includes weight lost 2 years ago and never gained back.
  • mrrick51
    Options
    Hi everyone, It's Rick here. I'm at 262 days on Mounjaro and I hit a new low of 214 lbs! I was eating very lightly during the holidays, didn't really gain anything, but did have some very full almost gerd feelings, maybe because of the few alcoholic drinks I took. I think I'm back to watching everything I eat and starting to exercise again. How did everyone else do over Christmas? Are you back on track for the new year? Happy New Year and keep up your good work!