❣️🙏My Team, My Friend, My Family, Our thoughts are with You!🙏❣️

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,125 Member
    Options
    @Pmbach1 how are you doing? How are the treatments?
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I got a really bad cold right after the treatment. It was coming on before. So hard to tell whether the cold kicked my butt or the chemo. Last Saturday I had a terrible flare up of dermatitis. I have already but this went to the point of looking like I neglected it for a month within an hour. Fortunately I can call for an oncologist on call and they can tell me what to do rather than going to the ER. I took pics of my hands so that I can show the Dr on Friday and see if there is anything else to do other than Benedryl if it occurs again. Whew. One of the less common side effects. It was pretty scary my hands swelled up terribly. Today is the first day I am beginning hair loss.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Pmbach1, sounds very, very painful hon!! I am so glad you can call the oncall Dr and get the help you need. I do this often, mostly with my heart, but at other times to. These wonderful oncall Dr's are so good for us!! I'm glad it helped, though Benedryl LOL makes us so tired! Exhausted, literally, but a nice sleep. Hopefully, now knowing this can happen to you they are able to give you something ahead of time? Or slow down how fast the drip goes in, or combine the drip with a saline solution so it's not so harsh on you? We did that with an antibiotic that gave me red man symdrome, horrible itching, swelling. I am so sorry hon about your hair. I hope they're helping you or others are with how to cope with the loss of hair. Often our hair is a part of our ID, but in the end your life is so much more important. Many Hugs Pam, we were here with you. I am pretty sure I told you my Mom and a dear friend went through this. My friend wore the turban type headwear, they were warmer and LOL This is Maine. Plus they were very pretty. Some prefer wigs there are so many choices.
  • gouldsgranite
    gouldsgranite Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    @Ceriusly1 , Praying for your family. Hope she's improving.

@pmbach1 - Pam, so glad that you got relief. Prayers continue.
  • MawMaw1941
    MawMaw1941 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Prayers for all needing them, especially Pam. 🙏🙏🙏
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    TY TY TY @Retired_Sue and @walkintofit , Dearest Debbie, hon I am so sorry at the loss of your dear hubby. You both have something very special just because he's not with you in a physical sense, you'll always hear his laughter, hear his voice he'll never leave your dear heart. We are with you not just now, but for a very long time.
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @walkintofit Oh Debbie, I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers. And thanks to all of you for the prayers. They help and they work!!!!!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    @walkintofit sending good vibes and prayers for you and your family
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,346 Member
    Options
    @walkintofit - I know it's been a long journey for you. Sending prayers and a (((HUG))).
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @pmbach1 , so sorry hon. It's a side effect hard to handle. My friend said it's amazing how much more she was cold. Hopefully you have some very warm hats. Know please we are pulling for you.
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Someone must knit caps for the cancer center. Picked 3 of those and I have some thin ones for indoors. Feeling grateful for what I have. Thank you Diane.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    @walkintofit I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @pmbach1, there are a few mens knitting groups (they meet both in person and on Zoom) that makes items for various charities. I think it's wonderful men are into knitting! Plus many who make them to help others.
  • pmbach1
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 That is soooooo cool. My husband buzzed me today. doesn't look half bad.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @pmbach1 oh neat!!! Would you like to put up a pic? YOU DO NOT HAVE to. Sometimes that helps one to hear from others, but some do not wish to do so. NO PRESSURE!! Always only do what you want and are super comfy with. Answer anyone who's question is not tight with you ONLY if you are comfy etc. This is a time where you can and should go to limits that only YOU are comfy with. It's YOU going through this, and no one else has a say. LOL my relatives better hope I do not ever get sick sick. LOL I set boundies with them pretty strictly (well 3 out of 4 brothers). The rest of the fam not really any. One brother I do is because he's very sensitive, and it hurts him to much, he is so sweet and dear to us.
  • gouldsgranite
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @walkintofit - So sorry to learn of your husband's passing. Very sorry for your loss.. Prayers for you and your family.
  • gouldsgranite
    Options
    @pmbach1 - Loved that your husband buzzed you. ❤ This, too, shall pass.

How fortunate you are. Winter hats, short hair in summer. You are Rockin' this hair loss thing. Looking good!