Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Hey we'll learn how to use Kik (is it like “kiki”)together right?! I learned that if you type over the date for the birthdate it doesn't recognize it, I reloaded and deleted over and over as it kept saying I wasn't allowed because I wasn't an adult just so others know. As you already know I've made it to you on there! What soup are you making?

@broncobuddee Prayers to you with the medical issues, I hope you'll be back and feeling better soon! @trooworld is there anything I can do for now to help?

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks I'll check it out then! I hope so too! Funny I've been imagining your fridge, when you do it please share a photo. You definitely have to find us on Kik before your surgery so we can chat with you! Great way to eat well prior to surgery, you need good nutrition to heal well!

Hi friends, I went for my next post-op appointment x-rays this morning which didn't take long. I've been baking, wrapping presents, and and worked out and need to get back to the wrapping. Not sure if I'll get to Christmas cards, I don't have many stamps left and thought I did! Have a great Tuesday tomorrow!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Well ello @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm not sure of the umour I can gives ya'. But if ya making Builder's Tea then I'll be saying Bagsy but only if ya willin' to Budge Up in which I'll be quite Chuffed.

Cherrio VeganLass4Lyfe
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Well ello @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm not sure of the umour I can gives ya'. But if ya making Builder's Tea then I'll be saying Bagsy but only if ya willin' to Budge Up in which I'll be quite Chuffed.

Cherrio VeganLass4Lyfe

I should totally be asleep now because it's after midnight and I have to get up at 5:30, but I had to pop on here really quick. I just have to tell you that you made me chortle 🤣 Thank you, gov'nah!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

My family had norovirus rip through us this weekend. I’m feeling better and off to work today. Down 2.4 pounds since Sunday lol. I’ll take those losses how they come hahaha (although I don’t recommend this particular weight loss regimen).

Now to keep myself on track the rest of the week. I’m so close to 200 - I’m dreaming of that 1!

Have a great day everyone! Best of luck navigating winter virus season. May the odds be ever in your favour!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you can take care of your medical issues and your recovery goes smoothly. <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wow that's a lot of beans! LOL That's a good idea to bulk cook. I bought some bulgur (I think it was bulgur, it was some grain I got at the international store). I may have to bulk cook it and freeze it. I didn't say anything about the opening of my beauty advent calendar but I've opened 11 days so far and I like almost everything I've gotten. It's mostly been skincare things but a few oddballs like eye liner, mascara, and a perfume that I do not like lol. Hold on, I'll open todays...Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I'm happy with that! I can't believe it's already time to celebrate Christmas! I hope you enjoy your celebration. I hope work isn't too stressful right now. When you get the kik app, message me and I'll add you to the group chat. I have the same username on kik.

@Katmary71 Yes! It was my husband's night to cook, he made wild rice soup with added chicken breast. It was okay. Yes, think about if you want to move over to co-captain. If you do, talk to @broncobuddee! I don't know if I'm sending cards this year, I would like to but time is flying by.

@19shmoo69 HAHAHAHA!

@megnolia82 Oh no! I'm glad you are feeling better now. Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I finally took a video of the belt slipping on my walking pad and sent it to customer service. They replied that they were going to send me a new walking pad, so I'm happy. It will take 7 days to get here. Other than that, still have vertigo and still have a mild to moderate headache. I have had this headache for about a month off and on, mostly on. Tonight is a favorite recipe, taco salad. I'm looking forward to it!

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 4,361 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @trooworld what brand and model walking pad do you have? Hubby and I are looking to get one.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 50 of 52

PW: 137.7
    CW: 134.8

Ooops I feel out of my goal range by a tad. My checkup went well, he said a side effect of one of my medications is Anemia, so we tested for that, and I don't have it.

I hope everybody is enjoying the holidays, I have enough wiggle room I might eat 2 pieces of PIE at Christmas if my weight stays down that week. I've been eating out of range on several days last week so I thought I would gain weight this week. I am enjoying chocolate every night for advent. I don't think my friend made fruit cake this year, I'm sad about that it was a real treat.

I'm going to wrap up a couple of gifts today and take good care of myself. Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 199.6
    CW 199.5
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @megnolia82 I hope you're seeing that one real soon! I'm excited for you, what a great gift to yourself plus when the New Year comes you can look back at this one as getting into Onederland.

@trooworld Smashbox's primer is a good one! Woot woot so happy you're getting a new walking pad, that's wonderful! Oh no I don't know how you stay so nice and positive with constant headaches. Enjoy the taco salad I love having that for dinner!

@FushiaKat You're amazing great job staying even slightly UNDER your range! You're making the rest of us look bad, LOL! I'm teasing I hope I get back as good as you soon. Are you done shopping?

Hi team! Not feeling too good, I see the surgeon tomorrow and honestly if he offers to operate on my upper back I'm saying yes. I just went to get my dinner out of the air fryer and it “warmed up” for 20 minutes because I never put my food in, grrr. I did seed inventory earlier and made cookie dough that I”ll be cooking in a couple hours, other than that just wrapping presents. I have some work to get done too, trying to stay on top of things. There was a snag about the big donation the charity gets for bikes and scooters for Let It Snow (this Saturday) but things are falling into place thank goodness. Tomorrow's my post-op appt then a phone appt (going to ask to see an allergist) then I have my micro current class at the holistic pain group tomorrow night. Have a great Wednesday!

Steps: My nerve pain has been really bad, I'm still walking but not up for doing it as exercise right now which is frustrating.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @daria0919 I have the UREVO Strol 1E 2-in-1 under desk treadmill (that's what it says on the bottom of the walking pad). Here's the listing on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/UREVO-Folding-Treadmill-Including-Treadmills/dp/B0C5R2P12S/ I had a problem with the belt slipping which is why I had to contact customer service. They were excellent and wanted to fix the problem by sending a new walking pad. I'm sure I'll be happy with it once I get the new one set up, I like the features and the size. Let me know if you have any questions!

@FushiaKat You are still doing great! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

@Katmary71 Oh that's good to hear. I have to get a headshot taken for work today so I will wear makeup and use that. They aren't going to ship the walking pad out until Dec 24th so it will be a bit before I get it but I am happy! Yeah I don't know how I stay so nice and positive with these headaches either lol. The taco salad was delicious! In today's spot on the Advent calendar, I got a Peter Thomas Roth Firm Peeling Gel. Cool. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, I hope all goes well with the surgeon and he can come up with a solution. Sounds like another busy day, good luck!

Hi all. I wasn't too sleepy at work yesterday, which is good because I should be working lol. The day before, I was falling asleep at my desk. :( I've been sleeping better lately, I don't know why. I think my hormones are finally settling down. I made an appt with the weight loss doctor at my primary's clinic. I've seen him before but I wanted to see what my options are, I'm really sick of being on this hamster wheel of weight loss. Have an amazing day!

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 4,023 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hi Slimpossibles,

Sorry I missed posting my weigh in. I have been so busy and going through stress and previous sickness. I will try to be more active in the group. I did join the kik chat, hope to connect more with you all.

Littlebabekitty
    Sunday weigh in
    PW:196
    CW:197
    SW:203

I didnt lose any and gained back 1 lb. Not surprised as I was over calories for the week and I didnt stick to diet completely

Noticed many non scale victories. I have been walking a lot this week and noticed an improvement in my walking. No longer run out of breath as much, can walk for longer distances and no more edema on my legs.

I found this walking app that gives giftcards so its motivating me to walk more. (Sorry if its not okay to share)

http://cashwalk.us/i/Z7UD2

Use Referral code: Z7UD2

Hope you all have a great day today!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Wow! Ive been away for a couple days and there's a lot of new posts. I hope all is well. I've been helping my father-in-law then my mom. I've stayed mindful of my eating but have been slacking on my exercise. Today, my body felt a little tight during my workout.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Oh fun tell me what you think of the peeling gel, I've used other brands and it's pretty amazing how much comes off the face with those. Thanks! I'm glad sleep is improving. I'd be curious how your appointment goes, I hope you get some good options.

@littlebabykitty Those are great NSVs, congratulations!

@Veta2018 Your family is lucky to have you, great to see you check in! Sounds like you needed the stretching. With winter I wake up and I'm super stiff and tight, I wish my stretching lasted long than it does.

Hi team! Things went well with the surgeon, I'm healing well. Had my lab results and everything's basically the same which is good, just need to have female tests done. My fire alarms were going off earlier so my brother may be by soon, I have my class pretty soon so I need to eat and get ready. Have a wonderful Thursday friends!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Littlebabekitty I hope you feel better soon! <3 Those are great NSVs. I encourage you to keep track of those NSVs either in a journal or if you are a digital person, even in your notes app on your phone. It's good to look back at those when you feel like you aren't making progress! Thanks for the link to the walking app. In the future, I may join it.

@Veta2018 Hi! I hope all is going well with your FIL and mom now.

@Katmary71 I will probably use the peeling gel on Friday night. Sounds like a good night for beauty lol. Yeah, it's nice that my sleep is improving. If my watch is to be believed, I got good or excellent sleep 5 days in a row! I may have missed it, but have you thought about taking over for @broncobuddee? You can PM if you want. I'm glad all went well with the surgeon.

Hi all. I had my last pre-diabetes webinar last night: it was a year-long webinar series that I learned a lot from but it was challenging because I very much disliked the webinar presenter the whole time. I felt like she was scolding those of us that weren't making progress. Every class. And I was one of those people. So, I can't say that it was fun. I'm glad it is over. I had my headshot taken yesterday at work. It came out well but I couldn't help belittling myself about how fat I looked. I know that's bad.

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 7,008 out of 6,000 steps per day

• Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Great idea on keeping track of NSVs! Wow five days in a row of good sleep is awesome, wtg! Shoot I'm sorry you're catching yourself being critical, I happen to think you're beautiful, I wish you could see yourself through our eyes. I answered BroncoBuddee and am waiting for a response but sent you a message too. Honestly I'm sorry your instructor is acting like that as it's discouraging and wrong. My blood sugar didn't change much the first 50lbs I lost and I was working out and eating low carb so it can take time for some people. There's a lot of people who cut full sugar soda or start walking and get big results but I've never been able to make small changes to get big improvements with my body. Just getting better sleep will help your body respond better to stress and help keep inflammation down so be proud of yourself there as you ARE doing the right things and that's another step in the right direction. I know that mindset from the diabetes groups where everything needs to be extreme and perfect (hardcore keto) which is why I'm no longer active in them.

Hi friends, quiet around here I hope everyone is doing well! I started more winter seeds at the greenhouse this morning, it's going to take awhile to get used to the new trays. I learned the CRPS can cause rebound pain with increased circulation which has been the case with me often unfortunately but had a micro current treatment last night in class and it's helped a lot, trying not to overdo it and enjoy feeling better. I have dinner in the oven (chicken, Brussel sprouts, and sweet potatoes. Did some chair cardio and my PT stuff. Walking's been tough with my feet but hopefully I'll be able to start again soon. Have a great Friday!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    Hi!
    Today was a good day! I did a 55 minute cardio/strength workout and it felt good. Then ordered in for dinner. I didn't make great choices but only ate half the Italian beef sandwich and then sampled the fried breaded mushroom, mozzarella sticks and fries. So I was mindful about quantity not quality of food. Actually, I think all the bread and cheese upset my stomach a little bit.
    My FiL is ok. He's just getting older.(80 something) We went to his house to visit and he had a "for sale by owner" sign in his front yard. We're going to have to check on him more. My mom is good too. She's recently widowed so I helped her with thank you cards and some other papers.
    I also made plans with my sister to celebrate Christmas at her house, with her family, in Chicago. She has 3 young kids which will make the holidays enjoyable. So, we'll be driving 2 hours to the city.

@Katmary71 - It's good to hear you're healing well. You put in the work and it's paid off.

@trooworld - That webinar instructor sounds rude. It's discouraging that she made the experience unpleasant. You are a beautiful woman and you will get to the place that you will feel it too. Just stand up tall, put your shoulders back, and smile. You've got this.

@Katmary71 and @trooworld - Oh! That sounds like fun. What brand peeling gels are you using? I'm curious how you like them too? I have a variety of face masks and peels. I was saving them for a girls night. I have nothing planned for Friday night, I think I'll make it a beauty night too....Hehehe. 🤗

• Veta2018
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 155 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 153 lbs.

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - just wondering if anyone here is avoiding bread products. Since my c diff I’ve had a suspicion that I can no longer handle it.

If you’re celiac or gluten sensitive I would be really interested to chat! Let me know and we can connect through messages if that’s ok with you.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Dang, another night of good sleep! I can't believe it, don't get me wrong, I'm happy but surprised lol. Thank you, you are very sweet. You know how it is though. Yeah, that was wrong and discouraging of the instructor. I'm glad it's over now lol. I had a year of it. You know, ironically, I don't drink any sugary sodas. I drink water and diet sodas. But I do need to put that walking pad to good use! Thank you. I'm glad the microcurrent treatment helped you. Your dinner sounds healthy. Have a great day!

@Veta2018 Yay for a good day and being mindful about the takeout. The webinar instructor is rude! Yeah, I was so looking forward to that webinar series but I just dreaded it and am glad it's over now. Thank you, I appreciate it! <3 The peeling gel is from my Macy's 25 Days of Beauty Advent Calendar, it is the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Exfoliating Peeling Gel that you see below. I can't wait to try it! Yes, make tonight a beauty night, why not? LOL Have you ever used the Borghese Advanced Fango Active Purifying Mud Mask? I've used it for years and love it. It's a bit expensive but it's worth it: https://www.amazon.com/Borghese-Advanced-Fango-Active-Face/dp/B08XY82146/ CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!!

Hi all. My walking pad got delivered yesterday and I rushed home to get it in the condo. My neighbor stood by smoking a cigarette watching while I struggled to pull it in the house lol. I got it in, no thanks to him!!! :D I will set it up this weekend. I hope to copy @Veta2018 and have a beauty night tonight. Today's Advent calendar item was a sample of Bumble and Bumble's BB Curl Moisturizing Shampoo and 3-in-1 Conditioner which I will try shortly. I was hoping for a hair product! :)

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 5,169 out of 6,000 steps per day

j58536av6aar.png
This discussion has been closed.