aneedlecraft
    Thursday check-in
    PW: 317
    CW: 315

Fantastic loss!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I will admit I did have chocolate yesterday again but this time I measured and had one serving. Still it’s not something I want to get into regularly. I got to get the chocolate out of my apartment.
    @lindamtuck2018 Even so, I think your actions yesterday are a good example of the adjustments of maintenance. I know for myself, chocolate is never going to leave my life completely. Although I can push these things out of my days when in it is "diet on", how do I balance such things for the rest of my life? These are the questions that worry me for maintenance. Thanks for sharing your last two days with us.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Steps: 6,869
    Rings:✔️
    Daily walk:✔️

I got more walking done than I expected. I would do a walk and when I finished I set a timer for 30 minutes then do a walk again. I did this until I couldn’t take the pain anymore. Problem with this is the pain back/leg is really bad today. I will take it easy and I will be back at it tomorrow.

Yesterday, was a stressful day. As most of you know I am taking ozempic for my diabetes. It has helped me lose weight and get to goal. For me, the ozempic dulls the food noise in my head. Now for the stress, I can’t get my prescription refilled as no one has ozempic available. I phone 20+ drugstore yesterday afternoon. I have enough left for one injection. I am absolutely terrified that I will gain my weight back. Also, I don’t want to experience the strong food noise again. Not having that constant noise has been good for my mental health. I know for the most part, I have made some good changes to my diet. I eat more fruit and my snacks are healthier choices. I am praying I can continue these new habits without the ozempic as they don’t expect the shortage to be over until the spring.

Sorry for the rant.

• RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I keep running across information of how important core strength is to functional movements. I know this but it is easier to ignore it than do. So I am getting my mindset changed and going for it. There! Now I have put it out there. Now I just need to follow through. :smile:

@Learningmoments I, too, am working on adding tiny bits of core work to my daily life (something I have never enjoyed so it's baby steps!) It is getting easier in some ways. Just wanted to cheer for you as you get started (even if you are still just contemplating...i.e., working on that mindset) Your post made me smile because (as you probably are well aware) I use this forum in the same way - "If I put it out there...."

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Thursday check-in
    PW: 317
    CW: 315

Great job!!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw: 232.2
    Cw:230.6

Was holding off on this weigh in bc of some less than ideal food choices due to stress, but I'm not disappointed. Now, to hop back into the effort and take the stressors as they come! Happy holidays Downsizers!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,838 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 You must have missed my post for steps. Sorry, I only posted steps once. We are very glad you are feeling better. Thank you for all your hard work.

Learningmoments Posts: 668 Member
    December 16 edited December 16
    Steps

Goal: 5,000 I lowered my goal a couple of weeks ago. I was struggling to get 5K.
    12/10 - 2126
    12/11 - 6154
    12/12 - 5162
    12/13 -5786
    12/14 -3701
    12/15 -2664
    12/16 -1256
    Total: 26849

Sorry I didn't realize you changed your step goal ... I changed the results
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw: 232.2
    Cw:230.6

Was holding off on this weigh in bc of some less than ideal food choices due to stress, but I'm not disappointed. Now, to hop back into the effort and take the stressors as they come! Happy holidays Downsizers!

Awesome!!
  • aactuallyaash
    edited December 2023
    Options
    What are some tools you use to help you along with your journey? ie. kitchen scales, gyms, etc.

I use MFP primarily to keep my food logged and build my awareness as to what I sustain myself with. I did try Noom for about 9 months. That was helpful to me because it gives you information as opppsed to "you just need a calorie deficit" for weight loss. That then led me (as well as many other factors) to therapy. This has had the most profound effect for obvious reasons. I'm able to begin my sorting process, which in turn, unravels many of my reasons for over consumption. I recommend speaking with a therapist for everyone, even if it's once a month. Getting the POV from a professional and someone other than friends and family for a non enabling source works wonders. And given our new normal of remote meetings, this helps even the most introverted <3
  • aactuallyaash
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 444
    CW - 440.4

Sticking with the "4" theme. Down 3.6 lbs and knocking on the door of a 190 total loss. What a wild ride this year. Got started with yall in April and now at the years end I am almost 200 lbs lighter. I love yall and appreciate the huge part you've played in saving my life. Lots more work to do in the coming year, but I am ready and know yall got my back.

Much love!

Yas!!! 👏🏾 👏🏾
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 444
    CW - 440.4

Sticking with the "4" theme. Down 3.6 lbs and knocking on the door of a 190 total loss. What a wild ride this year. Got started with yall in April and now at the years end I am almost 200 lbs lighter. I love yall and appreciate the huge part you've played in saving my life. Lots more work to do in the coming year, but I am ready and know yall got my back.

Much love!

Nice loss! You have made some amazing progress this year!! My hats off to you! Keep going strong!
  • itladyee
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

Eight days straight of weight training sounds like it is not good for you. Take it down to like 3 days a week, hour at the most. I know, I tried to run/walk while on my walks, but it was too jarring on my knees and made me feel like I didn’t want to move or walk for days.
    We will always have excuses to put off doing what needs doing, the key is to get discipline and preparation. I have things happen all throughout my day that throw my schedule off. I have to have the flexibility to adjust on the fly and deal with it. If I do fail, then that is ok. Thee is always the next minute, or hour, or day. You get what I’m saying?

I just needed to get the ball bouncing as I had not being doing anything consistent in quite some time and I kept putting the weights on the back burner.

My weight training is very light as I need to build the strength again. My goal is 6 days and I do a alternate routine: Day 1 - Arm, Legs, 10 min bike and 20 min treadmill. Day 2 - Shoulders, back and chest, 30 minutes treadmill. I do 2 exercises for bicep, tripcep, and then curls, extensions and lunges for my legs. And 2 exercises for shoulders, back and chest. Total weight lifting session is no more than 25 minutes.

I'm working on the discipline factor, that's why I do it first thing in the morning!!!
  • itladyee
    Options
    Step Goal 8,500
    12/17 ~ 2,675 - My day of rest after exercising (with weights) 8 days straight!!!
    12/18 ~ 8,417 - Should have looked before I went to bed!!
    12/19 ~ 6,903
    12/20 ~ 6,535
    12/21
    12/22
    21/23
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 You must have missed my post for steps. Sorry, I only posted steps once. We are very glad you are feeling better. Thank you for all your hard work.

Learningmoments Posts: 668 Member
    December 16 edited December 16
    Steps

Goal: 5,000 I lowered my goal a couple of weeks ago. I was struggling to get 5K.
    12/10 - 2126
    12/11 - 6154
    12/12 - 5162
    12/13 -5786
    12/14 -3701
    12/15 -2664
    12/16 -1256
    Total: 26849

Sorry I didn't realize you changed your step goal ... I changed the results

No problem. We appreciate you!

@RoblinB I appreciate your support.
    @NachDeezy We appreciate the joy you bring to this group and the inspiration and support you give us. Keep up the great work you are doing. We are always cheering you forward.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Steps

Goal: 6,000
    12/17 - 6,192
    12/18 - 8,990
    12/19 - 5,284
    12/20 - 7,191
    12/21 -
    12/22 -
    12/23 -
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    adianeschu wrote: »
    12/10-7589Someone was asking about if I was still having health problems. I am, I go to a nerologist on Dec 27, Maybe she can figure out why I'm still having headaches and pressure on my cranial. Thanks for asking.
    @adianeschu Hi! That was me! :) I am admiring how many steps you are managing even when you are not feeling as well as you could be. I am glad your appointment is soon and hopefully an effective treatment plan follows!
    I was telling my Dr that I could sit all day long! She said NO your not going to do that! You need to push thru the headache pain. So I walk when I can, it may take me all day but I try to get at least my 7,000steps in. She said that walking will take my mind away from the pain. Once I get going I do feel better. I sit and rest then walk. I get tired real easy. That's about all I get done in a day.
    What I am not ok with is all the chocolate I ate. Days like yesterday make me realize how disordered my eating still is. I was feeling depressed by the end of last week because of not being able to eat. Now that my stomach is happy, I am struggling with the urge to binge. I will have to be vigilant about this. I even fought with myself to log yesterday. I figured why not just take a week off from logging. Nope, the only two days I promised myself I did not have to log my food is Christmas Eve and day. Anyways, let’s say I met my calorie goal yesterday and then some. I am off for my injections shortly. I will get my walking done when I get home. My rings will be closed and I will meet my step goal.
    @lindamtuck2018 Way to take it on, Linda! Like you, I had a couple of days this week where I struggled very much to stay in control (And TOO much chocolate yesterday for me, too!!!). And like you are doing today, I dug in deep on the exercise front to get my focus back. Good job on kicking those old thoughts to the curb!!

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Steps: 6,869
    Rings:✔️
    Daily walk:✔️

I got more walking done than I expected. I would do a walk and when I finished I set a timer for 30 minutes then do a walk again. I did this until I couldn’t take the pain anymore. Problem with this is the pain back/leg is really bad today. I will take it easy and I will be back at it tomorrow.

Yesterday, was a stressful day. As most of you know I am taking ozempic for my diabetes. It has helped me lose weight and get to goal. For me, the ozempic dulls the food noise in my head. Now for the stress, I can’t get my prescription refilled as no one has ozempic available. I phone 20+ drugstore yesterday afternoon. I have enough left for one injection. I am absolutely terrified that I will gain my weight back. Also, I don’t want to experience the strong food noise again. Not having that constant noise has been good for my mental health. I know for the most part, I have made some good changes to my diet. I eat more fruit and my snacks are healthier choices. I am praying I can continue these new habits without the ozempic as they don’t expect the shortage to be over until the spring.

Sorry for the rant.

Linda, you are strong! You lost most of that weight before you started the ozempic! You will be fine, just remember how you copied before it xx
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weight in

Start weight 276lb August 2021

Pw 177.5lb
    Cw 176 lb

I've done it. 100lb lost. I'll be honest and tell you I've cheated to get to goal this week🤣🤣
    I was really naughty and have eaten virtually nothing for 2 days, just too get to goal!
    Thank you everyone for your support, especially Linda! Couldn't have got there without you.
    I'm actually lighter than i want to be ... my maintenance is going to be around 185lb so I'm really looking forward to having a few drinks (no alcohol for the last 3 months) and eating a bit more before starting maintenance in January xx
This discussion has been closed.