Fabulous February!

Options
magic71755
magic71755 Posts: 3,770 Member
edited February 1 in Social Groups
ic4b2thfht9i.png
It's Fabulous February, where we (mainly ME) get to right the wrongs that somehow happened in January...92zug6wzypy6.png

Good luck everyone...we get an extra day this year to FIX FEBRUARY!

Replies

• magic71755
    edited February 1
    Options
    Good Morning...I still have not righted this ship since I was sick...but I am working on it.

Goals for this month...

strength exercises using an exercise chair at home
    improving sleep hygiene
    sauna time at the gym
    more fresh foods and less processed...it seems I go in cycles...do great and then poof, I get lazy. As you can see by my menu below, I am somewhat lazy... more UNORGANIZED than lazy.

today
    black coffee
    just egg, spinach, vegan cheese
    bean burrito
    sandwich with tofurky slices
    cucumber slices
    bell pepper slices
    bare apple chips
    graham cracker (without honey) with 1T PB.

Lights out.

Aug 8: 154.6
    Sept 1: 152.4
    Oct 1: 150.2
    Nov 1: 150.0
    DEC 1: 148.8

Jan 1: 143.6
    Feb 1: 147

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting February started, Nanc. I had the day "off" although I did some work throughout the day. Got laundry done and ran some errands, did a little cleaning up including the garage. Need to be in the office all weekend because my boss is leaving for vacation and we need to finish some things before he takes off.

Plan for the next while is smoothies for breakfast, salad for lunch, an entree from the WFPB grab and go for dinner. I am so grateful for this place! I don't have time to cook for myself these days and it is so convenient. Plus fruit for snacks.

Off for a nap now. I have been going and going today. A friend got me the book by Matthew Perry of Friends, and I want to start reading that. I always liked him and was sad when he died.
  • Mihani
    Options
    It was a busy stressful week! I am going to the office today and tomorrow. Just taking my time over coffee before heading out this morning. Feeling a little stuffy and just ordered an air purifier for my bedroom hoping that will help with the morning stuffiness. I've managed to hit the treadmill a couple mornings this week and will get back to every morning next week.

Plan for today...
    B - smoothie (power greens, plant protein powder, frozen berries, chia/flax, cinnamon, water)
    L - broccoli salad, mushroom soup
    D - black eyed peas with brown rice
    S - apple

I am making great progress on the house. The only major thing left is my office which is going to be a project for next weekend. There is so much to sort and sift through up there. Also need to clean out the front closet which is jammed full of household supplies.

• magic71755
    Options
    How ya feeling, Mihani? Hope the stuffy did not turn into anything serious.

Today...

coffee
    oats with blueberries, flax, almond milk
    Squeezed Juice
    bean burrito on Ezekiel Tortilla
    Squeezed Juice
    Homemade Spring Rolls
    Squeezed Juice

I absolutely love my humidifier...still using it from when I was sick. You know, my voice is now JUST starting to be normal. -sigh-

Hope everyone is doing well! Do make it deeeeeeeeelicious!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Same menu as yesterday...up early...going to "sauna" before work. Yesterday, I went early and felt great and had energy for the day. So, I am hoping I get the same results today on a work day.

Make it deeeeeeeeeeeelicious won't you.
  • magic71755
    Options
    No sauna today...slept, instead.

Finally sticking to something and the scale is moving in the right direction!

coffee with Nutpod
    oats, blueberries, almond milk, banana
    squeezed juice
    Ezekiel burrito, homemade
    squeezed juice
    deconstructed Spring Roll Salad with HCH's peanut dressing
    squeezed juice

Make today deeeeeeeeeeeeelcious, if nothing else! Later, mates.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Look what I received in the mail from Donna...a wonderful kitty tea pot from Japan! It goes with the bowls and plates she gave me when she and Brooks came out for a visit in the summer. It has an infuser so it is perfect for my loose leaf green tea.

1dht1vei5on5.jpg

I've gotten into making some baskets using materials I already have at home. This first one I made for my mom's birthday using some hand dyed silk.

8b8mh7psb7xf.jpg

I'm going to try using some thicker rope and see how I do with a larger item, like a laundry basket.

Other than that, same old around here. Too much into the snacks and not the best time of year for feeling my best, but spring is right around the corner!
  • magic71755
    edited February 8
    Options
    @Carla_wfpb Cute teapot...love the basket. YOU have talent, girl!

menu is pretty much the same...

big salad, oatmeal, bean burrito and Squeezed juices. They had a 30% off yesterday, so I stocked up...pushed the delivery date to March 4th...so that's great. All cold pressed. Good deal and right now, I have zero time to make my own.

Have a great day everyone. And do make it deeeeeeeeeeelicous!

RIP in peace Toby Keith. <3 You will be so missed. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc
  • magic71755
    Options
    0gnu0cxpcf8b.png

Menu the same...oats and almond milk and blueberries, bean burrito, Spring Summer Roll salad, Squeezed juices, banana for treat.

2/1/24 147
    2/9/24 1421rsujrwsb65g.png
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, Nanc!

more baskets in the works

My heel is still not cooperating.

that is all :)
  • magic71755
    edited February 10
    Options
    up in the middle of the night...my great sleeping days are over for awhile at least...up every day at two...lovely.

did great food wise for almost five full days...last night celebrated the weekend with quite a bit of Skinny Pop. Man, it was good. Not enough to make me sick, but a lot.

I am going to continue on my ways with Squeezed. Really trying to get loads of spinach and refried beans in me this weekend. Also, my Spring roll salad (herb lettuce, carrots, cukes, bell peppers, mint, Thai basil, cilantro, angel hair vermicelli, high carb hannah peanut sauce). It's great because you can really water it down and still get loads of flavor.

The spinach will be in my Tofu Scramble. My add-ins will be spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, bell peppers and garnish with scallions. Using the recipe from https://www.veganblueberry.com/

Refried beans using Ezekiel Tortilla...I used to use them all the time ...saw them at Trader Joe's and decided to give them a try again. Very substantial and chewy.

Keeping my menu simple...and lots of repetition. Takes the guesswork out...frees up my mind to get my home in shape, and me to the gym and Lulu outside. Weather is super right now.

I am making my meals deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicous!

• Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, been crazed all week trying to get stuff done so my boss could take off on vacation. Lots to do this weekend around the house and with work that I brought home. Have laundry going and then I'm going to work on my garage.

Meeting a friend for lunch today and we're checking out a new warehouse store after. My brother gifted a membership to me.

Staying the course with the good food from the grab and go. This week I decided to rely exclusively on that plus apples and lettuce. With the more substantial salads from the grab and go, I add some to a bed of lettuce and it makes a super tasty and filling lunch. Managed to drop a couple pounds this week so that's encouraging. Just have to keep it up!

All your food sounds yummy, Nanc. What's in your spring roll salad?

Carla, cute teapot and love the basket!
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Mmm, that Spring Roll Salad sounds great, Nanc. Sounds like you're on a roll!

Have fun lunching and shopping, Mihani! I'm glad you got your boss out the door and now have a week or more with fewer interruptions.

I'm back to my sleeping pattern where I wake up between 2:30 and 3:30am every night and then can't get back to sleep for hours. I can either ruminate and worry over things I have no control over (can't shut my mind down) or I can read. I end up reading until morning, or more often, until about an hour before it's time to get up. The book series I'm reading now is actually perfect for this purpose. It is good enough that I can be entertained, but not so good that I can't put it down.

Our Plantage meal tonight is Dahl with some spiced cooked greens and flat bread. I'm looking forward to trying it. The variety on this plan is fantastic. I think we've only had 1 repeat meal after all of this time. Yesterday we had KFC style tofu with breading. Oh my goodness. I didn't realize the Colonel gave away his secret recipe!

Oh and I watched a youtube video on using mung beans to make an at-home Just Egg type substance. I have yet to try it, but I will keep you posted, especially if it is good.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    oops also meant to post this pic of Radar. Usually right by Joe's side, so this is a rare shot that doesn't include Joe's legs in the photo!

e6qylrn5isuc.png
  • magic71755
    edited February 11
    Options
    Nice pic of Radar, Carla.

Mihani, I included the ingredients in my summer roll salad in the post, above.

Coffee

tofu scramble...

refried beans in an Ezekiel tortilla made in the panini press, a small amount of Chao creamy shreds and 505 hatch

summer roll salad

strawberries

deeeeeeeeeeelicious.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Haha... well I guess I'm really paying attention, Nanc!

Radar has such a sweet little face!!!

I have a bunch to do today and my brother is coming to help with some of it.

Still eating good food from the grab and go. Sure has made life more simple having that place. Last night I had a veggie medley with red rice that was delicious!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Man, I got a lot done today! At 7000 steps just from working around the house and garage.

Marilyn, notice your absence. Hope you are doing okay.

I am having a cocktail and then will eat dinner and I think an early bedtime to read for a bit and get to sleep early. I didn't get much work done this weekend staying busy with the house projects so I really need to put in some hours over the next few days before the boss gets back. It's my only chance to get caught up before tax season gets into full swing.
  • magic71755
    Options
    It's very hard to keep that 142...bouncing all over the place, but I am definitely in the 140s. But seriously, this is a battle...sheesh! p9jv3ikrms2e.png

today...coffee

tofu scramble
    spring rolls (special because my day off...salad on my work days)
    bean burrito
    apple, strawberries, banana for sweets

the end.

still deeeeeeeeelicous.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, busy stressful day, but home now. My stomach is a bit off today and not sure if I want to eat dinner. Might just have a Dr. McD soup. Nice and light. Early bedtime.

You're doing great, Nanc! I think our bodies go through adjustment periods after a loss (or even a gain) where it kind of wants to stay put for a bit. You are being wise to ride it out and stay the course.

• magic71755
    edited February 13
    Options
    Hope your tummy is better today, Mihani. I ended up with a cold for my weekend gift. NOT sick like before...this seems just to be a run of the mill cold, no sore throat or anything, thankfully.

Thanks for the bit of insight on my numbers battle, Mihani. It sure does get frustrating.

Work day (not sick enough to stay home)

Several Squeezed Juices and two meals and fruit.

meals will be burrito and Summer Roll Salad. Fruit for sweets.

living life deeeeeeeeeeeelicously.

ETA: Next Monday, I have blood tests for my big, cardiologist appointment. NO eating nor drinking 12 hours before. Test is at 6:30 am across town. I will be leaving here at 5:30am. So happy it is that early ... those are so tough to do. I must have my coffee! Addict that I am. Well, one to two cups a day addicted.