Sun 4/02 11149 steps
    Mon 5/02 9610 steps
    Tue6/02 8460 steps
    Wed 7/02 11336 steps
    Thu 8/02 14672 steps
    Fri 9/02 4392 steps
    Sat 10/02 20979 steps

Total steps: 80598 steps

It has mostly been a good week, my parents arrived on Friday and will stay with us for the week, so more big meals and I am on holidays (not moving as much) but I will try to keep and track and go for walks to hopefully make up for the extra calories eaten. Wish me luck 😊
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 228 Member
    lx5a2lvdemsf.jpeg

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,124 Member
    Steps

Sun-1,434
    Mon-6,830
    Tues-0
    Wed-8,690
    Thurs-10,876
    Fri-11,930
    Sat-7,249

Forgot my watch on Tues
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 599 Member
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 232.8
    CW (Current Weight): 230.6

Yay! Most nights I wasn't under my calories, but I did my best to count them so I feel like for now I'll still have a loss even if I count them and go a little over my budget because it's better thancnot countining and likely going several hundred to sometimes even a thousand over! Which is what I probably do when I don't count them!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,524 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kpukitqbemo1.png
    yw25hlbfubkt.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2e5mqxp4rtr0.png

By Pounds
    h5hub7guj5dm.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    4rumtw6dkzuv.png

By Pounds
    pz981lefgnxl.png
    6xqdgpjoepa1.png

Team Winners
    0gz3keurzc2q.png
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 232.8
    CW (Current Weight): 230.6

Yay! Most nights I wasn't under my calories, but I did my best to count them so I feel like for now I'll still have a loss even if I count them and go a little over my budget because it's better thancnot countining and likely going several hundred to sometimes even a thousand over! Which is what I probably do when I don't count them!
    You’re doing awesome @CassieGetsFit2013!! Keep up the GREAT EFFORT!!
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 1,026 Member
    ovmaz8ze737x.jpeg
  • sydditt
    @CassieGetsFit2013 That’s so awesome!! Keep tracking!
  • sydditt
    I highly recommend looking into mobility training. It's less yoga-esque flexibility work, incorporates some yoga moves, but doesn't have a flow focus to it.

Here's a good place to start:
    https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/a40059106/mobility-exercises/

Highly recommend keeping everything slow, and focus on your form. Doing these in front of a mirror would be useful.

Thank you! That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for!

• Losingweekly
    Losingweekly Posts: 14 Member
    Losingweekly
    Weigh in Day is Sunday

Starting Wt: 171.4
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 170.0
    Wt. Loss this week: .4
  • daria0919
    Losingweekly
    Weigh in Day is Sunday

Starting Wt: 171.4
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 170.0
    Wt. Loss this week: .4
    Any loss (or even maintaining) is a PLUS! Way to go @Losingweekly!
  • MPJDVM
    MPJDVM Posts: 7 Member
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 168.4
    Current weight: 167.4
    Wt loss this week: 1.0lb
    Highest weight: 171.4
    Goal weight: 120

Had a few days of less-than-ideal eating...but increasing my *awareness* of what I'm doing. Logging keeps me accountable.

Hopefully next week will show a little more budge in my buldge. ;)

- Melissa
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday - Feb 12
    Previous - 217.2
    Current - 217.8

Steps
    Sunday Feb 4th - 6849 - in case you didn't have them.

M - 3264
    T - 3318
    W - 3510
    T - 3414
    F - 4894
    S - 3127
    S - 3132

Total - 24659 steps
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    So I've been doing pretty well about eating within my calories during the week, but this past weekend absolutely proved how much difference a day or two of "bad" eating can make. The resulting bloat resulted in a nearly 7 lb difference on the scale between Friday morning and Monday morning, which was so dramatic that the app associated with my scale double checked that I was logged into the correct account.

Did I consume over 24,000 extra calories over the course of a few days? Absolutely not. This was bloat, through and through. Bloat from drinking alcohol, from eating salt and sugar, from muscle recovery... It already started to disappear, which I greatly appreciate. Even knowing where it came from, seeing a 2lb drop in a day was satisfying.
  • sydditt
    Hope you recover quickly! I had the same thing going on Monday. I think my body must be a little more used to bad behavior on the weekends, though, because I only gained 2. 😭

I’m trying so hard to be good this week. We’re going out of town to a tournament this weekend so I won’t get my normal exercise, and I’ll likely be eating and drinking things I can’t track precisely. Same next weekend.

Had a NSV, though. I was feeling pretty bad about my diet last night after the 2 lb gain, and I went into my closet and decided to try on a couple of (smaller) things to either make myself feel worse or try to motivate myself. (I’m not sure which! 😂) The clothes FIT! I ended up trying on every single dress, skirt, and pants that I own last night. A ton of spring clothes that I haven’t worn in a few years fit, but there were some summer dresses from 6-7 years ago that didn’t. I guess it’s good motivation to keep going.

I haven’t lost more than a couple pounds this month, but I took a bunch of measurements 4.5 weeks ago. This morning I took my measurements again, and I’ve lost a 1/2” on my hips and 1.5” on my waist!! Now, I just need to keep it off.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,432 Member

Working on steps post for last week and I am missing @Losingweekly and @daria0919 . Are you planning to participate this month?

Also, last chance for any of our newbies or longer term members to step into the challenge this week!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 610 Member
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 261.0
    CW: 259.5

Now that Mardi Gras is over I am back on track. Have a good day all.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 95 Member
    Laurabb99
    weight in moved from Monday to Wednesday.
    PW: 212.2 (I think)
    CW: 209.1

That virus last week was a doozy! By Friday, I was finally feeling well enough to get a walk in. Now I feel a little overwhelmed for feeling behind on work around the house and not keeping up with my kids' school work. So, I guess that means that I should focus more on walking and working out to help with mental stress.
  • daria0919
    Cannot remember if I submitted my steps Sunday.
    gg2ax82ig04i.jpeg
    2o956ysongbv.jpeg

• ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 307 Member
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday (sorry a day late)
    PW (Previous Weight): 191.6 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 192.4 lbs
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,432 Member
    ~ STEPS CHALLENGE RESULTS ~
    February Week 1

Team Statistics
    Total Steps: 430,100
    Participants: 8
    Average Steps per Person: 53,763 (6.72% lower than last week)

The Leaderboard

@andja87 - 110,010 total | 15,716 average Most Steps in One Day
    @Emilienewme - 80,598 total | 11,514 average
    @sydditt - 54,716 total | 7,817 average
    @ljdanny - 47,009 total | 6,716 average
    @daria0919 - 46,519 total | 6,646 average
    @BodyTalking - 43,707 total | 6,244 average
    @9Harvey - 28,376 total | 4,054 average Most Consistent
    @melaniedscott - 19,165 total | 2,738 average

Way to go walkers! That is a lot of steps. Bolded steppers made their goal. I don't know about anyone else but weather has warmed up a bit here, so it is easier to get out but the temperature has been fluctuating enough that it's...fun.

To those who are not currently part of the step team, it's super easy to join and a great way to be more involved with the group if you're looking for something else to hold you accountable. Joining merely involves posting your weekly steps (Sunday - Saturday) either day-by-day or a weekly total. Those posting the weekly totals are not eligible for the Most Steps or Most Consistent awards, but will still be included on the leaderboard.

What goal do we want to set for February?
  • sydditt
    edited February 16
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 179.8
    Feb 9: 178.8
    Feb 16: 177.5

GW (Feb) 175
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Fri - Thu)
    ❤️😕😕💚💙😕🖤 (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡😕💚💙💜😕 (Planned Exercise)
    ❤️🧡💛😕💙😕🖤 (Steps 5k+)

Lots of frowns for the past week. Next week will be better!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    sydditt wrote: »
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Fri - Thu)
    ❤️😕😕💚💙😕🖤 (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡😕💚💙💜😕 (Planned Exercise)
    ❤️🧡💛😕💙😕🖤 (Steps 5k+)

Lots of frowns for the past week. Next week will be better!

Whoa whoa whoa, you have so many hearts for the past week too! Meeting your goals most of the time is still better than hitting them none of the time. You did well, give yourself some grace, and stick with it - you got this!
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 228 Member
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 216.2
    CW (Current Weight): 215.6
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 498 Member
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 187.4 lbs
    Current weight 189.8 lbs

I really wasn't looking forward to weigh in this week. We had a week off for school holidays (I work in a school) and my parents stayed with us for the week, so I was less active, cooking more and eating more. I tried to stay within my calories but it's hard when there is so much food in the house. I recorded everything though. I managed to get in a few long walks but no run or classes. I will be better next week, it should be easier with a routine
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,124 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 187.6
  • daria0919
    edited February 17
    ‼️‼️WARNING‼️‼️ it’s not good. This is over 2 weeks since I was out of town last weigh in.

Weigh in day: Saturday

PW: 192.2
    CW: 197.4

SORRY TEAM! Yes, it’s a 5.2 pound gain over two weeks.

I was on vacation with girlfriends for over a week and complete calorie restriction went out the window. I kept track of all the food that I could remember eating, but I’m sure restaurant foods with all their fancy high calorie sauces and butter and such that I don’t know about added even more calories to my already overloaded calorie meals. I haven’t eaten out in so long that I decided I’d enjoy the fancy prepared stuff and not keep eating diet style foods while at restaurants.
    The restaurant dinners were amazing! When I got back home I couldn’t get back on track. I was so upset with my high weight when I got back and was so sugar addicted my eating habits did not return to normal this week either.

I’m still working on trying to get back to regular eating and drinking 8 glasses of water and trying to cut out sugar and chocolate from my life. UGH!! I literally gained half of the 10 pounds I lost over 5 months in two weeks! That’s crazy! There’s obesity on my mother’s side of the family and I have my mother’s genetic make up (sadly, not my dad’s whose family didn’t have weight issues). I feel like I’m fighting obesity constantly.

For the past two days I’ve made an effort to get back on track, but I still had salty blue corn chips and cashews, which add to water retention and a few mini chocolate donuts. I’ve not gotten back to drinking all my water yet either. The chips and cashews are gone now, and so are the mindless munchy type foods my husband bought while I was away.

Today starts a new weight week for me and hopefully my weight will now trend downward again.

Thanks for ‘listening’ team.
  • daria0919
    So I've been doing pretty well about eating within my calories during the week, but this past weekend absolutely proved how much difference a day or two of "bad" eating can make. The resulting bloat resulted in a nearly 7 lb difference on the scale between Friday morning and Monday morning, which was so dramatic that the app associated with my scale double checked that I was logged into the correct account.

Did I consume over 24,000 extra calories over the course of a few days? Absolutely not. This was bloat, through and through. Bloat from drinking alcohol, from eating salt and sugar, from muscle recovery... It already started to disappear, which I greatly appreciate. Even knowing where it came from, seeing a 2lb drop in a day was satisfying.
    @minstrelofsarcasm I’m just now finding time to catch up on posts after being away. I completely understand what happened to you. I can empathize, since I’ve just had a similar experience.
    Hopefully, since it’s been a few more days since Monday, your weight has settled back down. It is crazy as to how long it takes to lose and how quickly it can come back. Please let me know if things are going better for you now that another weekend is upon us. (hugs)
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 436 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 217.6
    Cw- 219.8
This discussion has been closed.