Options

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    edited February 15
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @SavageMrsMoose Thank you! :smile:

Since a lot of us are into a declutter mood lately, I figured I would share this video I came across. I thought it was nice, and I realised I already do a lot of these things.
    https://youtu.be/PO_Vw_j1OZY?si=pe8AeVANjuHe1NAB

@pupowl, ty for sharing the video. I do a lot of these things mentioned as well. On a side note, if you're on a declutter mission, please keep in mind the term minimalist has a broad meaning. What I mean by this, is that for some people having an esthetic look in their house is fine. For others, and I'm one of them, it means having less without being esthetic. It's where your level of comfort falls. Also, decluttering for me releases me from going into hoarding mode which I seen with my parents and my brothers are all that way as well. I realize how having too much stuff can affect all aspects of my life...my mental health, emotional health and my physical health.

I hope that those of us who are on the declutter boat will inspire someone to think of and start this journey as well for a healthier aspect in your life. Clutter does have a negative impact on all aspects of your life. This can't be emphasized enough. Anyone have any questions, please reach out to us who are already on this journey.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Good Day Shape Shifters!

Sharing an article on 'food fraud.' What are some of your thoughts on this article?

How to Find Real Honey, Coffee, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Parmesan Cheese, and Maple Syrup

https://experiencelife.lifetime.life/article/how-to-find-real-honey-coffee-extra-virgin-olive-oil-parmesan-cheese-and-maple-syrup/

I knew all of that but it still peaked my curiosity. Evoo is costly and many ppl don't want to spend the money on it until they find themselves in a medical situation or similar situations and then they kick themselves for not doing it sooner. I pay around 35 to 40 dollars for the evoo I get.

As far as honey, besides the anti-inflammatory benefits, local honey from your honey bees also help with allergy benefits. I always tell others to get with someone who is a honey bee keeper. You'll taste the difference literally.

@Armygirlarmyof1 Hi!
    Wow $35-40 for you EVOO! I started a business last year to make and sell giardiniera. My Mom's recipe used canola oil (likely for cost and storage, she's deceased so I can't confirm with her). I want to upgrade the recipe to EVOO and have been learning more about it. I was curious how much a real EVOO would cost me. ... eeek.

I typically buy honey that is from Poland or Ukraine. I will have to check out the local bee keepers by me. I'm excited to taste the difference.
  • Cyncia85
    edited February 15
    Options
    @Cyncia85 -- I've had trouble with counterfeit shoes and counterfeit protein powders off of Amazon.

Hi @Itadakimasu7 Ugh, those scammers. Are there any tips you can share with the group to help with our Amazon / online shopping so we can avoid counterfeit shoes and protein powders?
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Hey y'all...not feeling a 100% tonight so I'm headed to bed early to get a good night's sleep. Trying to make it through the rest of the week and then I have a 3-day weekend to rest up. Hope you all had a lovely day today!
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 - Wishing you genuine rest!
  • Cyncia85
    edited February 15
    Options
    Hi Fitness Friends!

I'm happy that I got a run in yesterday (Tuesday). I felt some pain in my right root. I decided to stop at 1 mile so I could spend more time on all the tightness and trauma stored in my body. I have class tonight - we have a group presentation to give. I got my allergy shot today during my lunch break. :neutral: So no workout today.
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow (Friday). I will be past this big presentation and I can spend some time in the dry sauna after my workout.

My niece turns 9 this weekend! I'm excited to celebrate her.
  • Cyncia85
    edited February 15
    Options
    I recently read an article on burnout from Harvard Business Review. If you're interested, check it out. Let us know you thoughts :smile:

The Restorative Power of Small Habits
    https://hbr.org/2024/02/the-restorative-power-of-small-habits

In the above article, there is a link to an article from Dec 2019 - Burnout Is About Your Workplace, Not Your People.
    I recommend reading that one as well.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    edited February 15
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Thanks for the nice comments on my news feed everyone.
    @jessicakrall8 Hope you feel better soon! How is it going with getting a new job position?

Still waiting to hear...crossing my fingers for sure! Dealing with tummy issues tonight so I'm headed to bed early...just trying to make it through tomorrow then I have a 3-day weekend to rest up. Thanks for your positive thoughts y'all!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85, let me know what you think about the local raw honey. It was a total game changer for me. And yes evoo is expensive. I buy a big thing of it and I always check to see where it's from. And with the evoo, if it's true to form, it has a taste you cannot beat. Yummy
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    bxbh2q63wocs.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My steps,sorry for the long list @jessicakrall8 & I hope you feel better soon x
    2/10 10,194
    2/11 10,152
    2/12 16,995
    2/13 4,767
    2/14 13,105
    2/15 22,211
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/14 9,920
    2/15 3,757
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy the long weekend.

A houseful of guests arrived last night. Woke up to no hot water. Not great timing. Hopefully it’s an easy fix…..

PW: 133.2
    CW: 132.2

Still trying for my new goal of 130 but I’m having an awfully hard time getting there. So close, but still haven’t quite gotten there. At least I’ve been within 5 pounds of my original goal of 135 since July so I think that’s a real success.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW Thanks for sharing the pictures! It looks very beautiful and that ship seems absolutely ginormous! Sorry to hear about your finger though, sounds very annoying.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Gm yall. Early pt appointment at the local pt. This is the 2nd one away from home. My insurance authorized 15 pt sessions. I think I earned a nap from this

@Armygirlarmyof1 Oh for sure nap - let your body rest and heal!
This discussion has been closed.