Options
    Feb.18: 4 miles walking
    Feb. 19: 6 miles walking
    TTD: 90.05
    exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    @Dean: I am so glad you are doing your best to follow doctor directions. It will pay off in the long run. I cannot say how many times I tried to rush it. It took longer to heal. You are close to the finish line now.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,313 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

CONGRATS to @LEANZ on making GOAL!!! :star:

Glad you guys are enjoying the photos! You're the first to see them. I haven't even posted them on Facebook yet. :lol: I'm a little behind there.

@DEAN - I'm super glad you've been pain-free! That's what will make it all worthwhile. It'll will get a little sore once you are able to begin putting weight on it again, but that'll will be nothing compared to before your surgery. It for sure isn't easy for us folks that need our movement and exercise or our sanity!! :) And yes, the calf muscle atrophy is crazy! It took quite some time before mine were anywhere close to back to the same size! :lol: But hang in there, you've got this! I hope these next three weeks fly by for you. I maybe missed you saying if you have, but have you been out of the house with your knee scooter yet? I suppose you have because I think I remember you saying you had a follow-up appointment with the doc earlier this month. Man, I tell you....that first time for me getting out in the fresh air and sunshine was really emotional. I think it was the first time my wife saw how really important that is and how much that means to me. I was smiling but had tears streaming down my face. Do you know yet what the PT plan is yet? Mine was completely severed so after my no-weight-bearing period, I had to do two weeks each of 25% weight bearing, then 50%, 75%, and carefully transition back to 100%. When my wife had hers done to grind down the heel spur, it was a much shorter timeline. Between what was torn from her heel and what they cleaned up and removed, she still had about 10% of the original tendon attachment. Then to reattach what was loose, they did something like drilled three holes in the heel and cemented the loose ends into them. They also did a little reinforcement of the tendon just above the heel. But they had her at zero-weight-bearing for less time...I think 4-5 weeks and then they let her go straight to 100% as much as she could tolerate it, which wasn't very much. It took a few weeks before it she realized that she was able to stand & walk on it without any discomfort. But now she's golden! It never hurts at all. Her other foot which also has a smaller heel spur...that will need to get done either later this year or next.

Dave

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    2/20
    18.12 miles
    337.53 miles MTD
  • clepant
    edited February 27
    Options
    @Dean: Keeping you in prayer to continue to heal and manage to get through, what I am sure is a challenging work schedule.

Feb. 20: 6.25 miles walking
    TTD: 96.3 miles

exercise.png

It was a nice day, so Brinkley and I headed out to Potter’s Park (a track of land bought in memory of a local doctor to keep protected for hiking and fishing). It was way too sloppy for doing trails, but it was a nice quiet walk. My mail lady caught us on the road out and was shocked that we hike all the way there from my home. It’s hard to burn off energy of a young lab. Until I get Viscose injections, I can’t run on the left knee. I am finally able to do some distance without major swelling. And my eye is almost back to normal. Still putting some antibiotic ointment on it and warm compresses. My vision is still blurred, but the doctor thinks that it is due to inflammation. He will recheck it in 3 1/2 weeks. Everything heading in the right direction.

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,912 Member
    Options
    A bluebird day here in Florida. Went for a lovely run this morning. I'm at 41/50.
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    2/21
    14.25 miles
    351.78 miles MTD
  • clepant
    Options
    Feb. 21: 6.5 miles walking
    TTD: 102.8 miles
    exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Dave

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,881 Member
    Options
    Goal 375 miles
    2/05 26.50 miles
    2/06 27.25 mile
    2/07 28 miles

Total 81.75 miles

98.75 miles + 81.75 miles 180.50 MTD

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited February 22
    Options
    Goal 375 miles

2/8 23 miles
    2/9 26.25 miles
    2/10 27.75 miles
    2/11 27.50 miles
    2/12 23.50 miles
    2/13 27.50 miles
    2/14 26 miles
    2/15 28 miles
    2/16 24.25 miles
    2/17 2.25 miles
    2/18 7.75 miles
    2/19 2.75 miles
    2/20 27.75 miles
    2/21 25 miles

Total miles 299.25

180.50 miles + 299.25 miles 479.75 MTD

Sorry I’m just getting my miles logged here. Crazy busy month, just spent a few days with my son and daughter ❤️👏. Our favorite thing is hiking 💃

ef67nbcltb8k.jpeg
    fnxnok5zdemh.jpeg
    xafajpdqd4u4.jpeg
    gd6rg4gexycj.jpeg
    m3r7mx0m4qh7.jpeg
    50ue7ld7ptjh.jpeg
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    2/22
    16.75 miles
    368.53 miles MTD
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,912 Member
    Options
    Yoga and then a walk today. Life is good. I'm at 44/50.
  • clepant
    edited February 23
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie: Nice Photos! Where were they taken?
    Feb. 22:m4.65 miles We squeezed some walking in between all the rain. Lots of indoor training for my pup.
    TTD: 107.45 miles
    exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,199 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie - Love the photos! Thanks for posting them.

@Clepant - I can't believe that eye is still swollen! That's taking a lot longer to resolve than I would have expected. I can't imagine having blurred vision for that long. I really hope it gets better soon.

12 more days to my next appointment. The last four have been murder. I'm really grateful for knee scooters and my iWalk 3.0. I've been able to cook for the kids when the wife was gone and do surgery when at work.

zdl4r3uskjes.jpeg
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    2/23
    18.02 miles
    386.55 miles MTD
  • darkrider42
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

I forgot to mention that @LOVEMYALEX hit her GOAL yesterday!! And @GRANDMAJACKIE joins her in the GOAL ZONE today!! :star: Congrats to both of you!!!

@DEAN - That's the same crutch I had! It took a little getting used to, but eventually I got comfortable getting around on it. I only wiped out on the sidewalk once after I thought I knew what I was doing and started moving too fast. :lol:

Have a great weekend everybody! The month is winding down though so get your miles in while you can! We're looking at some more unseasonably warm temps here in Minnesota early next week. Like 60*F on Tuesday. That will really feel nice! :sunglasses:

Dave
This discussion has been closed.