WeightNoMore Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited March 3
    Options
    @mightybunky & @minstrelofsarcasm oh those forgiving clothes 🤦‍♀️ We can do this!
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    edited March 4
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday 4 March
    PW: 170
    CW: 167.4

LOSS: 2.6lb
    I always find the first few pounds are the easiest, 🤞 this time I can keep going and fit into some of those shorts by summer!

• mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Marcy2890 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I have a bad habit of just posting my stats and not really being involved or introducing myself so let’s change that 🙂

My name is Marcy, I am 34 and from Ontario Canada. My weight has always been a huge issue and I have a history of the “all or nothing” mindset which has resulted in a lot of quick losses and gains but nothing consistent or permanent. I have finally reached my goal of 40lbs lost and am now aiming to maintain it and build more muscle.

This time around I have been focusing on making better food choices, walking and light exercise. I am hoping to get back into HIIT classes and running but have been putting it off so that is definitely a goal of mine this month.

A few things about me, I love to travel and am currently working on getting my course finished so that I can work in that field. I have 2 dogs, and a 6 year old son who keep me busy. I love to cook and was a kitchen manager for 10+ years before getting an office job in HR (which I’m learning may not be for me). I love swimming, boating or anything near water and if I could live at the beach I would.

Great work to everyone so far and keep it up this month🙂

Username: marcy2890
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 127.4 lbs
    CW: 126.9 lbs

Great to meet you Marcy! I love swimming too, but it's too cold here for much more than a dip at the moment so I'm relying on running and rowing (machine) for my cardio, looking forward to that getting easier once I've shifted a few of the extra pounds I'm carrying. Well done on reaching your goal weight, you must be really pleased! And good luck with the running, I did my first in a while yesterday and it was a struggle but so pleased I got started at least. Let us know how you get on!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    ~ STEPS CHALLENGE RESULTS ~
    February Week 3

Team Statistics
    Total Steps: 334,381
    Participants: 6
    Average Steps per Person: 55,730 (23.39% lower than last week as a group but 4K steps/walker higher)

The Leaderboard

@andja87 - 90,122 total | 12,874 average Most Steps in One Day
    @Emilienewme - 84,601 total | 11,943 average
    @BodyTalking - 58,880 total | 8,411average Most Consistent
    @sydditt - 46,409 total | 6,630 average
    @9Harvey - 34,711 total | 4,959 average
    @melaniedscott - 20,659 total | 2,951average
    @ljdanny - MIA
    @daria0919 - MIA

I really slacked off last week and never did steps post so there will be two this week. This is the third post for February, and Wednesday will be the final.

We had two fewer stepers report in this week.Bolded steppers met their goal this week. If you have a goal and I'm not counting you, let me know what your goal is!

We have some competition for most steps in one day @Emilienewme and @andja87 are consistently over 18k at least once a week. These two walkers are amazing.

Keep stepping! Anyone who wants to be included in end of February final needs to post by Wednesday (this includes me).

To those who are not currently part of the step team, it's super easy to join and a great way to be more involved with the group if you're looking for something else to hold you accountable. Joining merely involves posting your weekly steps (Sunday - Saturday) either day-by-day or a weekly total. Those posting the weekly totals are not eligible for the Most Steps or Most Consistent awards, but will still be included on the Leaderboard.

So...steppers, what is your why for walking?
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    43ff219mnid6.jpeg
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    cx7lp7bv63li.jpeg
    hvcpb7mzq8t2.jpeg
  • daria0919
    edited March 4
    Options
    February Week 3

Team Statistics
    Average Steps per Person: 55,730 (23.39% lower than last week as a group but 4K steps/walker higher)

The Leaderboard

@ljdanny - MIA
    @daria0919 - MIA

I really slacked off last week and never did steps post so there will be two this week. This is the third post for February, and Wednesday will be the final.

We had two fewer steppers report in

@melaniedscott I had no idea I missed posting. I took the screenshots - guess I assumed I sent them to you, unless something went wrong with MFP and it didn’t post. I just posted (or reposted)
    my Week 3 results above.

Week 4 I posted yesterday.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my steps last week.i have been so busy and tired by the time I get home. Last week I even forgot my watch a few times so my steps are going to be low. I'm going to post last weeks now so I don't forget.

Sun-0
    Mon-7,310
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-6,821
    Fri-11,864
    Sat-5,623
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sorry! I was out of town last week for a work trip and forgot to ask for an excuse. I will be back with my Wednesday weigh in tomorrow!
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 206.9
    CW (Current Weight): 205.8

Happy March team!

I'm Laura, will turn 43 next month, and stay at home with my 5 kids. My oldest is 14, 11, 8, 5, and youngest just turned 3. This is my second year to homeschool them. When I'm not in the kitchen cooking, I love to woodwork, exercise, sewing and beekeeping.
    My mother-in-law moved it with us last summer and taking care of her too. She's 71 and is showing early and middle stages of dementia. At the beginning of the year, I was able to get her enrolled with Medicare Part B and started making wellness appointments for her. In February, we found out that she has had high blood pressure and high cholesterol for who knows how long. Her PA found a bruit in her carotid artery and was referred a cardiologist. She'll have those scans at the end of this month. She also needs extensive dental work done. We're about to start that process too. Next up a trip to Neurologist.

Finding this out has really motivated me. It has been 3 years since my well visit. So, I scheduled mine too. I just received my blood work results the other day. Surprisingly, my cholesterol is just over the high level. I was actually pretty shocked. I had already started implementing changes because of my MIL's health. I don't want her to be on drugs the rest of her life, but now I don't want to be on them either.
    I had already encouraged my husband to schedule his well visit also. He hasn't been in 3 years either. He's pretty lean and runs 7 miles at least 5 days/week. So, I'm pretty sure that's why he doesn't think that it's urgent. Since being out of town this week and discussing my blood work. He's most likely going to get his done soon since he would admit that he eats worse than I.

@sydditt Thanks for the recommendation for the Get Fit with Rick videos. We managed to do some lunges outside yesterday, but ran out of time for a walk. Hoping to get one in today outside. Tomorrow and Friday is supposed to rain. So, these videos will be helpful. I passed along one of my old watches to my 11 year old. She was running around the yard yesterday trying to hit a step goal.

I'm on the quest for Mediterranean and/or anti-inflammatory cookbooks. Do any of you have and love them? I usually cook from scratch. I'm hesitant about buying the ones that include beginner in the title because they may involve packaged food ingredients.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    February Week 3

Team Statistics

The Leaderboard

@ljdanny - MIA
    @daria0919 - MIA

We had two fewer steppers report in

@melaniedscott I had no idea I missed posting. I took the screenshots - guess I assumed I sent them to you, unless something went wrong with MFP and it didn’t post. I just posted (or reposted)
    my Week 3 results above.

Week 4 I posted yesterday.
    ljdanny wrote: »
    I forgot to post my steps last week.i have been so busy and tired by the time I get home. Last week I even forgot my watch a few times so my steps are going to be low. I'm going to post last weeks now so I don't forget.

Sun-0
    Mon-7,310
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-6,821
    Fri-11,864
    Sat-5,623

No worries. I wasn't on top of things either. I'll add your steps for the end of month.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 192.6
    CW (Current Weight): 192.6

Tried to be active and watch what I ate during work travel. Glad I didn't hurt my efforts while traveling.
  • melaniedscott
    edited March 7
    Options
    My steps:
    Sun 1589
    Mon 1581
    Tues 2284
    Wed 1635
    Thurs 2428
    Fri 300
    Sat 2500

Have a new phone and it doesn't want to let me post pix.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    Hi WNM ...one more member joining your wonderful group...Please welcome @BlueSkyNomad :)
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 258.0
    CW: 257.5

Have a great day Team!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Hi WNM ...one more member joining your wonderful group...Please welcome @BlueSkyNomad :)

@BlueSkyNomad -

I was wondering why your username looked familiar - welcome back to the F2F challenge! Glad you could join us! :smile:
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @minstrelofsarcasm! Yes, I used to be in the challenge before but sadly dropped out.

I'm determined to make it work this time as it's not just the weight I'm trying to lose. I've got high blood pressure and cholesterol and the doctor is trying to put me on statins (I'm already taking blood pressure tablets).

The goal now is not just to lose weight but get fit and healthy and come off/avoid the medication.

Thank you for having me :)

• andja87
    andja87 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 211.4
    CW (Current Weight): 209.2
  • daria0919
    Options
    andja87 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Friday