Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is weigh in. Boy and I up from my previous weight. Just spending Friday and Thursday night deviating from our meal plan really hurt me as far as weight loss. I had a great time though and it is not something we will probably ever do again. Well I mean maybe next year, but I don't think they will pay for a hotel next year. I think it was a one and done type thing. Joe and I had a great day. We went to the Henry Ford Museum after my meeting on Friday and bought a year pass. Since I work with AAA I got a decent discount on it and it is definitely not a Museum that you can see in one day. There are so many different sections and some of them are only open during the summer. So there is that. We got it for this year and only once. So that is cool. I have a ton of pictures from the Henry Ford Museum. Let me know if you want to see some of those.

@Kurtize - It was business. I had a meeting Friday morning at 9 am and it was roughly a 2 hour drive. So instead of having to get up really really early to get there on Friday they put me in a hotel Thursday night. So then I decided to take my husband and then after the meeting on Friday take some time off and explore the area over there.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I was so excited for this trip all week long. The claims adjuster is coming out Sunday to take a look. It is actually listed as a catastrophic claim so that means it is more likely to be covered. My roof guy called and said that after they talk in regards to what the claims adjuster sees then he will call me and get everything situated, but he already went over everything he saw and sent the photos to the adjust that he took. He has worked with claims adjusters a lot and so they are used to the entire process.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.—Roy T. Bennett
    I AM: I accept change.
    Action for Happiness: Notice 3 things you find beautiful in the outside world.
    Happy National Read Across America Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Gold metals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.—Dan Gable
    Day 61 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.03 miles yesterday.
    March Challenge I’m walking a purposeful 2 miles each day and today is day 2.
    Off today so catching up on podcasts and other stuff plus beginning training for a Memorial Day Workout called Murph.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,508 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, not much new here, nice day but windy. Hugs all
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.—Robert Frost
    I AM: I give myself the attention I deserve,
    Action for Happiness: Start today by appreciating your body and that you’re alive.
    Happy World Wildlife Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Carl Lewis
    Day 62 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.09 miles yesterday.
    Today is Day 3/31 2 miles a day in March Challenge.
    Off today and getting caught up on podcasts and other stuff plus watching a Law & Order: SUV Marathon on USA network.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,128 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, Glad you had a great time!! That's a plus/plus!! When I lived in Denver we got a year pass to the Science Museum. Like the Henry Ford Museum there's os much to see!! I am sure you'll both enjoy it!! How did the claim adjuster go? When will you know when they'll fix the roof? It's always nice to have a new roof or one that you know is nicely fixed up.
    @Kurtize, HI Joyce!! Hope you enjoyed the day!! I did. Was at meeting this AM, than 4 of us went out to eat. This time it was Chinese, I was able to order and eat a small enough amount with no take home after. A WIN/WIN!!
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Today I went to church, and then just relaxed. Hope your Sunday as been restful and relaxing.

utlwinn1frm7.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, I definetly got in a few naps, and 30 mins of exercise. TY TY for the sweet picture!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a good day. I am feeling pretty good about today. I am going to get to work a little late. I have to take my son to his driving test. I really hope he passes. That will be awesome. Then he can get a job. I am hoping he passes. Today at work I am going work on some travel stuff and some memberships. I do need to get those going again.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - That is nice to have the ability to go back when we want to. The person who came out this weekend lied and was not the claims adjuster. He was the roof inspector. So he says my actual adjustor will get this information in 7-10 days. I was not happy when he said that. He literally lied to me.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Disconnecting from technology for a while creates room for real-world connections.—Chirlane McCray
    I AM: I ceaselessly pursue my success.
    Action for Happiness: Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.
    Happy National Grammer Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.—Jack Dempsey
    Day 63 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.35 miles yesterday.
    Today is Day 4/31 2 miles a day in March Challenge.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting all of my exercise I can in before work.

• AndyinBC
    AndyinBC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Late to this party but I wanted to see what was happening in the 5% Challenge. It's great to see that the challenge has continued to live on since its beginnings at Spark People. I am one of those people who started with the 5% Challenge way back then and hoping to join in the Spring Challenge. Still figuring our MFP. Was AndyinBC there and now AndyinBC on MFP.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @AndyinBC , HI Andy!! Hey welcome back! There's been a little change We are now doing 10 weeks for the challenge. Right now we are in week number nine. Very soon we will be signing up for Spring challenge. Please keep checking back Andy on a daily basis and look for the sign up for the 2024 Spring 5% challenge here. @Kaliswalker or @Ceriusly1 Will be putting up the link. Most likely it will be Lynn. If you are interested and joining a team to get back into practice please post that you would like that under the feed: ✈ Need an Air Taxi to Get on a Team? Post in the Comments
    And you will be assigned to a team.
    @Tabatha_Cain, I am at horrified as you are that the roofer led you to believe he was a claim adjuster!! If he was willing to lie about that, no doubt he lie about more. Even though it will take you longer in the long run to have it fixed I sure hope you are running like crazy away from that person. Want somebody lies they're going to lie and lie again. Did you send past his exam today? Did he get it driver's license? It's always cool watching that happen. I hope he got it. Were you able to do the sales you wanted today?

I am being horribly spoiled at the moment. I do not mind that at all. Lolol. Right now Oscar kitty is in my lap. Imagine being able to relax like a cat does. It just makes me smile to trust they putting us. I've been able to excel my steps today. A win-win! Oh good
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all happy Monday. Kayla's new fence is up so we can let her out and not have to watch she doesn't wonder off.
    mny5m02kvb42.jpg
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I haven't chatted here before, but I thought I'd drop by and say hi and see how people are doing.

I have had kind of a weird challenge. I weigh approximately 275 lbs and my weight has gone up and down in huge amounts, which is unusual for me. Mostly it was when I went overboard with sodium. I have a good chance of losing my 5%, which is exciting. I almost dropped out a few weeks ago, so I'm glad I didn't. (Special thanks to @Dilberta for helping me out.)

I hardly exercised at all during this challenge. Some of that has been because of health issues, and some of it has been a lack of discipline. I'm ashamed of how little I've helped my team in that aspect.

I plan to finish this challenge strong. I'm hoping to meet people here and that we can encourage each other in this challenge and the next.

@Kurtize Your new fence is really nice! Kayla is adorable.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I'm glad you are being spoiled by Oscar. I have three dogs, Lilo, Zed, and Jax. They spoil me too. Good job with your steps.

@macrat12 Your posts and your dedication are inspiring. Thank you.
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been AWOL lately, just really no excuse, just was getting late in the evening and all I wanted to do was to relax before bed time. Still working on our bedroom ceiling, as we can only do 1 runnng board a day, as hubby says working above his head doing one row a day is all he can take. And with only one arm that I can raise any, is out for me, and with the earthqyakes in my head sometime, I can only manage to hold one end of a 12 ft. board up with a another board, so I don't feel that I am not doing much. Good news is, we might get done by the week end.
    This morning I had a Dr. appt. to renew my CPap, and I got a call an hour before my appt. saying I needed to check in 10 in. before my appt. but made it 15. and then had to wait 1 1/2 hours to see Dr. for less than 10 mins. WHYYYYYYYYYY. So that pretty well shot the whole morning and didn't get home until 12:15, just in time to see hubby off for a nap. But we did get our boards up for the day, only later. So now it is time to sit down and watch a movie on Netflix and relax. Have a good night. Linda
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, that's awesome!! Kayla is a very loved dog and rightfully so!! She'll LOVE running back and foth and being able as it warms up to bask in the sun!
    @Athletelori, WELCOME ABOARD here with us!! WOOHOO!!!! CONGRATS on losing weight!! Its so crazy how it can flex so much, many of us look at how we did overall at 4 weeks or 5 weeks and again at the 10 week mark. Sounds like you are doing very well!! As far as "letting the team down" we can all tell you from time to time, we all struggle. We understand. SO HAPPY @Dilberta helped you with staying with us on the challenge. She's a GREAT LEADER!! Thinner Winners is a very nice team with strong leaders. I am happy you are with them. I'm giggle as I read one of your dog name is JAX!!! One of my BFF has a cat named JAX and spelled exatcly the same way!! He's a young kitten at 10 months old. He's part Maine coon and tuxedo. Sadly he's also very ill, but he's beating the oods on staying a live. He's pretty amazing in this.
    @Imustloseit1, Oh I am sure the ceiling will be so worth it!! That's hard, hard work!! Grrr on Dr's who keep us waiting!! It makes me so upset because when it's that far behind very likely they KNEW and why do they not call us? If they did (No doubt not wanting cancellations!) we could go in later!! I hope all is well with your sleep? Please take care.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a rough day. I have several things to get booked today. So we will see how that all goes. I am thinking that I am going to be so busy that I might not be able to do a lot. Last night Joe and I went out and I did Door Dash and he did Spark and we did pretty good. I am glad about that. I think we have a solid plan.

@AndyinBC - Welcome. The challenge is doing amazing. Things have been going well. We have changed it up a bit though.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Wow yesterday was so darn crazy. The guy who was on my roof was a claims adjuster just not my claims adjuster. He is assigned to go to house's that have filed claims and get on their roof and check it out and then file a report with the actual claims adjuster. So I have not yet even been in contact with the person who is actually going to make a decision on my roof. My son did pass his drivers license road test. Now we just have to wait for him to get an email saying he passed. He did get a proof right then and there, but we need the email to show they have uploaded his results into the system so he can go into the state website and print off his temporary. He was so happy. I love my cats. They are so loveable and cuddly.
    @Kurtize - That is an awesome fence area. I love the design.
    @AthleteLori - Welcome. So glad you did not drop out. Sodium can really mess up your numbers. I am sure you will get there with the exercise. I am sure you will finish the challenge strong.
    @imustloseit1 - That is great that you are almost done with the ceiling. It is a lot holding that huge board above your head while someone else is nailing it to the ceiling. You have just kept going and that is awesome. Don't you love how doctors can charge you for being late, but you cannot charge them for your time. Just once I would like to be able to send the doctor a bill for them taking an hour or 2 of my time.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The forces of the universe support those who work at healing themselves.—Yung Pueblo
    I AM: I stay focused on my projects.
    Action for Happiness: Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.
    Happy National Cheese Doodle Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.—Wilma Roudolph
    Day 5/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 64 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.96 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting all but my afternoon walk in before work.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Wishing you all a good day. Voted early today. Thank you on the fence compliments. Kayla seems to like her place. But today, Kayla has been sick we don't know what's wrong with her, watching right now and if she doesn't get better will call vet.
    Nothing else new. It's 61 and a slight breeze. Hugs all

Today's inspirational thought: Be an Observer of Life. Gaining wisdom from carefully observing life
    is not a substitute for action - it is a prerequisite for informed action. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did work go today? And doordash? WOOHOO on S passing!! THat's GREAT!! Do they no longer get their picture license right off now? Or was the line sooo long? UGH sounds maddening about the roof!! HOPEFULLY you have no rain coming in or cold?
    @Tabatha_Cain and @Imustloseit1, I had once taken time off from work (an hour earlier than my usually leave time) and the Dr was over an hour LATE!! I saw her, went out to pay my copay and I TOOK OFF the money I'd of made! The person was saying "You can't do that!" "Why not? You must of known you were running late, and could of called me. I'd of been here still an hour later, but on time before I'd of been seen." SHe was so not happy!! My Dr happen to be walking by and asked if all was okay. The person said "She took money off because we were late!" Dr asked "how much?" Looking at me "What I would of made if I were at work for the hour I sat here." Dr "She's right! Take it off." Hehehehe!!
    @Kurtize, how is Kayla tonight? I hate it when they are sick or just not well. I love watching people you learn so much.
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain I love your respond, it is something I should have thought of. lol But the Dr. did apologized and said it was a bad situation, I didn't ask question.

Wek did get a little closer getting done with that ceiling, and I can't wait till it is done. Was talking to hubby this evening and said I so wanted that done so I could get some house work done, and the first will be cleaning up the bed room, as that old popcorn ceiling sheds with every move we make, and everything is covered with a litle layer of that old plaster. YUCK, make we want to remove it from the rest of the house, but that would be thousand of dollar I imagine. So will just let it be for now. I guess I can live with it.

Time to relax before bed so I can sleep well. Linda