WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 638 Member
    edited March 4
    Options
    @jugar It took me a minute to understand what being in the green meant—I thought we were talking trackers/you made a mistake. 🤦🏾‍♀️

It finally dawned on me that I reported losses every week. ( And I found/read the post behind the logic of celebrating being in the green) Now I’m feeling the pressure! I’ll do my best for March and wishing us all well.

3/4/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 176.0
    CW (Current Weight): 175.8

More walk heavy this last week. My goal was to hit 60 miles by end of Feb. For March & April the combined goal is 120k total (75+ miles) —my goal being cut in almost 1/2 for each month is welcomed.

Sunday 2/25 13,786 (10 min Pilates 10 min core)
    Monday 2/26 12,820
    Tuesday 2/27 14,189 (40 min strength 10 min yoga/stretch)
    Wednesday 2/28 13,394 (60 min PiYo)
    Thursday 2/29 19,339 (20 min HIIT, 20 min strength)
    Friday 3/1 16,265
    Saturday 3/2 18,930
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 203.6
    CW: 203.6
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Thursday, February 29 - 7,621 steps
    Friday, March 1 - 20,483 steps (packing and moving all day)
    Saturday, March 2 - 9,747 steps (packing and moving half the day)
    Sunday, March 3 - 6,285 steps (unpacking most of the day)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen It seems you've gotten 3 major events completed in one week - well done! I've had troubled teeth since my teens and, now that I'm just past the mid-point of my 60s, I'm apparently going after a record number of crowns. I believe I now have one more crown than Queen Victoria had children. In light of that, I bought a Phillips electric toothbrush which should help with consistency in pressure, etc., so my mouth can stay in good health whilst I learn to consistently exercise the rest of my body!

@jugar Your visit to see Dad while Anne was away for the weekend sounded nice. It's a treat to hear about you playing flute for everyone - plus, having Dad remember who you are - that's fabulous!

I'll introduce myself after a brief nap...the novocaine is wearing off (from the crown-work today) and resting for a bit helps ease that process.

t.t.f.n.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Another great day here! I am looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow, however I do feel bloated tonight. Enjoyed my walk outside at lunch today...it was 65F and sunny.

@MaddawgMadsen you have had a busy week! Glad you were able to save your crown!

@EvMakesChanges I hope your mouth feels better soon. I hate going to the dentist and have a cleaning scheduled for tomorrow 😕
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    I dunno. Too much dental talk in here - I just got my first crown last week and you're making me worry now! I'm glad yours was simple to repair, @MaddawgMadsen - they are rough on the pocketbook :grimace:

Monday! It was a good one. I did 15 minutes of Pilates and 30 of bodyweight strength workout this morning, and a 45 minute brisk walk this afternoon. I'm kind of enjoying the 75 hard plan so far! No sugar, no flour, no alcohol, and plenty of H2O - it's working. I have not finished my reading yet for today, but will do so lying in bed very shortly. Dad had physiotherapy today and was pretty tired, but doing well. I'll be heading home tomorrow after helping with a (hopefully) minor plumbing repair - apparently I'm small enough to reach into the tight places needed, so it has to be me! Those leaks won't know what hit them...

Still some weigh-ins due, and tomorrow's to come :smiley: :
    @lindamartin27
    @strong_fit_ells
    @adrimango
    @cleaneater80
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna cry... I put new batteries in my scale and it is not being nice... It just started saying low battery over the weekend, so you would think it would atleast correlate to last weeks weight, but nope it gave me an extra 7lbs... I am honestly thinking about just not participating this month, but also, I mean it is what it is and I know it's just a number, but dang it, that was a slap in the face...

Anyway yesterday was good...

Have a good day !
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm gonna cry... I put new batteries in my scale and it is not being nice... It just started saying low battery over the weekend, so you would think it would atleast correlate to last weeks weight, but nope it gave me an extra 7lbs... I am honestly thinking about just not participating this month, but also, I mean it is what it is and I know it's just a number, but dang it, that was a slap in the face...

Anyway yesterday was good...

Have a good day !

I have a solution - I will change your starting weight for the month to match the new scale's evil number of doom. Then you'll be able to hit a loss by tomorrow, or do a later weigh-in for this week. No need to skip a month! Creative bookkeeping at your service :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Here is the article I was talking about a couple of days ago. I have waffled on sharing it - but I think it is excellent food for thought, even though I do not agree with everything in there. I have been thinking a lot about the hard (strict) vs the kind (intuitive or calories-in-out) approaches, wondering about the role of the firm decision as described in the 75 Hard. Have a look at this and see what you think:

https://open.substack.com/pub/danaleighlyons/p/sugar-addiction-early-sobriety?r=emddz&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

I know it comes from a sobriety newsletter, but it deals with food and how to deal with eating that gets out of control.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! @bowens1973 and I returned late last night from our trip to Jamaica. I truly decompressed and spent very little time on my phone so I've just now caught up will all the lovely posts and energy from the past week. @MaddawgMadsen your week was a whirlwind for sure.. glad your mom is okay

The trip was great and we picked a good week to be away as Alberta got hit with some really cold weather. Unfortunately on the flight home u came down with something and spent the last 3 hours throwing up in the bathroom... just so embarrassing and cramped and yuck. Still not feeling well today so I had to take a sick day and am home in bed.

I weighed in this morning and while I'm not surprisingly up after a week at an all inclusive it wasn't as high as some of my previous gains so I'll take that as a win...mind you I did just spend the night before puking so we'll see where things actually stand on Thursday.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Jamaica looks gorgeous! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time, minus the embarrassing illness on the way home.
  • lauren_989
    Options
    PW: 213
    CW: 210.8

@ashleycarole86 it looks like you both had a great time! I'm glad you were able to stay off the phone and relax! Sorry to hear about the stomach bug, hopefully Brad won't get it too!

Today was a good day...slightly behind on water, but will catch up before the end of the day, which will hopefully be early, because I am tired!
  • jugar
    edited March 6
    Options
    I made it home, and even though my car is now splattered with mud from our dirt road, it feels good to be home! I did enjoy having a clean car for a few days, though :smiley:

Welcome home to you @ashleycarole86 in spite of the tummy bug. Spring cleaning! Rest and hopefully you'll feel better soon, but also have a bit more time off from work. I hope @bowens1973 doesn't catch it :grimace: (ps - I love the photo on the water slide!)

I stopped on the way home at one of those very rare stores I actually like - the Farm Way store in Bradford Vermont. They have all the kinds of clothes I like, and practically none that I don't. My wardrobe is in desperate condition - I have not bought anything in so long, and many things have worn out beyond hope. So today I actually bought 2 pairs of pants! I like them both - so now I have choice. One of them is in the smallest size I have bought in all my adult life, which was weird. I have been keeping sugar out of my life, and I think it is having a good effect!

Wednesday on the way - here is the updated due list:
    @lindamartin27
    @strong_fit_ells (You must be going through the crazy first puppy weeks - hang in there!!)
    @adrimango
    @cleaneater80
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @Gidgitgoescrzy (check my previous message about updating your starting weight for March)

Thanks!

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    PW 152.2
    CW 152.0

Thank You for the offer of adjusting @jugar Looks like I won't need it.

I admit I did get on the scale fully dressed, ready to leave for work, but I don't think my clothes weighed 7lbs, anyway I'm guessing it was a fluke, because I put new batteries in, set it on the floor and stepped on it, so maybe it needed a minute? Who knows... Lesson learned, don't cry about things that haven't adjusted yet.

I am having a hard time with the exercise, I'm just eehhhhh... The gloomy weather isn't helping...

Have a great day !

• lauren_989
    Options
    In case anyone wanted to know...32 ounces is 4 cups of water, not 3. I'm just glad my math was wrong in my favor and I didn't inadverently fail the hard 75 and 2, that I realized it very early on. 😂

@jugar glad you made it home and that is awesome you were able to fit into the smallest size yet!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @jugar - I haven't moved my scale over yet, but I will be stopping by the old house tonight to get the trash to the curb, so I will make sure to grab the scale while I am there. I should have a weight tomorrow.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Gosh so much going on.

I'm Joann, I'm a full time public health nurse and mom to a 9 year old daughter and 1.5 year of German Shephard. I have struggled in the past with going from all to nothing mindset and feel the last 4 months have been more consistent I've been doing well with eating and exercising but the past 10 days have gotten to me. I'm in a bit of a funk and just want to abandon anything that is healthy. I know it's part to do with the weather but also a mindset thing. I know I'll get over it but it's a struggle. At the moment starting the 75 days isn't in the cards for me.

@ashleycarole86 great timing on your trip in avoiding the cold. Love the pics, thanks for sharing.

@MaddawgMadsen Gosh you have had a few rough weeks. Hope this is the end and you can start enjoying putting the house together.

PW 164
    CW 166.2
  • jugar
    Options
    What a weird day - I gave blood this morning and it threw me for a bit of a tailspin. I have given blood for years and never had one like this. Tonight I'm feeling fine again, but my blood pressure was a bit too low to begin with, and it went a lot too low for a while. Yuck! It was not a good day for exercise... Tomorrow should be better - and I'll go hang out with Jasper for a while.

Meanwhile, there are weigh-ins waiting in line! Here are all due through Thursday:

@lindamartin27
    @strong_fit_ells
    @adrimango
    @MaddawgMadsen - whenever you move that scale, no rush! I hope moving is going great :smiley:
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.