WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    @ChelleChelle1031 Ugh! Get well quick! We miss your wonderful energy in here :smiley: You are sure right how fast things can change with a few days in bed - but you'll be back in the swing soon, I'm willing to bet.

Applause for @lauren_989 @CupcakeCrusoe and @EvMakesChanges ! We did not have a great week as a team, but you all led the way and got us some good green! Let's work towards 50% green for this week :mrgreen:

We had a big wet snow today and more coming, so I just stayed home today, took a long walk in the wet woods, and hit my goal for strength workout. Gotta venture out tomorrow to pester Jasper. I just found a set of cool exercises we can do with ground poles - he loves poles. We have not tried these ones yet, so it will be an adventure.

I'm going to try to get to bed somewhat earlier than usual tonight, since I don't want to sleep late in the morning with this annoying time change! So here is the reminder for tonight -

Due through Monday:
    @Zumbaforever
    @lindamartin27
    @CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells
    @StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80

Thanks!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    3/11/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 175.8
    CW (Current Weight): 173.8

Sunday 3/3 13,279 (20 min Yoga)
    Monday 3/4 10,563 (20min Yoga, 5 mins kickboxing )
    Tuesday 3/5 16,705 (20 min strength)
    Wednesday 3/6 by 11,234 (20 HIIT, 90 min PiYo)
    Thursday 3/7 11,977 (20 min strength, 20min HIIT 20 min yoga/stretch)
    Friday 3/8 11,895
    Saturday 3/9 13,325 ( 20 min HIIT, 20 min Yoga)
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @strong_fit_ells adorable addition to the family. A pup always keeps you busy and active.

@micki48 stunning flower show.

@YinxFed Don't get to down on yourself. We are here to listen and help you figure next steps.

CW 169.0 -
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi team - I have not been helping us out lately, and I am sorry for that. But, I feel like I am finally on the mend from mom being in the hospital, being sick, and somewhat from moving. We still have some stuff to get out of the old house and all the cleaning.

@strong_fit_ells - ADORABLE puppy! I almost want to show my husband, but then I'm afraid we would be getting another dog. Good job getting through the puppy stage. It's a lot of work, but I hope you are enjoying it!

@micki48 - those are GORGEOUS flowers! You are lucky to have a great friend for so long and one that can join you for events like that!

@YinxFed - I am so sorry to hear about the back pain! That can be a serious movement killer. I hope you can adjust your diet for a while and slowly get back to your exercising.

@jugar - terrible week indeed. I'm back in it and hopefully can post a loss this week. Hopefully our teamwork this week will make the dream work!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Monday, March 4 - 6,699 steps
    Tuesday, March 5 - 7,991 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Wednesday, March 6 - 5,387 steps
    Thursday, March 7 - 5,420 steps
    Friday, March 8 - 10,506 steps
    Saturday, March 9 - 6,312 steps
    Sunday, March 10 - 6,761 steps

I missed my step goal on two days, but my average over the last week is 7,010 steps/day, and since that is 1,000 steps greater than my goal, I will count the week as a win. Especially considering I only made it to the gym one day. Being sick has really hindered my exercising goals; however, moving into a new house has really helped the step goals.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989
    I can make that work, no problem!
    As an aside.. you really crushed your workouts in week 1! Bravo

I have rode the Peloton three days in a row and two of those three days included some upper body strength as well. It really really feels great.

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy I know what you mean about the time change. I could not wake up this morning! I was only 5 minutes late to work 🙈

@ashleycarole86 I started the 75 hard challenge and so with 2, 45 minute workouts daily, my steps have gone way up!

I was tired all day today. It's just an hour, but it completely messes me up!
  • jugar
    Options
    @kali225 THERE'S the superKali we all know and love! Back on the train, working out, baking deliciousness, and getting to bed to read. Cheers!

I ran into a former member over on the 75 Hard/Medium/Easy challenge thread - @jane_76 will hopefully be coming back to our team here soon :smiley: I always love it when people make a comeback.

Like @Gidgitgoescrzy getting out of the mud! And @ashleycarole86 back on the Peloton and ready to get serious :sunglasses: seriously cool, that is! Great work.

OK heads up! Weigh-ins due through Tuesday:
    @Zumbaforever
    @lindamartin27
    @CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 203.6
    CW: 206.8
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar I am dropping out for now. I have not been as active on here as you deserve. I am working out and eating well. Just to busy with remodeling, and work. This is a wonderful team.

I can put you on the support team if you like - you can still drop by to post from time to time, but you do not need to weigh in. Come back whenever you like! Good luck with all the remodelling and keep up the great habits :smiley:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Having another solid day! I worked from home so I could get to the doctor in the afternoon for an annual. Quiche is warming up in the oven for dinner and friends are due to arrive in person and virtually in an hour for dance cardio.

@lauren_989 I am on a real thrillers/mystery kick right now - I finished In The Lake of the Woods by Tim O'Brien last week, which I read in high school but got so much more out of this time around. The author is a Vietnam vet and the war tends to play a big role in his fiction. This book is particularly cool in my opinion because it's a novel but there are footnotes in certain chapters that are both real citations and more of the story/prose.
    Then today I finished A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham which I have been wanting to read since it came out in 2022 and I loved it! Now I am onto In The Woods by Tana French which on the surface has a lot of similar themes to A Flicker in the Dark.
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, I'll blame the time change. This one is kicking my butt for some reason - today I am just plain old tired. I did a decent Pilates session and took a very, very leisurely walk around outside for a while, but otherwise have spent a lot of time reading and just sitting around. And eating more than I'd like. Since I have so little physical energy, I at least spent a lot of my reading time on my still vague project, so I don't feel like the day was lost. I'll get to bed early, I hope, and my usual energy better be back tomorrow! Or else!

@cleaneater80 I love it that you are taking piano lessons with your daughter and getting back into playing. What music are you working on?

@Kali225 lucky you - reading Tana French. I love her stuff. I recently read The Hunter by her, and it was fabulous. Usually with mysteries/thrillers I prefer the audiobook version - as long as the voice actor is good. It's great having "company" of a good book while doing boring things, driving, or on a long walk.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was really good. I logged. Got some Pilates in. Today everything is logged. My calories are slightly over. We went out to dinner. The waitress urged us to get a delicious dessert, which we gave in to. Too tired at the end of the day to get on my mat. We had some running around to do after work when I planned to do Pilates. Tomorrow I have a clay group at school. We made birds back I November but the kiln broke down. We finally glaze tomorrow.

My husband is complaining of feeling sick. Please no. My break is next week and I don’t want to be sick.
    @micki48 Love the flowers, do you ever go to Longwood Gardens ? That is my favorite place.

Yes! We went at Christmas for the first time. It was so beautiful. One of my former students is one of the arborists there.

Glad everyone enjoyed the flowers.
This discussion has been closed.