Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 - I take a curcumin supplement. I've found it somewhat helpful for inflammation. Not wildly helpful, but it's at least as good as ibuprofen, and since I don't want to take ibuprofen all the time, I take the curcumin daily. Turmeric is not well-absorbed, so I opted for a supplement of just curcumin, with the brand name Terry Naturally. I tried another brand first (Life Extension, Curcumin Elite) but there was a side effect that I could not tolerate. I don't seem to have any side effect with the Terry Naturally. Just be aware that there are differences between brands, and if one brand doesn't work then try another.

-Mica
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Wow, that’s a lot to go through in a few days. Love the way you process with humor, as it’s my go to coping as well. I’m glad you’re doing the things to help assuage your wife’s concerns, even if you aren’t as concerned.
    @laurelfit57 Not that you’re looking for advice, and I’m not sure if you have an underlying condition, but with the seasons changing where I live I sometimes get some severe allergy/sinus related headaches, maybe it’s from walking the dogs so much. I hope you feel better in any event.
    @AmbersWay I don’t recall where you’re from, but both of my kids have had strep in the last 4 months so I would be careful with that!
    @trooworld Curse the fasciitis! I have that in both feet sometimes and it can be awful. I have to keep ahead of it with stretching and good footwear. I hope you get a podiatrist that listens to you and gets you to feeling better.
    I wrote down on our family calendar all the stuff we’re doing this week and next, and it helps to tell my husband too, then I feel less overwhelmed. Also, he can’t say I didn’t tell him about it if it’s written on the paper calendar. I’ve been using the google calendar for a few years now, and he has access to it, but he never checks it.
    Today I have to go to the store to replenish our toilet paper and my mothers-in-law’s medicines, as she’s staying with us for a while. She’s nearly 89 and takes quite a few pills. I knew I needed to go to the store yesterday, but because I didn’t write myself a specific list I talked myself out of going.
    I’m hoping that I can go to the gym later in the evening since I won’t be able to fit it in sooner.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @trooworld - Footwear for fasciitis - I've had a lot of success with a brand called KURU. The model that I love is the Quantum.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW:249.5
    CW:250.5

I've got to keep it moving. I can do this!!
    Let's go get it! B)

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Random:

What do I do to make things more complex? Overthink. Try to do it "perfect" when good enough will do. Perfect can hurt me because sometimes I don't do things that are good for me- because I won't just jump in and then get to perfect. I've made progress on being more confident in myself and trusting myself. It feels good.

@19shmoo69 - Glad to hear you have a brain. :) Will be thinking of you on your health journey. I understand not trusting all the docs- I hope you find some good ones as you work through this. Using your humor to make a yucky situation more tolerable is a great strategy.

@AmbersWay - I only look good on Stridekick because it's winter for everyone else but me here in FL and you are not feeling well. When Mica gets walking and Shawna gets hiking again, I'm toast! I hope things start looking up for you soon.

@laurelfit57 - dogs are so funny- such personalities they have! Gus is the result of a homeowner who kept two unfixed pets. He is pure black, another pup is white/black/tan. Interesting.

@Veta2018 - your yard and garden are so pretty!

@txcritter69 - I think you'll enjoy RVing more than gardening, even though gardening is way cool!

My husband was cleaning his grill a few days ago. Gus apparently found all the scrapings from the grates and wolfed them down. Thus began Vomit Fest. He is on the mend now.

DH has invited me to do strength work outs with him- I'm digging it!

Lisa
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I know I am late but here is the ICE BREAKER QUESTION

If someone came up to you and said “Hey, do that thing you do!”, what thing would pop into your head first?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    edited March 15
    Options
    @laurelfit57 LOL she;’s a beautiful white dog totally worth the extra cleaning! I brought home a stranded white Pomeranian, they’re beautiful but a challenge to keep clean. Oh no I think Vannie was the perfect fit for you especially hearing about the barkers. I went into adopting my cats planning on an older female cat who was definitely not gray as my last cat was gray and saw this little feral gray male fluff ball and fell in love especially when this "terrified cat" who hated to be handled rolled on his back in my hands and fell asleep. My last cat was a feral one that was born in my yard that I bonded with when I was sitting outside withdrawing from harder medications and I’d crawl outside and watch them chase each other. I figure befriending her and her sister taught me the patience I’d need with my two guys that had been trapped and put up for adoption so even if they were 2 boys one being gray they were there that day for a reason. I hope that headache clears up, glad the tummy is better!

@ninyagwa Those are great questions to ask yourself. I hope you were able to get the gym in tonight.

@19shmoo69 That’s ok that’s not giving anything away. I understand not trusting doctors. Sadly the doctors and nurses I talk to in the ER are the first ones to say how broken healthcare is these days.

@AmbersWay Thanks! Oh no I hope your eldest and husband are feeling better fast, it’s been a tough year for all of you. I’m glad mentally you’re in a good place, that part of your post sounds awesome.

@micaroo4 I think you have an awesome answer to the question! I’m a work in progress there but getting better.

@trooworld The gnocchi soup was SO good, I had it for dinner tonight and love it! The skiinytaste one chicken shwarma spiced Grilled Chicken is the one I was thinking of, I think you’d like it as we like a lot of the same things. Well Plated’s rosemary salmon was really good too. Good deal I look forward to your question. =D You’re such an awesome friend and teammate, if you ever need to be talked down when you’re spinning I’m here. Good for you on making that appointment I hope they can help you find some relief.

@Veta2018 I’m sorry I missed your post last night, we posted at the same time! I love the use of the pallets, that was great thinking. You have an awesome amount of space, I like how you arranged your garden it’s beautiful. That bench must come in real handy too! I get frustrated as I don’t have the money to redo everything but keep telling myself take it slow and I’ll get there one day.

@Cornanda Love the answer, I’m glad you’re becoming more confident! OH NO poor Gus! YES that’s great you have a partner for the strength workouts, that will be fun to do together.

@19shmoo69 On the question it depends who says it and where I am! At the farm or greenhouse it’s dealing with plants and harvesting or busting out a bunch of trays of seeds, if my bestie and I went somewhere and a guy was annoying us she recently reminded me when I punched a guy who was pulling her hair at our first concert (we were 14 and 15 and had our butts grabbed repeatedly and were terrified so I was in protection mode) then called him names and slapped his hand until he released her hair so from her it would be losing my temper. In a nursery, or library (can’t afford a lot of books anymore) I’m about to bring home a bunch of new goodies! IN my car or home we’re going to rock out! I gave our new charity vice president a ride and almost pulled my stereo out trying to get the CD to stop playing before it started screaming obscenities, haha.

WEIGH IN INFO
    WEIGH INS NEEDED
    : @DebJB30 @Jactop
    Reminder for tomorrow weigh-ins to: @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @TeresaW2024 @buniphuphu @ninyagwa
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @katmary71- I would like to go for a ride with you please.

The weird thing I do would be dancing. I've never been good at it, but I like to do it. I like music. It perks me up. Generally there's too much arm movement involved. Lately it might look like the step aerobics I do. Which is weird. I try to dance like no one's watching and also when no one is watching.

Very quiet in here.

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 178.4
    CW: 177.6

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 252.4
    CW: 251.1
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 239.8
    CW: 241.2

+1.4 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa Yes! Argh! I don't stretch as often as I should but I do have good footwear and inserts. I've been to this podiatrist before (I have a bunion on that same foot!) and he's really good and listens very well. I'm sure he'll give me good advice, and I do hope also that he can help. I also use Google calendars. At one point, I invited my husband to view it and of course, like your husband, he never looked at it. I wonder if it would help to print it out. I do print out our meal plans and that doesn't seem to help, he still asks me every day on the way to work what's for dinner lol. I hope you get everything done that you wanted to.

@micaroo4 Thanks, I just looked them up, they look nice, there are a lot of styles and they aren't any more than what I have now. I have to be careful because I also have a bunion but the Kurus say they have a wide toebox, which is perfect. I currently have some Hokas + also Asics Gel Nimbus 25s and am using them with custom inserts but it doesn't help that much.

@Cornanda Oh no! I'm glad he's starting to feel better. Yay for your strength training! "Generally there's too much arm movement involved" LOL! I love this. You are so funny. Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I'm glad you liked it! I think this weekend's weather would be perfect for grilling so I may make it this weekend. Aww, thank you. I may take you up on that! I hope they can help as well.

ICE BREAKER QUESTION: If someone came up to you and said “Hey, do that thing you do!”, what thing would pop into your head first? I guess it would be to paint something. I'm very artistic and love to create and am known for being creative.

Hi all. Thanks for your commiseration and suggestions about the plantar fasciitis. I hope the podiatrist can help with it. I am working from home today which is always nice. I get to wear my yoga pants all day! :D I have a lot of stuff in my freezer to use up and hopefully will have a low grocery bill this week. Have a great day!

No Zero Days: Pretracked, didn't snack outside of what I planned for.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • ninyagwa
    Options
    ninyagwa
    Fridays
    PW: 324.8
    CW: 323.2
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I’m glad that they did find evidence of a stroke. Could have been a TIA which is a wake-up call to calm down and take care of yourself. My husband’s lung cancer was found from a scan he had for another issue. Catching whatever that thing is early is going to be the best way to keep it from being a real problem. And yes, God is always in control. :) I have a similar brain. ;)

@Veta2018, your uncomplex life sounds perfect. I keep saying I’m going to downsize and get a tiny house. I love your little garden. :)

@trooworld I hope the doctor can help with your foot. I did a dance workout program this morning and woke up with my plantar fasciitis screaming at me. So, not doing that program anymore. Ugh!! I want to live in yoga pants for the rest of my life! :D

@micarro4 Terry Naturally is the brand I bought, too. I’m taking two capsules a day and will drop it down to one in a few weeks. I didn’t know about the side effects. Thanks for the warning! :)

@Cornanda Oh, the need to be perfect. I have that fun little complex, too. I’m glad you are making progress. :) It is great that you are strength training with your DH. Ugh, Gus!!

Good morning! I totally forgot to post the last couple of days. I’ve been so busy with work stuff and then yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning and completely reorganizing my kitchen. Today, Joe has an appointment with his primary, and I need to run up to work to print some stuff for the Easter egg hunt bags that I’m putting together. I'm just waiting for some logo stickers so I can put the welcome bags together. I will be happy to have all this stuff out of my house! :# Has anyone heard of the Wall Pilates workout by Better Me? Well, since I can’t lift weights and dancing is out because my stupid foot doesn’t like it, I bought a 12-week program for $25 and plan to start that tomorrow. It’s an app on my phone, and I don’t know if I will like it, but I kept seeing it all over the place, so I thought, why the heck not! I’ll keep y’all posted. :)
    2024 Word: Strive

QUESTIONS:

How do I make life more complex than it needs to be?
    Overthinking for sure! With my work, I just can’t make a quick graphic or print material without taking dozens of changes and taking forever to decide it’s good enough. I also overthink all the problems with Joe and I worry about my family. I swear if I didn’t have God in my life, I would be a total mess. :)

If someone came up to you and said “Hey, do that thing you do!”, what thing would pop into your head first?

I would show off how I can pick up anything with my toes. :D
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 264
    CW: 265
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

@Katmary71 We don't have any charity programs around here. I hope your hair appt was a success. I also hope you are finding some relief with your back pain. Get your homework done!

@19shmoo69 I hope that everything goes well with all your medical tests. It is really hard to trust Most Doctors. When you do find a good doc they tend to move on to other places. Leaving it in GODS hands is the best thing you can do.

@Veta2018 I love your garden area. I had plans of expanding my mini garden this yr, had it all mapped out on our property. Was collecting pallets, fencing and scrape wood to build it. I was not aware that my hubby had a different plan. LOL

@laurelfit57 I am glad you are feeling better. Yes, Diesel is a handful! He is very smart but stubborn too! If I am trying to do something with him and he is not happy with it, he will let me know. Right now I am working with him being on a lead (he hates his harness and leash). He runs free on our property so when I put the lead on him he will not play fetch due to the lead dragging behind him. I know it is going to be a process with him. As soon as I get my CC paid off I will be seeking some help with him. I have never had a dog with his demeanor.

@AmbersWay I hope all goes well with the cardiologist. Cinnamon is great for BP too. I also have to really watch my salt intake. I hope all the nasty germs have moved on in your home.

@trooworld My hubby is the same way, he's my mountain man. I am one who loves the sound of the waves and the beauty of the mountains and forests. We have been mostly to the mountains and forests but I am hoping to seek in a trip to the coast this summer or early fall. I hope you find relief for your foot.

@Cornanda I have to agree with you. I loved my mini garden, but I will not have anyone to care for it, while I am away enjoying the great outdoors. I am sorry to see Gus had a bad day. I hope he is doing better. WTG on the strength training with hubby.

@TeresaW2024 I have sent the Better Me ads too. Let me know how it goes for you. I can do the same thing with my toes too. Hubby says I have monkey feet. LOL

I have been staying pretty busy the last few days. finally finished up my laundry, some of the yard work. Still waiting until next week to plant some of my potted plants into the ground this yr. Benn stay outdoors working with Diesel so not much house work getting done. Today we are calling for Thunderstorms but because I put out grass seed it is just going around us. I am not making any plans for the outdoors just to be safe. So now to figure out what I will do indoors.

Questione
    How do I make life more complex then it needs to be?
    I am one for perfection. It has to be perfect in every way. If it is not the way it is supposed to be in my head I am not happy with it, and it will bug me until I go back and fix whatever is not right about it. Right now I have been pondering the fact that a small basket shelf I put up in the shower of the RV is not straight and if I remove the adhesive strip I can't use it again.🤯
    ICE BREAKER QUESTION
    If someone came up to you and said "Hey, do that thing you do!" what thing would pop in your head first?
    That would be my laugh. When I get to laughing really hard I will sweek like a mouse (hints the nickname Mouse). I will have the whole room laughing at my laugh.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    No sun today. Pouring rain. Makes me appreciate yesterday all the more.
    Took the car for state inspection this morning. It failed. Frozen brake components, same issue that I had repaired at end of January. I'm waiting to find out exactly what the problem is this time. Problem is, they don't call, just text. I can't ask questions. If I text a question, they just ignore me. If I call, it goes to voice mail. So very frustrating.
    The workmen for the water heater conversion and replacement have not arrived. I thought it was 10, but apparently they will arrive between 10 and 12. So I wait.
    In the meantime, I've done my ST workout, done 2 loads of laundry, showered, and cleaned the bathroom. Once they start, I won't have running water until they finish.

Frustrating day, because I feel like everything is beyond my control.

-Mica
  • ninyagwa
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I know I am late but here is the ICE BREAKER QUESTION

I'm not sure this should be the answer, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of two things, swearing or being sarcastic....yeesh
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I'm so sorry. They will be in my prayers.
This discussion has been closed.