Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa Great question answer, I always feel better when everything’s in it’s place, it makes life so much easier.

@19shmoo69 I love the idea of repeating a Bible verse before bed. When I was little I tried counting sheep but it would make me MORE anxious for some reason. Snoring is a tough one, it’s super annoying to the one who can’t sleep then you feel super guilty being the snorer, I’ve been on both sides of that. Sending a prayer your way right now!

@AustinRuadhain I do understand that trying to get back on track right now too! I think accepting the bad days and moving on as fast as possible are important. I physically feel a lot better on track too. Go for it, I can’t recall if I said in my post but the laying on your stomach with your leg behind you is a lot easier on your side. I really enjoyed the article, I’ve been focusing on my reactions to things lately and it’s along these lines too.

@AmbersWay I’m loving this cleaning with a friend while on the phone! I have a friend I barely get a word in when I talk to her so I plan a chore before calling so I don’t get restless, last time was trimming back my herbs. Guess that’s different when both are accomplishing something though right? Very kind of you to cook for your friend’s kids, you definitely have been there and I’m sure you’re great support knowing she can talk to you. Great steps and that’s not a bad over at all!

@Veta2018 I second bringing flowers and plants into your space, it helps clean the air and provides oxygen and smiles! I have an amaryllis bulb that just flowered, never had one and figured when I got it in December it would help feeling depressed in March and it has.

@TeresaW2024 I’m so glad Joe is feeling better. Hope this is a great day for you and you fit in some time for yourself.

@trooworld Yay I’m glad the pups are getting along better now! Maybe we need a declutter challenge, that’s come up a lot in the responses and is a big boost to staying on track.

@micaroo4 I love all of your ideas for the question! What if we do a Spring Kickoff Declutter Challenge 1-10 min a day? If you’re busy one day no biggie but we report how we’re doing in group?

@Jactop Happy 2 weeks to your grandbaby, how exciting! I’m glad you’re back too!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Your soda streak is going awesome, congrats on 73 days! Yikes when you get reminders like instant pain you know your choice to reduce sugar is a good one.
    @FushiaKat Oh no hope you’re feeling better soon. I’m so glad this isn’t as bad as the last time for you. Good call on the question answer, my desk is never clean but it DOES feel great when it is. You have to get better for the spring fruit coming out soon!

Hi team! Just got off the phone with the holistic coach, I’ve been bummed at how bad of a flare I’ve been in but she has some ideas for when I go in later in the week. This is the worst I’ve been since surgery so it’s been frustrating. I had PT today, my allergy shot followed by sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes, Walmart pickup, voted (almost forgot), and watered at the greenhouse. I was going to do my other homework lesson tonight but think I’m just going to eat dinner then get in the tub. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @katmary71- I will not be weighing this week as I will be away.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @morenin I'm so sorry about your cousin. Please do what you need to do and don't worry about weighing in. Just come back when you are ready. HUGS.

@Katmary71 Me too. That's true. I'm sorry you are so flared up. I hope it gets better with the visit to the clinic later this week. Did you see @morenin's post above?

@19shmoo69 I'm sorry you have been sick. I'm glad you are getting better. Yeah, spring is miserable for those with allergies. HAHAHA I can picture you now! :D

Hi all. Doing okay here. Did anyone see this great success story? It took her 10 years to lose her weight but she's at goal now. She's got a lot of great tips: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897432/and-the-tortoise-wins-the-race-10-years-2-months-130-pounds-20-sizes-lost

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I wanted to check in, not that I have much to add. I did see a physical therapist yesterday about an ache I've been having in my shoulder. He specializes in holistic type of massage and healing, and he resolved some of my issues right away. Today I have a few aches where he had to work some muscles that were really tight. I have a workout tonight, so we'll see how it feels then.

Have a great day everyone.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited March 7
    Options
    @ninyagwa i am glad the massage helped out. It is amazing what is present that we do not even recognize is there.
    @TeresaW2024 Coffee is good! Coffee is wise! That is an indirect fictitious quote from somewhere. I just wanted to say coffee since you said coffee.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AmbersWay HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

l90r1jjjmsof.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @ninyagwa It's good to hear from you, even if you don't think you have much to add. That's great that the physical therapist was able to resolve some of your shoulder problem. Have a great day!

@TeresaW2024 I know, right? Awesome. I'm glad your sister is back, can she help with Joe?

@laurelfit57 Yes! I'm glad you've been getting decent sleep. I'm glad the meal service is working out so well. That's good you are stretching it out. That's very responsible of you to keep Vannie home. I hope she gets over it quickly so she can go back to training. That still sounds cold to me, but I'm glad you can think of it as heavenly! :D I hope Time enjoys her walk! Pictures, please!

@AmbersWay Thanks for asking. I am stressed and have a headache and not finding it possible to do any exercise in the morning (this is because of time balance issues as well as sleepiness/generally not wanting to do it). I guess I'll need to put it more exercise on the weekends and if my foot isn't hurting too much, go for walks at work. That emptying the game room project sounds major! 9K steps is awesome, great job! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hi all. I was so tired at work yesterday and had a headache so I went out to my car and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, it was something like 30 minutes later. It did help, though. Although, today, the headache is back albeit in less intensity. I have to rethink the idea of working out in the morning, I just don't see it happening. I'll figure it out.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Sounds like you had a nice time with your sister, those are my favorite times.
    @Katmary71 Way to go with Homework, I tried going back to school and realize I hate homework lol
    @laurelfit57 did you call negative degrees warm? Because if you did I’ll stop complaining about the rain here.
    @AmbersWay That sounds like a big project. I think 9k steps is great, even when I have a workout day, with my job being primarily desk oriented, I don’t usually get more than 7500 steps. Hope the movie was good! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    @trooworld A Nap! I always try to get at least one in during the weekend, but during a work day, I wish. I hope your head is feeling better.
    I did well yesterday with my food, but I’ve been having a hard time focusing at work. I’m thinking that there is just so much to do that sometimes I just freeze and do nothing. I manage a team of Realtors, but it involves a lot of things, like client care, Listing entry, I still do personal assistant stuff for our Team Lead, and I make sure everything is on track, it’s hard to even list it all honestly. I’m hoping today will be productive!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO
    Still needed: @DebJB30
    Reminder of tomorrow's weigh in for my funky friends: @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @TeresaW2024 @buniphuphu @ninyagwa
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Boy sounds like Winners and Safeway had the same idea though Safeway keeps their carts outside the store so it was odd. LOL what the heck you can’t get the cart to the car to unload it! Yeah I definitely know those words you were saying LOL! You sound real good in your post, I’m so happy to hear you feeling better. Very thoughtful of you to stay home with Vannie, hope she’s feeling better soon. Enjoy walking Time tomorrow!

@AmbersWay HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I’m taking a class on grant writing for the charity, there’s 2 lessons a week and the second one took about 10 hours. Definitely check out holistic medicine, I think it looks at the whole person more. The person I’m working with was saying I needed to target nerves in the lower spine and pelvis more but of course NOT on camera! Have a wonderful birthday, how about dancing for 10 minutes instead of riding?

@ninyagwa I didn’t catch you saying “not that I have much to add” until I read it in @trooworld ‘s post. Tthis group reminds me a lot of a healthy version of my grandpa’s coffee group where they’d meet at a restaurant each afternoon for about an hour and chat (minus my grandpa threatening to take it outside and settle it like men). We all take turns needing support and have good and bad times but for the most part we’re being here for each other like a healthy family. I like knowing what you’re trying and hope you get some pain relief with him and it’s definitely SOMETHING to add. LOL that homework is a killer for going back to school, being 52 I can’t remember things like I used to.

@trooworld Oh my goodness you must’ve been real exhausted to fall asleep! I’m glad it helped the headache. Hope it’s gone by tomorrow morning. Hey is it possible to walk on your walking pad while catching up on here? I’m picturing a standing desk so it may not work for typing, just a thought. Those seated pedals would probably work better but was thinking of a way to do both.

@askewcr Wow go you!

@TeresaW2024 LOL okay I’ll let jugar know you’ll be weighing in. I had three messages yesterday so who knows if she got to all of it! Nope I definitely won’t stop loving you with bad weigh-ins. I remember weighing in once and I’d gained 5lbs and was HORRIFIED I’d let the group down and offered to quit. You were so kind to me it meant a lot. Glad you’re feeling better, yep all these plants are blooming stuffing us up! I'd been wondering if your sister still lived with you I'm glad to hear you two had some time together.

Hi friends! My homework took forever, hard to write when you can’t concentrate but I got in it earlier today. I went to the holistic place and did some of the things that are more calming to my body, think I’m starting to pull out of this but it’s going slow. Organized and scheduled our next meeting so it can be in our newspaper article (we have an open free spot each month). Half my tomatoes were looking awful yesterday but all the changes I did (and didn’t do, it offered like 5 opposite things to solve it when I Googled) paid off and they’re all better today thank goodness. I’m going to Mountain Mikes for the board meeting tonight and am planning to have salad, it’s hard to get pizza and not eat a lot when it’s in front of you for a couple hours. Have a great Friday!

No Zero Days
    - Good stretching and light strength training
    - Healthy food
    - Feeling a big better than this morning thank goodness
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay im jealous of your husband getting an entire room for his cave. When we moved into this house I told my wife I was getting a room to decorate my way. She agreed. However it turned out I got one corner in four rooms. Four corners equal one room. It's so not fair because she got the rest of the house. (sigh)
    @trooworld I hope you get to feeling better. Is working out in the evening not an option?
    @askewcr great loss!!!
    @TeresaW2024 I remember when you were captain and you had to deal with me. I was not too nice back then. I apologize. I pray it is allergies. Do you nap when your hubby naps?

Soooooooo, I am feeling better. I think Monday I will start the strength training back in my Fungeon again. I have to ask how everybody knows when the birthdays are? I do not see the dates posted but then I see the birthday wishes. Tomorrow will be the ice breaker question as today just flew by me.
This discussion has been closed.