WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Today started off as a great day...until my allergies hit me full blown. My throat is on fire, I keep sneezing and sound like a frog.

jmib1zbkj8ug.jpg
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Last Thursday weigh in 166.1
    Today's weigh in 165.7

Thank you all for the encouragement and tips to turn my thinking around. <3
    did a 10 minute office worker stretch video this morning - 2 mornings in a row...working on that habit forming!

Are you sure there is not a typo? I have last weigh-in (2 weeks ago) as 175.1 :grey_question:

omg...it was not a lie - it was WISHFUL THINKING - of course it was a 7 and not a 6. :# I'm losing my mind.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak so glad to get the numbers straightened out! And you are doing well this month even if it is a bit wobbly. Keep on dreaming! You're getting there. Good decision on the job - the initial learning period will be stressful, but growing into a new role is exciting. Good stress! Not to mention getting off the desk. Great move.

I had, slightly unexpectedly, a good day. I did not have time to put in my lovely list this morning, but all the boxes were ticked even though I had a lot of running around to do, and a long rehearsal. I discovered that the superpower of being late is that there is no time to stop in somewhere and pick up a snack just because there is a bit of hunger. I was between 1 minute and 1 hour late for everything today (which is not like me at all!) so I managed to get home without having consumed a single extra thing. Supper was great :smiley: I got my Pilates done this morning, and used my 2 trips down and up our crazy hill in the even crazier blowing freezing snow to really push the cardio. I'll still get on the exercise bike this evening to watch an episode of something.

It was seriously wintry today. Except that it was light until after 7 pm!!! ☀
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Much better day today. Eating was pretty good, up until dinner which was kind of basic and lacking in veggies/nutrients. I did get a long walk in, which felt pretty good, and even jogged a bit at the end. It was pretty cold and windy out. I am considering trying to snowboard on Saturday, since some of the Maine and New Hampshire slopes are getting a nice chunk of snow right now! I'm really not ready for springtime yet so I have to hold onto winter.
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone 😊

CW 241.2lbs 🫣

This month is total write off for me 😢
    First of all it's gone so quickly! I cannot believe soon will be end of March! How's that possible? 🤷

So much to catch up with 🥰

Have a lovely weekend everyone 🎉
  • Kali225
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 253.2
    CW: 256.9

Wuh wuh - long walk yesterday couldn't make up for a weekend of drinking and deep dish, but I think it could have been worse. I am also out of town next Wednesday through Sunday and will be surrounded by favorite hometown bites, so I'll have to be on my guard. Hopefully I can get some good meal prep in place for this Sunday to Wednesday.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday! brrrrrrrr So cold this morning, but at least the sun is shining brightly. Here's my day plan -

My mood is fizzy and a bit overloaded - there are things I want to do, things I should do that I know I will enjoy but I just want to stay home. I'll figure it out...
    Today, I need to address the project I am thinking about but not yet really working on. It's time to add some people to the conversation, but I am resisting for some reason.
    I do not want to get stuck at my computer. Tomorrow will be a better day for sitting there - it will be snowing hard and I will stay home.
    I absolutely will do my 3 kinds of exercise.
    I refuse to buy the awesome ginger cookies. They are calling, and I am not answering.
    My one piece of advice for myself is doing all the things today will make tomorrow a peaceful day off.
    My one tip for others is to spend some time just thinking.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well....my throat is scratchy, eyes itchy, and now I can add a blocked ear to my symptoms 🤧 took some allergy meds today and will take a bunch tonight so hopefully I can get some sleep before my 5k tomorrow! What a terrible tims to have my allergies act up.

@Kali225 hopefully you can get some more snowboarding in this weekend!

@eggfreak that soup looks delicious!
  • Kali225
    Options
    the weather has forced my hand - it will probably be awesome conditions this weekend but I do not trust my car on the roads when it is actually snowing hard. alas, good motivation to replace my tires this weekend instead!

I have logged off work. Still later than I wanted but ready to slide into the weekend with some Parks & Rec bingeing. TGIF, Waistaways!
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready for Saturday and wrapping up Week 3? Here we go:
    @bowens1973
    @wishfuljune
    @micki48
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @ChelleChelle1031

Thanks!
  • ChelleChelle1031
    ChelleChelle1031 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @jugar

PW 214.9
    CW 213.8
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    PW=80,2Kg
    CW=79,2Kg
  • jugar
    Options
    Saturday is as snowy as predicted. I did not get all the things done yesterday that I wanted to do, but understood that I was tired. It is always hard for me to figure out that I am tired! I just think I'm feeling lazy or unmotivated - usually I am full of energy (sometimes too full) so it takes a while to figure it out when that energy is low. So yesterday I took it easy. Exercise was stretching and walking. Much reading and sitting about was had.

Today! Not going anywhere - too snowy. I would like to go play with Jasper, but the road conditions on back roads on a weekend will be dreadful. I'll see if it clears a bit later, but he will probably just have to put up with a day inside. I'll make sure the owners throw him into the indoor arena for a while to run around, though!

Today, I need to address indoor life. I started my eggplants and peppers this morning :smiley:
    I do not want all the extra stuff in my life.
    I absolutely will do my strength workout and practice.
    I refuse to worry about not spending enough time with my horse.
    My one piece of advice for myself is to get out in the snow.
    My one tip for others is have a great Saturday!
  • jugar
    Options
    PW=80,2Kg
    CW=79,2Kg

A whole kilo! Great week :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Even though I felt like death this morning and officially feel worse now...I did my 5k this morning! It was cold, windy, and misting the whole time. My lungs hate me, my nose is running like a faucet, but I did it 2.5 minutes faster than last time! That was my goal, to beat last year's time 😄🤒
    ns23zbd2ufdq.jpg26da57t9ex0e.jpgjk24ty0l9zg3.jpg

You are a beast! Fantastic job - and beating your time from last year in spite of several mutinies from your body and the weather is nothing short of stupendous! Woo hoo!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon WaistAways!

CW: 181.8

I saw 180 this week, too bad. I will be in Japan!! For the next two weigh ins, so please put me on the sidelines until April 13th, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.