Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 138.6
    CW 139.7
    Ugh!! I wish I could alter this yoyo pattern I seem to be stuck in.If I lost just a pound a week consistently I would reach my goal in 9 weeks.So I'm going to try a few different things to make it happen.🤞if anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them.
    Have a great Saturday all ❤️
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    My steps
    3/20 18,157
    3/21 21,255
    3/22. 16,873
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    alleykat69
    weigh in: Saturday
    PW: 201.9
    CW: 201.6

I went up to 204.4 this week by Wednesday, but managed to lose that and a few more ounces. I'm disappointed and proud of myself all in one. If I didn't gain any weight this week, I would have lost a good bit. Better next week.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited March 23
    Options
    Hi Shape Shifters! I haven’t been doing well with my weight loss; but, I’ve been paying attention to other areas of life that I want to improve. So, my focus is a bit dispersed. I don’t view it as a set back as long as I can maintain my ‘minimum habits’ (See link in follow up post below). However, I’ve moved out of the recommended range for a ‘normal’ BMI’ so I need to dedicate more effort to staying within my daily targets and exercise commitments.

@izzyred9400 - I can identify with your struggle and, in some ways, I think the ups and downs describe ’maintenance,’ but it should feel easier— more natural and less like work! I wish I had tips for you but I’m still learning through “trial and error” until I can build daily habits and behavior patterns that I can live with longterm.

My pattern seems to be small, incremental gain, that comes with adding a couple hundred calories to my diet. So, I’ll need to adhere to tracking calories more strictly. I’ve been injured and took a break from my workout routine but I’m slowly getting better. This week, I’m going to attend every planned workout session, even if I modify the exercises or just stretch. Sometimes I think I’ll catch up on work by skipping a workout but that’s not usually the case. In the end, exercise and daily movement give me energy and force me to be more efficient. I think it helps increase my focus because it clears my head, etc.

I’ll try to post short messages here and stay engaged with the group. I haven’t had time to catch up on all the posts but I’m thinking of our team members who are facing challenges and adversity. Feel free to add me to your ‘friend’ list and send me a direct message if you are seeking extra support.

@CasandraW - I’m sending encouragement during this difficult waiting period and wish you the best through your treatment and recovery. We’re here for our team members in all areas of health and wellness, beyond the F2F challenge. If we think about it, everything, and everyone, is really interconnected anyway —

I’m glad to see you’re healing well and staying so committed to your physical therapy and recovery process @Armygirlarmyof1 — great work! 👍🏼

Best wishes everyone! 🤜🤛
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Here’s a community conversation that I refer to often about planning for varying levels or phases of energy and commitment available to us as our schedule changes, etc. —

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787818/minimum-basic-and-preferred-habits#latest

Please forgive the repetition if you’ve seen this before — my apologies to longtime Shape Shifters!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Well, hey y'all...woke up not feeling very well this morning...got up and did a few things around the house...made myself presentable (Saturday presentable that is...) and ate a little something (leftovers)...had an appointment to get an eye exam (can't believe I waited FOUR years since the last one, but if you remember, COVID happened and we all stayed home...still feel like I lost a couple of years there...it's insane), but I digress...in any case, no major changes, just a little stronger on my bifocal section of the lens. Going to try and find a good deal with a discount on Progressive lenses...but we'll see...the gentleman who helped me sign in and check out at the location I went to, was really nice and went out of his way to answer my questions...he told me most of his family is outside of the area, so if I come back in late April, he'll give me his friends/family certificate and I can get up to 50% off a pair! Very nice guy...even gave me a couple of good recommendations for restaurants in that area, which is outside of my normal area of town. Really enjoyed talking with him. The eye doctor gave me a good recommendation for a safe eye drop for allergies, so need to pick that up. For some reason, my old prescription for Patanol is no longer covered by my insurance and it's crazy expensive, so this is an OTC med that is comparable. Will need to pick that up soon. Anyway, looking forward to getting new glasses soon. KNEW it was overdue because have found myself taking my glasses off to read and do any sort of close-up work...LOL!

So, after that outing, I'm feeling a little better. Came straight home and am gonna relax the rest of the day because it's drizzling here anyway...yucky day to be out and about...still it was nice to go out and peruse at a snail's pace...not having to rush anywhere.

Hope you're all having a great Caturday!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 226
    CW 226.4
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Happy saturday everyone!

Here is my saturday morning weigh in.

188.4 lbs

Today we are BACK in the winter in montreal. The ground is covered in snow. I'm planning to get back into running outdoors and I thought this weekend would have been perfect, then mother nature throws us a curveball.

I'm headed to the gym right now. I'll try to do a treadmill workout and some leg exercises.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited March 23
    Options
    4id6ion7b5op.jpg
    Missing 5 weigh ins from this week:

@FWSWCindy
    @Zaxa2021
    @pedal__power
    @cre804
    @Tomsgal1985

Please report in ASAP! Thanks!

Jessica
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Fri(Wk3; Day 6)
    • Track / Under / 20min Exercise?
      N / N / Y
    Thu(Wk3; Day 5)
    • Track / Under / 20min Exercise?
      Y / Y / Y
    As of Day 6:
    • Net Calories (10982 / 10500)
      ❌✅✅✅✅❌🔘
      = Daily Avg: 1830 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs (590 / 350)
      ❌❌✅✅✅❌🔘
      = Daily Avg: 98 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps (48283 / 70000)
      ❌❌✅❌❌❌🔘
      = Daily Avg: 8047 (Goal: 10000)

(End of day Notes)
    • Friday
      ~ Husband ordered a steak sub from Hungry Howie’s and I thought I had such a fail proof plan in place. While he waited for his delivery I made myself a little keto pizza but I ended up burning it!🙄 Ultimately I ended up eating the other half of his sub with some Cajun seasoned Howie bread. Man it was good though! I had not regrets until getting on the scale this morning.. ouch!
    • Thursday
      ~ I ate when I wasn’t hungry and I think I forgot to track something somewhere. Otherwise this gain doesn’t really make sense. Yesterday’s weight did keep fluctuating even after I changed out the batteries. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I need a new scale because it’s been doing that aloe lately.
      ~ Nothing going on this weekend so I should get allot of treadmill steps in.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    About the card... "An easy way" ~ just learn a new language or an instrument! Yeah, sure. Very easy. :neutral:

Right?! 🤣😂🤣

My son is teaching me to play the guitar and I’m taking forever to learn the chords. I’ll be surprised if playing a song is even in my future!

I found this video inspiring in terms of what’s possible though —

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The March Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Mar 24th. Join us for the Spring Cleaning Time Challenge (a creative adventure)! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912206/march-week-4-group-challenge-spring-cleaning-time-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,602 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    bpmor6kav0qa.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    My steps
    3/23 15,450
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 3/22: 10,490
    Sat 3/23: 10,409
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hey Y'all, hope you're having a great Sunday! I'm trying to rest, but as I pass things in my house, I find more that I need to do!! Guess I should just STOP LOOKING, huh?! LOL I'm going to lie down and read for a bit in a few minutes.

Just a quick request...now that I have switched to announcing our top three walkers each week, I really need to announce on Sundays/Mondays for the prior week, so for all my step challenge participants, please plan on reporting your steps on Sundays for the prior few days of the week just past, so that I can announce our winners in a timely manner. I would really appreciate your help with that. Now if you're out of town for the weekend, of course, I realize you might not be able to do so...thanks for the willingness to try!

Last few days here in Virginia have been rainy and rather dismal, but today, everything cleared off and the sun is shining it's butt off! LOL It's a little cooler than I would like, but at least it's drying things out! I'm not going out...I know it's going to be a crazy week at work, so I'm staying home, accomplishing some cleaning and laundry and getting some rest. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

If you haven't done so, take a look at this week's group challenge...it could be a fun, creative and different than the usual challenge...take a peek! Link was posted last night, so look above at the top of this page and you'll find it. Would love to see you in the chat thread there...we have a great time on our challenges and it's one more opportunity to give you extra support.

Take care,
    Jessica :blush:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Steps
    3/22 3,534
    3/23 6,634
This discussion has been closed.