Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
edited March 31 in Social Groups
p0ktnwmdxo2t.png
Here is your Team chat room for March 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - open
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The March challenge runs for four weeks, from March 3 - 30.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce yourselves right away, and let the March begin!

Replies

• pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 209.4
    CW 208.2

Happy Friday and beginning of March! I haven't been able to post much lately. Our family and my work schedule has kept me busy the past month. I'm still coaching hockey and it's another tournament weekend. Hockey coaching wraps up at the end of the month.

My Fitbit Luxe has been dying since last Fall and crashing constantly since they sent out an update in November. It crashes every time it goes into workout mode, which is super annoying for trying to track activity. I called their customer support and didn't really get anywhere with fixes for it. It's only a couple years old and I'm feeling a little bit done with Fitbit since Google took over and took away some of the fun badges/challenges plus a few other annoying things. So I did a quick search around of other fitness trackers in my budget and have ordered a Garmin Venu Sq 2! It should arrive early next week and I'm really looking forward to checking it out and getting back to tracking and having some fun with it! @jessicalkrall8 @frankwbrown @izzyred9400, am I recalling that you all are Garmin users? Anyone else?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are Garmin users. You can create a Garmin account at https://connect.garmin.com now. You needn't wait until you have your device. You'll then be able to start browsing the many challenges you can join. Some badges are automatic, i.e. there is no challenge to join - e.g. Getting Started, Saddle Up, Beat yesterday!, On Fire, Shooting for the Stars, etc.
    When you've created your account, let me/us know and we'll send a connect request. :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    vwh7fq0g3nrm.jpg

FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or Pupowl) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if no explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple! Please be aware though, you're making a commitment to post your steps every 2-3 days, which helps the Captains keep the stats caught up. If you're not willing to do this, please do not sign up. (THANKS!!)

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. Enjoy your weekend. I Have caught a cold
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you @Cyncia85 and glad to hear you're coming to the end of the semester and will get a bit of a break! I know you're excited to be officially done. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy some down time. Now that you'll be able to breathe, I know we'll see more of you! WIN WIN!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    For anyone looking for a longer challenge - we are running a F2F version of "75 Hard" open to everyone from all the teams. It is really 75 hard-medium-or easy! 75 days of commitment and consistency from March 3 - May 17. If you'd like to give it a go, here's the thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910763/75-hard-medium-easy-challenge-march-3-may-17#latest
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    If we zoom out from our individual experiences, it becomes obvious how interconnected and interdependent we are. From the train drivers who make it possible for us to get to work, to the coffee pickers in countries we'll never visit who make our morning caffeine routine possible, the more we look, the more we see that our lives rely on hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions, of other people around the globe. Try sending a silent "Thank you" next time you take a sip of coffee or step off a train- you'll find that cultivating small moments of appreciation will fill your heart and brighten your day.

09uyiok1kyzz.jpg
    dr8nk86a2ws8.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @abowersgirl We are missing your weigh in for this week. Please check in if you want to stay on the team! <3
This discussion has been closed.