Wed 3/6: 15,810
    Thu 3/7: 11,258
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 208.2
    CW 209.4

I had a good week of exercise, getting in two weight workouts, two hockey sessions and a lot of walking. I also feel that I did fairly well eating and got back to three full days of nutrition tracking...better than none!

I'm still getting my new Garmin set up but so far am loving the detailed exercise tracking. For the first time in a long time I was able to see what my max heart rate and effort was looking like during hockey, which was very cool. It doesn't seem as generous with steps as the Fitbit was. For example, it doesn't record steps on the indoor bike. I also love that it is way more detailed for my indoor rowing workouts! And the battery is lasting way longer. So far so good! I am set up with an account but haven't looked into how to find and connect with people.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,668 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    @frankwbrown Thank you! I thought it was funny that it looked like a levitating bird. :smiley: Did you see the 75 hard/medium/soft challenge that is currently going for all groups? Maybe hopping onto that will also help you refocus a bit. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910763/75-hard-medium-easy-challenge-march-3-may-17/p1
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    March Week 1 Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday – 6,640
    Monday – 10,141
    Tuesday – 11,611
    Wednesday – 10,326
    Thursday – 11,278
    Friday –
    Saturday –
    Weekly total =
    Weekly 1 Daily average =
    March Daily Average =
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    My steps
    3/3 8,407
    3/4 17,786
    3/5 11,593
    3/6 14,495
    3/7 19,424
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - Hello Jessica! Happy to be back -thanks for the welcoming. I had mentioned before when I had dropped off the group over a year ago that I was doing a lot of work-related studying on top of long work hours+ some life transitions happening (moved my family)... Today, I'm in a much better place (a little less overwhelmed) and feel like i can start to focus on myself again.

-- I was in Minneapolis last July (my work flew me out for a conference), and you actually came to mind as you've mentioned, in the past, that your home-place is known as MinneSNOWta -- luckily it was absolutely gorgeous when i visited - perfect weather.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @FWSWCindy -- Messi! My favorite soccer player :D:+1:

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,291 Member
    Options
    @frankbrown -- That's how they make pancakes in Japan too! :D They call them souffle pancakes I think. But they're light and fluffy and kinda jiggle and are really cool.

I went for a bike ride today and it was really nice. Not many people out. A few kids trying to learn to ride bikes on the trail and a dog or two is all. The elk bulls were near the road showing off -- I really believe they know. They know everyone is going to stop and go, "oooh awwww" and take their photo. They seem to situate themselves for photos in the park. ;-P The ego on them bachelors must be immense. Good day today! :+1:

My brother and sister-in-law have been to Japan several times, each time spending several weeks teaching "conversational English". They have a lot of stories of those trips. I don't know if they encountered these souffle pancakes at the time, but I'd like to surprise them with some for brunch one day. So now, I'm already looking at recipes for Japanese souffle pancakes, which I'll try out next Friday (if and only if I manage to lose some weight this week).
  • Pupowl
    edited March 9
    Options
    Friday ~ March 08
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Another chilly morning here which was great for my walk. I decided to do the same walk as Thursday when I got wet feet and figure out the alternative route. The other trail was a little longer and much more fun so I plan to keep taking that route in the future as well. I stumbled upon a small group of roedeer which was cool. Lots of bird song, but most of them didn't feel like showing themselves this time.
    I looked online to see where I could donate my clothes and I found a place in town. They run a small 'store' for low income people or people who have a lot of debt so they can shop for free. I thought that was nicer than just dumping it at the thrift store so I dropped off the clothes and an unused pair of sandals in the afternoon. I was a bit slow to get started, but I managed to get all the cleaning done I had planned for the day. Vacuumed everywhere, mopped, did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Busy busy.
    :star: walk, good sleep & food, more cleaning & donated clothes :star:
    :heartbreak: nothing! :heartbreak:
    Happy Saturday everyone <3
    7etbgv2zq9kx.jpg
    u4z00m9s9e3t.jpg
    or6jbr303c2i.jpg
    qtkubxuz12ri.jpg
    8ypxp9h6q91e.jpg
    c1ihs895ceuf.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    Accepting yourself is crucial to finding peace with all aspects of your personality. Remember that every human being in this world is different, and no two faces, bodies or minds are the same. Make a list of all of the diverse aspects that you appreciate about the people in your life, then do the same for yourself. Some examples might relate to passions, beliefs, talents or personalities. These variables are what make human beings, including yourself, interesting and unique.

hxob2widyvju.jpg

• bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW:193.8
    CW: 194.2

Please excuse me from weighing in next week, I'll be on vacation.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8 you are not letting anyone down at all.Youre just having a bad time at the moment.We all have times when the stress builds up & things that we usually had control over have taken a back seat.You do so much for the team & support all of us.Just be kind to yourself & don't beat yourself up.It is a struggle to maintain healthy habits & I know you don't want to go back to that place again.Just take some time for YOU,don't worry about what you've done.Tomorrow is another day,make a list of small steps you can do now & just do one step at a time.
    Take care my friend 🧡
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 197.5
    CW 200.5

I have no idea how that happened. All I can think is that I’m retaining water from strenuous workouts this week.
This discussion has been closed.