WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• tlcjen12
    tlcjen12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi my name is jen i was told i was in this challenge but it says march. i wanted to joint the april challenge. can someone help me with this.

thank you
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 431 Member
    edited March 26
    Options
    @tlcjen12 and @trudy_eh welcome

@micki48 thoughts are with you. Great job and finding a way to release that stress

@Gidgitgoescrzy gosh can't say I've seen a bridge hit by a ship - that's nuts

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    tlcjen12 wrote: »
    hi my name is jen i was told i was in this challenge but it says march. i wanted to joint the april challenge. can someone help me with this.

thank you

Hi Jen, Welcome to the team. We are still in March, April will begin on Sunday, they added you early so you can see how it works, get a chance to interact with the team, so you are ready to dive right in when the new month starts. :smiley:

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Greetings Friends!

@lauren_989 I do hope you feel better soon. And I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. Sounds like a nasty chest infection - has your doc prescribed anything for you? Get well soon.

@Gidgitgoescrzy the collapse of the Baltimore Bridge was on the news today. It was horrendous watching the container ship hit the bridge. I do hope they manage to retrieve everyone who went into the water.

@micki48 I know that things look pretty bleak at the moment, but Spring is on its way, and everything takes on a new shiny lustre in Spring. And you'll be able to look at yourself in a less harsh light and take the small steps you need to, to give yourself a little grace. You're amazing, Michelle!

Tomorrow I'm hosting my first webinar, so I have spent the last few days preparing it. I have promised myself a walk round the block when it's over though! Followed by a late lunch.

Goodnight all

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    @tlcjen12 Welcome! I know it seems weird to join in the team chat before the new month officially begins, but it is good to get to know you and for you to see who is already in the team. We usually get a new member or 2 every month, so don't hesitate to ask all the questions you may have. Tell us a bit about you, too! I hope this team is helpful to you, and that you have a great time with us.

@lauren_989 So sorry you're still feeling yucky. The best thing I have ever tried for post-nasal drip and any other sinus issues (especially allergies) is the neti pot. You can get one at any pharmacy - the company is NeilMed. Be sure to get the blue pot and some packets of the salt mix that you use with it, not the pre-made single use containers. All the instructions for how to use it are in the package, or on their website at neilmed.com Hopefully it will give you some relief. Whenever I get blocked up ears I use it, but just generally I try to use it every day. I am convinced it helps rinse out the bad germs and makes it harder to catch things :smiley: That might be wishful thinking, but I know it helps keep things clear and hydrates the nasal passages in a good way. In any case, I hope you feel better soon!
  • jugar
    Options
    Here comes Wednesday! Let's get up to date:

@CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Two nights in a row where insomnia has hit by 3 a.m. Ack!!!

@Gidgitgoescrzy what a terrible thing that happened in your city.. I wasn't aware until I saw it on a TV that happened to be on last night. Looked absolutely terrifying.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    PW 149.8
    CW 148.6

Not bad for a week, where I've been quite the slug. I think this means I made it green all month, I've NEVER done that !

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    PW 149.8
    CW 148.6

Not bad for a week, where I've been quite the slug. I think this means I made it green all month, I've NEVER done that !

Superb !
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,131 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have a new member joining your amazing team ..Please welcome @RachelSibiya1 :)
  • jugar
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy and @StayFITTer ! Our first completely Green March people so far :smiley: You took that green stuff to the top! Well done.

@RachelSibiya1 Welcome! Please introduce yourself, let us know what you're hoping for and how it's going, where you live (if you are comfortable with that) and all the things we can help you out with. Ask questions, dive right in, and you'll be ready to roll when the April challenge officially starts on Sunday.

I'm off to another pretty busy day - did tons of housework this morning (tall guy's asthma acting up, so lots of vacuuming has been the order of the day), have a good long rehearsal this afternoon, and right now is workout time. Back later!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have been unintentionally M.I.A. this week! So sorry I kept my radiant presence from you for so long! :wink:

We finally got all moved out of the old house this past weekend. I moved almost everything from the shed by myself on Friday. I also took my mom out to run errands. Then, Saturday, the OH and I got the last of the items I couldn't move by myself from the shed. After that, we both crashed at the new house. I took a four hour nap AND still went to bed for a full night of sleep at 8pm or so.

Sunday, we spent the first part of the day unpacking the new house. Then we drove in the snow to the store for extra organizing things. Later in the day we saw the new Ghostbusters at the theater. We came home so that I could meal prep (grilled chicken, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and kale) my lunches for the week.

Monday and Tuesday went by in a blur, but I finally had a chance to talk with my work partner about all the things I need in my job to feel content. We had a good conversation about all of it and today I feel some changes starting to happen. I cannot believe it is Wednesday already!

I forgot to weigh-in today, so I will try to remember tomorrow. I'm not expecting green, but hoping the red isn't too crimson :#

@Gidgitgoescrzy - I saw the barge into the bridge accident yesterday. How scary! I am sad some people were lost and I hope you and your city can start healing soon. <3

I read through the 72 missed posts pretty quickly, but here are the highlights I picked up on: @lauren_989 - you are a rockstar! Doing that race in a faster time while you were dealing with allergies is incredible! @jugar - a FOOT of snow?!? I couldn't do it. You are brave. We got an inch or two that melted quickly and it almost put me in tears :D ... Welcome to our new members! ... @micki48 - I'm sorry things have been hard lately, but your strong. I know you can get through anything!

I know there's more, but I need to log off. I will update step counts tomorrow with my weigh-in.

• jugar
    Options
    I thought I felt a glow as my screen was coming back to life - it was you @MaddawgMadsen ! I have indeed missed your radiance ✨ The final stages of moving sound so exhausting and so wonderful at the same time. What a feat - you deserve all the naps! And time off from our gabfest :wink:
  • jugar
    Options
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    PW: 172.2
    CW: 173.0

Now that the moving is done, I thought I would have a better week. Not yet. I was still falling into bad coping habits this last week. This puts it into perspective for me though. My OH and I have a family reunion in three weeks and then a wedding in eight weeks. I have time to turn this around, especially before the wedding and I am going to.

Friday, March 22 - 13,374 steps, 1 hour of spin class
    Saturday, March 23 - 4,095 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Sunday, March 24 - 5.469 steps
    Monday, March 25 - 2,426 steps (I very badly bruised my toe the night before, I thought it was broken by how bad it hurt)
    Tuesday, March 26 - 4,059 steps (the toe was still hurting quite a bit)
    Wednesday, March 27 - 5,785 steps, bowling league, three games - I probably had over 6,000, but I took my watch off a couple times yesterday and for a while each time.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen - hope the changes at work stick good to hear they are listening. I know it's been a rough patch with you for a while. Great job on the move

@Gidgitgoescrzy amazing progress this month

Anyone planning for Easter? I picked up some easter treats for my daughters easter hunt and planning a brunch with my family for Sunday. The weather is not wanting to stay consistent as yesterday it was sunny and warm and today it's cloudy and snowing. Guess that's what Alberta spring brings us.

I'm looking forward to April. I have some goals planned as I'll have some more free time now that I'm completing this course in a few weeks. Plan for this weekend includes some good walks outside with the dog, family time and getting some good sleep.
  • RachelSibiya1
    RachelSibiya1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm here for the April Challenge.
    My name is Rachel, and I am from South Africa. I currently weigh 97.6 kg/ 215.17lb and I am hoping to get down to 55kg/ 121lbs by the end of the year through healthy and consistent habits. I'm grateful for the support and challenge a group like this will provide.
    Excited to start!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    on time this week
    CW 174.7
This discussion has been closed.