WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 732 Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    I got inspired by our weekly step challenge and I created an opportunity to support people with their daily step goal in the month of April.

It’s on the Stridekick app and it’s a tool I use to help hold me accountable to average 7,000-10,000+ steps a day (but you CAN go lower than that if that’s your goal!). Most wearable device fitness tracker can join/use the app.

The point of the challenge is for you to set your daily goal and strive to meet it each day. You get a chance to see how you rank amongst your peers, but the true win/ goal is to stay active and consistently meet your goals.

It’s free. But only 9 slots available. If this sounds interesting sign up today and be ready to go on Monday, April 1st!

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=9G7YXY

Rooting for us all!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm here for the April Challenge.
    My name is Rachel, and I am from South Africa. I currently weigh 97.6 kg/ 215.17lb and I am hoping to get down to 55kg/ 121lbs by the end of the year through healthy and consistent habits. I'm grateful for the support and challenge a group like this will provide.
    Excited to start!
    Welcome! It is exciting to have a member from South Africa - we have one other Southern Hemisphere resident from Brazil, the rest are scattered around in Europe and North America, so we will always have the challenge of you being in opposite seasons, and you will always get to the new day before everyone else on the team :smiley:

Feel free to weigh in kg - I just enter a formula that "translates" into pounds, since that is the way the group was set up originally. You have a strong goal for this year - and we will do our best to cheer you on, and to help out when things get hard.

Be sure to drop in often! It makes a big difference to keep the team in your daily life as you're navigating this effort. It is hard! But together, we do better.
  • jugar
    Options
    @StayFITTer Great idea about the stridekick app! I am sure that will help give some extra motivation and fun. I should have been on there today - I took a long walk in the woods here, and ended up off of our land and completely lost for a while! I really added on a lot of steps, I'm sure :grimace: I did finally go back to the highest point on our land and went back down to the house by a more certain route instead of trying out a "different" way. :lol:
  • jugar
    Options
    We have one more new member! @girlhitchhiker has hitched a ride with us :smiley: Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • jugar
    Options
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,892 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy I enjoyed reading some of your posts. And admire your passion. I am still doing the FitOn. Been constantly doing them since December. Keep going
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    PW: 196.2
    CW: 196.6

Good week of workouts, not a great week for snacking after dinner.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    @StayFITTer

I've joined.. thanks for setting it up!!

@MaddawgMadsen

Glad the move is behind you.. moving is such a big job. We moved almost yearly as a kid and the thought just exhausts me.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 242.0
    Challenging week - between a business trip and being laid up with a knee injury (slipped on ice on a downtown city sidewalk that wasn't well maintained - No Ashley, it had nothing to do with a poor choice of foot wear! 😞) I struggled this week.
  • trudy_eh
    trudy_eh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been doing my best to get and keep my eating in control-now to keep the motivation going! Grateful for this group!

Happy Easter weekend to all!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning WA's... you have a new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @eavdic188 :)
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So many new people! I love this!! Welcome!

Seeing the scale creep back up a little and my clothes not fitting as loose as they had been, I am hands down dedicated to getting to the next decade before the wedding at the end of May, possibly as soon as the family reunion in three weeks. My goals are to start getting back to the gym at least 3-4 times/week, keep my complex carb intake to just rice and quinoa, and no alcohol. Putting it into writing is so easy, living it day-to-day can be so hard. But, that's why we're here, right?
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, I am off to have a relaxing weekend, and to start exercising, I have about 6.5 weeks.

Have a great weekend !
  • eavdic188
    eavdic188 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys !

I just joined this team for the April challenge

How does it work ? Where do we post our weigh ins?
  • jugar
    Options
    eavdic188 wrote: »
    Hey guys !

I just joined this team for the April challenge

How does it work ? Where do we post our weigh ins?

Welcome @eavdic188 !! It is great to have you along. This chat thread is the place for all postings of weigh-ins, exercise/steps or whatever else you might want to track, and (of course!) to chat. I am just about to set up the April team chats, and the very first message there will outline how everything works. But asking here is great too!

Tell us about you - where you are from (if you want to share that), how your weight-loss journey is going, what you love to do -- all the things :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen @Gidgitgoescrzy I'm loving your deadlines! Sometimes they are great for keeping up the inspiration and getting things done. It's easy to do the hard things when there is a not-too-far-off goal.

Everyone - what do you do to set that kind of "within sight" goal when you don't have an upcoming hiking vacation or a big event to inspire you? Any good tips to keep the inspiration going?
  • jugar
    Options
    The April team chat is open! Please continue weigh-ins and other stats here through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month for (re)introductions and to set goals, commitments, and things you want to try:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912618/waistaways-team-chat-april-2024/p1?new=1
  • jugar
    Options
    While you're setting up for April, the new habit tracker is up too! Here are the instructions and the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912625/habit-tracker-april-2024#latest

For our new people, this is an easy tool to track up to 5 small actions that you want to make daily. Going in there and hitting the check mark is sometimes all the motivation it takes to do the thing!

The link directly to the tracking spreadsheet itself is here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-decIdxiSplF6JaSEWMmgtqnTlh00oPvwKPTsv7nyPg/edit?usp=sharing
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    Week 3 (Mar 17-23) step competition
    Together our 6 steppers took 445,979 steps.

Top consistent steppers for week 3
    #1 @StayFITTer 105,581 steps (7/7 days hitting target)
    #2 @MaddawgMadsen 89,856 steps (7/7 days hitting target)
    #3 @zankash23 78,363 steps (7/7 days hitting target)

Top 3 ladder up steppers for week 3
    @YinxFed 82% increase over week 2
    @MaddawgMadsen 43% increase over week 2
    @StayFITTer 9% increase over week 2
  • jugar
    Options
    OK folks! Here come the last weigh-ins for this month:

overdue:
    @CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells

Still due Friday/today: