Replies

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 248.5
    CW:248

I've got to keep it moving. I can do this!!
    Let's go get it! B)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,999 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice breaker question

What is a food combination people eat or drink that you just can’t get behind? (For example, dipping french fries in Frosties.)

This is probably a very regional thing, but it's called poutine. It's french fries, with cheese curds, smothered in brown gravy.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 266
    CW: 267
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 241.8
    CW: 242.0

+0.2 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay just do what you can. We are happy to see you post! :D

@Katmary71 Thank you! I bet you will be glad when the class is done, eh? I hope you are feeling better today. I hope your appointment goes well.

@AustinRuadhain Thanks, it wasn't (surprisingly)! It only took 1 hr 10 mins to get home. I look forward to seeing what you did to make it more adventuresome.

@19shmoo69 Ooh I have a recipe for pickle dip that I want to try. What do you dip in the pickle dip? Wow, I am shook that you can't drink iced coffee!!!

@askewcr Way to go!

Thursday Ice breaker question: this is a hard one for me because I eat a lot of different foods (except raw onions and rutabagas). And I have, in the past, dipped my french fries in frosties, applesauce and other weird stuff lol. Oh I know: You all know I live in Southern California. I live about 15 minutes from the US-Mexican border. As such, there are a lot of food and beverages that cross the border. I can't stand this Mexican beer cocktail called Michelada, which is really popular here. It has clamato juice in it (which has clam juice and tomato juice) and other stuff yuck. Here is a recipe, if you want to see the other ingredients or what it looks like: https://houseofyumm.com/michelada/

@laurelfit57 Because there are people coming down from Los Angeles for the weekend and going to LA for the weekend on Thursdays. Fridays, people take off lol. At least that's my theory! :D Oh gosh, I'm sorry about the weather turning on you. I hope you have a great few days.

Hi all. I work from home today. I have a lot to do. I am signing up to volunteer at the humane society for 2 hours on the weekends. No plans for tonight, it's supposed to rain starting late tonight through the weekend.

No Zero Days: Tracked, only ate snacks I planned.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 trivia sounds like fun. I could use a game night. I hope your tea and rest have you feeling better. Thanks for reminding me that I have stuck it out while managing chaos.

@19shmoo69 pickle dip sounds good!

@AustinRuadhain I have been avoiding grocery shopping. I go once a month for the extras and send someone for the daily needs. It helps.

@laurelfit57 send me your snow! I need more cold weather in my life. 😂

@trooworld that drink sounds less than desirable and I am someone who likes weird combos.

Question of the day..a combo I can’t get behind battered and fried junk food.

Well my appt showed that my labs for my heart and sugar are good. My 24 monitor was also ok. He’s waiting for me to see neurology (which I know has its issues, I saw my results already) and see if they say it’s related. As long as my heart is ticking well, I feel relief. Also, every dr tells me to reduce my stress 😳 I am a mom, please tell me how to do that? My kids are great but daily keeping up can be hard.

So, I am really trying to fix some of my diet issues. Today I started with warm water with lemon and honey. Omelette. Coffee with a bit of pure maple syrup (no white sugar, baby steps) and 2 cups of water.

My kids are cooking lunch today so I will have some pasta but have a salad prepped to have first.

I may try to sit on my bike for some minutes too.

Have a great day.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I’m not sure if the turmeric is helping but it might be. I know for the first time since I damaged the tendons, it’s starting to feel a little better. :)

@laurelfit57 Ty is so cute! I love her two different colored eyes. Is that common with her breed? :)

@trooworld Oh yeah, trash trucks are the worst. We don’t even try to stop her from barking her little head off. :D I am sure the Humane Society will be happy to have your help. That is very kind of you. :)

@AmbersWay Stopping sugar is hard, but I’m right there with you and need to stop it too. Other than being tasty, it is really poisonous to our bodies. Thank goodness your son is OK. Poor Granny's car. Is it totaled? I'm glad you got good news from your doctor. Having a ticking heart is a relief for sure. :)

@Katmary71 I am going to get back to tracking my food. I don’t like it, but I think it's necessary if I ever want to see my weight go in the right direction. I will start next Tuesday after our family visitors go home. :)

Good morning! Today is another day of getting my house ready for our company. Yesterday, I cleaned the screened porch of its layer of pollen, and sometime today, I’m going to wash my car, which is covered in pollen. I don’t think anywhere else gets pollen like Georiga. :# We have our Good Friday service at the church tonight, which is always a special service. Have a great day! :)
    2024 Word: Strive

What is a food combination people eat or drink that you just can’t get behind? (For example, dipping french fries in Frosties.)

Well, I can totally get behind fries being dipped in Frosties, and I love iced coffee! However, I can’t get behind putting raw tomatoes on burgers or sandwiches. To me, that is just the worst thing to do to good food. Oh and my mom likes to eat tuna and peas mixed together. Ewwww! :s
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 29
    Options
    Thursday Ice breaker question

I had to go look up what on earth Frosties was, in this context. Imagine my surprise!

Anything involving mayonnaise (or the kind of white "salad dressing" that comes in jars). It has been a trial for years. One orders a sandwich at a restaurant, only to find that they have helpfully added mayo without saying so. Or I remembered to ask them to omit it, and they forgot. My husband loves the stuff. We laugh about it. More for him!

Oh, and I'll take my share of the iced coffee! I learned to like that from my grandma. She used to drink it on her back porch in the summer.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Thursday Checkin
    🟢 Tiny Habit: Kitchen pushup
    🟢 Floors: 5
    🟢 Eat a salad yesterday's was spring mix, cucumber, red bell pepper, garbanzo beans, steamed mushrooms, balsamic vinegar
    🟢 Eat steamed greens
    🟢 Outdoor walk
    🟢 Track all my food
    🟢 New Tiny Habit: chair squat when I enter my office

@Katmary71 - I have the sore thighs to show for the squats. I am counting it as a win if I do this at least once, not every time I enter my office. If I did it every time, I might not be able to walk!

@TeresaW2024 - Hurray to the tendons starting to improve! That's great!

@AmbersWay - Getting other people to shop, as a way to avoid temptation -- that's brilliant!

@trooworld - I had forgotten about Micheladas. Clamato is not my thing, so I have never tried one!

@askewcr - Hurray for that great weigh-in!
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 29
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 @Veta2018 @Katmary71 @trooworld @vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you for the warm welcome ladies. It's good to be back. I'm glad I'm on the same team as you all.
    @trooworld You look awesome in that dress :) those earrings are fabulous.

Hello Everyone! I'm Divya. I'm joining the April challenge. I joined this group last year and had lots of fun. Things got hectic along the way and I missed a few days and the days turned to months and so on.
    This year I'm on a mission to lose 38 lbs. by October and look my best. I'm looking forward to having fun with you all along the way.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Great job checking in! I know how hard just that can be. Even if you’re just lurking and send an “I’m Here!” post I think it’ll keep you coming back. We don’t always have time for all the words.

@Katmary71 I have done some kickboxing type videos, but I like to go where I can actually hit a bag, and I loathe working out at home, it’s the worst for me. Glad you’re back is feeling better!

@laurelfit57 Where is spring right?!

@trooworld Volunteering at the Humaine Society! Love that for you <3 . I’d probably want to adopt all the animals.

@TeresaW2024 When I have company is usually when I do the deep cleaning…or the regular cleaning.

@Divya365 Welcome to the group!

I went down again this week for the weigh-in, it was a surprise to me, mostly because I did track, but I was stressed, and a few times I wasn’t sure if I was eating because I was stressed or because I was actually hungry, but I chose to eat because it was still within my plan, and calorie goal for the day. I’m excited for the weekend because I think I’m going to take my kids to a big easter egg hunt at the local high school, and then maybe go see a movie with them. Maybe it will tire them out. Have a great weekend everyone.

What is a food combination people eat or drink that you just can’t get behind?

Cilantro in anything, it’s trash, it smells and tastes bad. Also…fresh mint tastes like spicy dirt.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ninyagwa
    Fridays
    PW: 321.2
    CW: 318.8
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 252.6
    CW: 252.0
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    The April team chat is open! Please continue weigh-ins and other stats here through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month for (re)introductions and to set goals, commitments, and things you want to try:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912621/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-april-2024/p1?new=1
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO
    STILL NEEDED: @Cornanda @buniphuphu
    TOMORROW REMINDER: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 @vrafer
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 What is in the pickle dip? Do you dislike cold brew too? I love cold brew and used to make it often but it took a lot of coffee. I got into Starbucks iced shaken espresso with their blonde roast plus it’s only 150 calories, the blonde roast doesn’t have that burnt taste to it and it’s really good.

ICE BREAKER QUESTION- Fatty meat and chicken wings, I hate getting globs of fat in my mouth. My brother makes great ribs where the fat is broken down and I like those but if a gob of fat gets in my mouth I want to throw up. As a kid if we were eating fatty meat I used to fill my mouth then run to the bathroom and spit my meat in the toilet. My Mom was horrified when I told her how I used to do that!

@askewcr You’re doing great keep getting it!

@laurelfit57 The micro current machine helps a lot with pain, I’m still trying to get longer results and it does help align the spine when it’s imbalanced. I’m still learning on the rest though. It saved me prior to surgery by getting me out of fight-or-flight which was hard to do otherwise as my BP was always really high. Yikes be careful if you go walking with that weather! Have fun with the littles!

@trooworld Thanks! I haven’t heard of Michelada, where have I been? I can’t wait to hear how volunteering goes, I love you doing that!

@AmbersWay You started the day off great. I’m glad all the test results are coming back mostly good. Reducing stress is a tough one especially with kids. I’ve been using monkfruit in my coffee but some maple syrup or honey sounds good.

@TeresaW2024 Oh I hope the turmeric is helping, I’m glad to hear it’s feeling a little better. Hope you get all the cleaning done!

@AustinRuadhain Interesting do you feel the same about light mayonnaise? I’m not a regular mayo fan but like the light version. Another day of all green, you go! LOL I’ve been doing side lunges with a dumbbell and upped sets and my thighs are hurting today too! Just once on the squats is smart or else you wouldn’t want to go in your office after awhile.

@Divya365 I’m glad you’re back and on our team again too! We look forward to cheering you on as you strive toward that goal!

@ninyagwa I hope the kids have a great time with the Easter egg hunt and movie! Oh my gosh I’m with you on cilantro it is disgusting! It’s the only herb banned from my herb garden. Do you have the “soap” gene too?

Hi team! Had fun playing trivia, @TeresaW2024 My team was all lawyers then one’s wife who was a teacher and myself, I was the only one who knew a Real Housewives question to get us to 4th place! I was only helpful with music and trashy television, lol, I knew that would make you laugh but I was happy I knew the answer. I’d thought of not saying anything but I’m too competitive to let it go. The one who was a teacher will hopefully be coming to the garden club next weekend, we spent most the night talking of gardening. Today was busy, back is healing well and my surgeon wants me to stay in PT I think in the hopes my legs and feet can improve. The holistic practitioner I’m seeing is out-of-town and offered to let me use one of her machines while she’s gone so I picked that up at her house then evaluated a yard for a project with the charity in May. Have a great Saturday team! I have to get this house clean, my Dad's spending the night on Easter plus I have a cake to make and will get my final done tomorrow.

No Zero Days
    - Good with healthy food (made @trooworld ‘s Turkey sweet potato skillet with a pumpkin instead of sweet potato) and exercise.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 30
    Options
    What is a food combination people eat or drink that you just can’t get behind?

I am not sure, the weirdest ones I have heard of which I would never try are peanutbutter and onion, peanut butter and mayo, cereal and orangejuice, and sardines paired with anything but rice or bread. 🤮

I do have some funky combinations that I do that I believe arent so weird but many don't like, like pizza and ranch , sometimes i like pineapple on pizza, peas and mayo, avocado and fruit smoothie. I also like iced coffee sometimes in the summer. I have tried many weird combinations that I didnt like , like the fries and Milkshake or icecream. I dont like the hot and cold food combinations except for when its sweet like bobba tea or caramel on icecream. When pregnant. Those crazy pregnancy cravings had me making crazy combinations like pickles with peanut butter or honey.

Its strange to think people dont like cilantro or raw tomato on sandwhiches.. I love the smell and taste of herbs like cilantro in meals. I guess its because of my hispanic culture. When cooking we cook it into beans and soups, etc. The cilantro and other herbs like culantro, oregano and thyme gives it that special Caribbean taste.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: Friday
    PW: 331
    CW: 331.5
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 217.5