• myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 226.2 (102,6 kg)
    CW 222.2 (100,8 kg)

Stalled at CW since Thursday.. Have a great day everyone!

Trillium54 wrote: »
    Trillium54
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW 163 lbs.
    CW 161.8 lbs.

What amazing losses! What helped you both have great losses this week? I need all the ideas I can get.

Nothing in particular actually.. I was going up and down the week before and now I'm still stuck on that same CW for 8 days.. Maybe it's not the weight but the scales might be broke lol 😆 Just doing my keto thing and going down..
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw 182
    Cw 180.8

Loss 1.2lb

The 170s are getting so close! I'm sick of the 180s now!!! Never thought I'd say that as my goal was initially 196lb 🤣

Great job! Isn’t weird how we keep lowering our goals. I think I feel better that I keep thinking another 10 pounds will make a bigger difference (except the lose skin). What about you?

I know when i started an 80lb loss seemed like a distant dream. When i got there i was so happy. That's the point I've always given up before, but i realised i still had plenty of fat! I thought another 10 would be it. Then another 10. And now I'm even thinking of another 10! Once i get to 175lb im going for 10lb more but no rush for that last 10, I'm going to increase my calories and plan to lose just. 5lb a week!! Hoping it will ease me into maintenence! I ve continually failed at maintenance before so this will be a new approach!

@Slimmersixties I've stopped numerous times just before my end goal and never made it to maintenance.. This time, loosing lots for the 3rd time, I'm so determined to go all the way to my end goal AND have a good maintenance plan and stick to that! Good luck to you 💪

I've lost 70 or 80lb about 5 times!!! Gained it back every time so i am a complete failure at maintenance!! Before Xmas i reached my then goal, went to maintenance and gained 20lb in 5 weeks :( no point in all this hard work if there is no plan to keep it off!!
    So my new approach is to be in very low weight loss mode after reaching my goal! Hoping it works! I'm sure you will get to your goal and you can join Linda and me in maintenance!!

Right now I am failing at maintenance. My lowest weight was 146 on the 19th of March. Now I am sitting between 150 to 153. So frustrating. The only thing is, I don’t see any changes in my clothes.

Could be just water weight..
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 404.8
    CW - 403.6

1.2 lbs down.. soooooooo clooooooooooooooooooooooose
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 215 Member
    edited April 11
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »

@NachDeezy
    Keep going! 🙂
    Keep going! 🙂
    Keep going! 🙂
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    dft5v1oxbimp.png

Next Week's Group Challenge will be a Partner Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and send me: Your Team's name and the Two Walker's names. Please tag me @jessicakrall8 !

Challenge starts Sunday, Apr 14th! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    tzfpxkve7576.jpg

What is your favorite sport to play? Mine was volleyball
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 404.8
    CW - 403.6

Amazing loss ...So proud of you :)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 404.8
    CW - 403.6

Keep gooooiiiiìiinnnnnngggggg!!!! We're gonna have a party when you reach the 300's 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 180.8
    Cw 182.0

Nooooooo
    I struggle so much when i leave the rv :(
    Less exercise, alcohol 1 day a week, and a bit of extra food and here comes the weight again :(
    Luckily only one more week at home and then I'm away in the rv for 4 weeks
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Apr 12, 2024)
    PW: 241.3
    CW: 239.6

It's funny how I always seem to weigh less the day before weigh in day (or am I the only one?) … until you don't! It's nice to finally break into the next floor on weigh in day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 : I'm so sorry you're struggling now, but it's awesome that you got out to walk!! As for my "loss" strategies this past week, here's what I do:
    1. I've started eating around 5/5:30. I used to eat at 6:30/7 and had horrible sleep afterwards with reflux.
    2. I don't snack in the evenings. After eating dinner, I have to brush my teeth which is a major hassle lately since my dental procedure. And I'm lazy, so if I brush them and do all the rinses/flossing, etc. I'm not gonna re-do them later because I ate something.
    3. I have a major sweet tooth, but I have found that if I give into it, I will binge on whatever is handy. And keep it up for days afterward--I think it's that thought process that tells me "I've blown it why not overeat everything?" and that's not good. But I need something sweet, and I've found--as trite as it sounds--if I have a serving of sweet fruit, the cravings are gone after a few minutes.
    4. I used to be a heavy chip eater--like any kind of chip. I don't keep them in the house anymore because I know I'll scarf them up. I tried the one portion and close the bag and nah, it doesn't work for me. So out of sight, out of mind.

These aren't terrible earth-shattering strategies, but they seem to work for me. I know you have some medication issues, too, from your post and I'm sure it plays a big part in what you're going through. All I can say is cut yourself some slack and "keep on keepin' on" as the song goes. You'll get there! <3

I hear you on the chips. I have chips every weekend but only a single serving size. If there is a big bag I won’t stop until it’s gone. With my granddaughter staying with us, I make her bring her chips and such to her room unless it is a flavour i dislike. I am going to try the brush your teeth trick. I will have to eat my apple earlier though. Thanks for your input.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    starting weight 197.8
    Current weight 190.0

What a fantastic loss!
    Friday weigh in

Pw 182
    Cw 180.8

Loss 1.2lb

The 170s are getting so close! I'm sick of the 180s now!!! Never thought I'd say that as my goal was initially 196lb 🤣

Great job! Isn’t weird how we keep lowering our goals. I think I feel better that I keep thinking another 10 pounds will make a bigger difference (except the lose skin). What about you?

I know when i started an 80lb loss seemed like a distant dream. When i got there i was so happy. That's the point I've always given up before, but i realised i still had plenty of fat! I thought another 10 would be it. Then another 10. And now I'm even thinking of another 10! Once i get to 175lb im going for 10lb more but no rush for that last 10, I'm going to increase my calories and plan to lose just. 5lb a week!! Hoping it will ease me into maintenence! I ve continually failed at maintenance before so this will be a new approach!

@Slimmersixties I've stopped numerous times just before my end goal and never made it to maintenance.. This time, loosing lots for the 3rd time, I'm so determined to go all the way to my end goal AND have a good maintenance plan and stick to that! Good luck to you 💪

I've lost 70 or 80lb about 5 times!!! Gained it back every time so i am a complete failure at maintenance!! Before Xmas i reached my then goal, went to maintenance and gained 20lb in 5 weeks :( no point in all this hard work if there is no plan to keep it off!!
    So my new approach is to be in very low weight loss mode after reaching my goal! Hoping it works! I'm sure you will get to your goal and you can join Linda and me in maintenance!!

Right now I am failing at maintenance. My lowest weight was 146 on the 19th of March. Now I am sitting between 150 to 153. So frustrating. The only thing is, I don’t see any changes in my clothes.

Scary isn't it! As soon as i look at a carb i put 7lb on 🤣🤣🤣 i know its water but i don't want to go up, not even 1lb. Im hoping my new approach of aiming for a low loss every week will work! Any one else got any tips for maintaining?

I am surprised I lost this week as my granddaughter made naan bread and I have been eating it for lunch and the evenings since Tuesday. The only godsend is they are small.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 226.2 (102,6 kg)
    CW 222.2 (100,8 kg)

Stalled at CW since Thursday.. Have a great day everyone!

Trillium54
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW 163 lbs.
    CW 161.8 lbs.

What amazing losses! What helped you both have great losses this week? I need all the ideas I can get.

Nothing in particular actually.. I was going up and down the week before and now I'm still stuck on that same CW for 8 days.. Maybe it's not the weight but the scales might be broke lol 😆 Just doing my keto thing and going down..

I have changed the batteries because I think the scales aren’t working right. It will move. Keto works well for some people. I might try low carb in the future as I bloat so much from them and I have to wear a pants a size or two bigger until the bloat goes away. I think it’s a true gain. My weight for the last month is up 3.4 pounds even with my loss this week.
    SW - 630
    PW - 404.8
    CW - 403.6

You are on fire. I agree with @Slimmersixties, we need to have a big party when you reach your next milestone.
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 180.8
    Cw 182.0

Nooooooo
    I struggle so much when i leave the rv :(
    Less exercise, alcohol 1 day a week, and a bit of extra food and here comes the weight again :(
    Luckily only one more week at home and then I'm away in the rv for 4 weeks

Watch the carbs for the next week as they are your enemy. I know you can do it. I am beginning to wonder if we keep passing the same weight back and forth to each other. You lose and I gain. You gain and I lose. lol
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Apr 12, 2024)
    PW: 241.3
    CW: 239.6

It's funny how I always seem to weigh less the day before weigh in day (or am I the only one?) … until you don't! It's nice to finally break into the next floor on weigh in day!

Nice loss! I seem to weigh less the next day lately.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    Steps:
    April 8th: 6,483
    April 9th: 8,782

NSV: I walked for 20 minutes straight yesterday! Yes I was in a lot of pain later but the sense of accomplishment certainly made it worth it.
    @lindamtuck2018 Sorry to hear that you are struggling so much, but congratulations on this.

@myhands4God Welcome back! 😁

@Trillium54 and @myndieet Congrats on those losses!

Thanks. I can’t believe how much my walking has improved. Another reason to get my act together as I don’t want to go back to my 3 to 5 minute mini walks.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited April 12
    Options
    Steps:
    April 8th: 6,483
    April 9th: 8,782
    April 10th:5,877
    April 11th: 3,381

PW: 152.8
    CW: 151.4

I can’t believe that I pulled off a loss. I was very shocked when I stood on the scales. Good shock though. Yesterday, I took it easy. It has been raining which after all the sunny, warm weather is downright depressing. So I am changing the song to: Rain, Rain go away, Linda wants to walk today. Anyway, aiming to get my steps with apartment walking.

Chips: zesty Doritos. I have a single size bag every weekend

Words: kind, loving, easy going

sport: I don’t play sports but I did like curling. I haven’t done it since the ‘80s.

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 219.2
    CW: 219.6

Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!! Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

Recap: I've been doing really well with water this week and exercise continues to be consistent including the HIIT process. This week I've become facinated that the Apple watch counts flights of stairs..so I've been finding stairs to climb just to see that number tick up! Max 4, so far!🙂 I've been over on calories pretty much all week. The ironic part is I actually planned meals/dinners for the entire month of April, primarily from skinnytaste.com. Some of them have been really good, and that's when my portion control issues come into play. I also haven't been targeting low carb and I know that's a killer for me.

Goals for April - Water ~ get to 80

- THOUGHTS:

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

4/7 4,780
    4/8 13,623
    4/9 9,006
    4/10 11,087
    4/11 9,326
    4/12
    4/13

Favorite Ice cream > Butter Pecan🙂
    I would be Fall > I love the colors, love the cool mornings and warm afternoons.
    Chips > I'd probably kill for Ruffles!
    3 words > Reliable, Faithful and stubborn🙂 (the first three words that came to mind)
    Sport > I'm not much of a sports player these days. I used to play badminton in high school and college, and I used to bowl.

@myhands4God ~ Welcome back! Puppy pictures please!!🙂

@lindamtuck2018 ~ Sorry you're in so much pain, but great job in getting the 20 minute walk in! I like what @Trillium54 said about brushing teeth. I'm going to try that. Even if you do eat after brushing, it doesn't take the same.

@Nachdeezy ~ So close for real!! Keep going, you got this!!

I'm looking for a walking partner for the challenge next week. Any one want to team up?
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 233.6
    CW: 232.8
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 13
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW 173.8