WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Wow - sounds like things are super busy for some of you! No problem to hang out in support for a while @wishfuljune and @micki48 - drop by when you can :heart:

That is one super cute pup @strong_fit_ells ! And you are doing so well - keep up the great progress :smile:

I just had a wonderful 4 mile walk, and am ready to get on with the rest of the day. Have a good one, all!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW: 144.6
    CW: 144.6

My fitness tracker is bad so I’ve not been able to track my steps. I have a new one next week 🀞🏻
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 sadly my steps up to Wednesday are 0 but
    *Wednesday 10 April 8,501steps
    *Thursday 11th April 19,010 steps
    *Friday 12th April 18,202 steps
    *Saturday 13th April 13,839 steps

Thank you 😊
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 14th. Please join us for the Partner Up Walking Challenge! Find your partner and send me a message containing your names and your team name! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10913593/april-week-3-group-challenge-partner-up-walking-challenge#latest

Looking forward to an active and fun week! See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

CW: 183.2

Had a great time in Japan 😊 time to get cracking!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Ugh. That's all I can say. I have beeen in this group for a while now and I don't feel like I have made a major dent in my weight loss. I hate starting the month red, but I know I did it to myself. I feel like I am about to just give up./quote]

@lauren_989 OHHHHHHH I know EXACTLY how you feel! But you have done amazing things in this group and are so inspiring. You run races, do amazing work outs. But, I get it. I have been with the group since 2019 and I am making NO progress (because there is also little effort). When I was better at this, I was at a plateau that lasted almost a year. 196, 196, 196. I think @jugar may have wondered if those weigh ins were for real. How I wish I was there now! At this season of my life, I am finding out that everything I knew about how to lose weight is no longer true. I am not eating anymore than I was. But yikes, the pounds are piling on. I am at my all time high weight and it's only going up. I am not exercising because I am tired and many times my body hurts. I have to take a little time in the support group, but I wanted to say, Do not give up. (I have many more pages to catch up on so you may have already gotten over this bump.) You can do this. I believe in you. It is hard. We all know it. Stick around. You have some stuff to show us. Sending hugs. I'm trying to figure out how I can get this to work too. Your support has meant so much to me.

Are we still doing this?
    What's my mood right now? Feeling ok, but not accomplished.
    Today, I need to address - Today is almost over. But tomorrow, I need to address my eating and log.
    I do not want to - gain more weight.
    I absolutely will - drink some water very soon.
    My one piece of advice for myself is - you know you feel better when you get exercise.
    My one tip for others is - don't give up!
  • jugar
    Options
    Another week almost done - time for LAST CALL! Please post your weigh-in or let me know if you need the week excused - thanks!

@trudy_eh
    @tlcjen12
    @RachelSibiya1
    @eavdic188
    @girlhitchhiker

• tlcjen12
    tlcjen12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @jugar cw 176.6
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 10,252 + 33 min jog @ 4.6mph
    Monday: 5,335 + 60 min body pump class
    Tuesday: 4,844
    Wednesday: 5,439 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 10,086 + 30 min jog @ 4.7mph
    Friday: 2,940
    Saturday: 10,680 + 60 min body pump class

@strong_fit_ells wahoo! Great job on getting to a new decade!

@micki48 thank you for the kind words. Everyone's support here has been great. I did think about going on support this month, but the last time I did, I slid back further. I would say I'm in a fair spot now, but just taking this whole weight loss thing slower, with less of a deficit.

Yesterday was ok, I got in a walk and body pump! It was nice outside and I did some weeding. But then I watched tv after dinner (I don't always do this) and ended up eating, even though I brushed my teeth already! Yesterday, I ended up eating closer to maintenance.

Today, I have plans to go for a jog. It's another beautiful day outside! I am also getting crocheting lessons this afternoon. I know how to knit, but I have always wanted to learn to crochet as well. Keep my hands busy, so they don't grab food πŸ˜‚
  • mmarceau2
    mmarceau2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Team,
    My name is Marie. I am 51 years old and life has been very challenging for too many reasons for the last two years. I feel powerless in so many ways that I would like to take power on my body weight at least.
    I have been trying to lose weight on my own but it does not seem to work. I lose 5 pounds, I gain 5 pounds... I have had 10 pounds to lose since the pandemic and still haven't managed.
    The sun and the aching for better days is inspiring today. I am having a perfect day ( food and exercice wise so far today). I have decided to start looking after myself, because I realise it's pretty much the only significant power I have left.
    I am 136.4 pounds today. Life begins now.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Friends. Here's my Sunday weigh-in -

PW - 187
    CW - 186.8
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Team,

Step and Exercise steps:

Sunday 7th April - 1599
    Monday 8th - 2545 / 42mins HR12W4.0 Day 34 - Full Body Metcon
    Tuesday 9th - 2496 / 42mins HR12W4.0 Day 35 - Power Pilates
    Wednesday 10th - 1627
    Thursday 11th - 5131 / 60mins Yoga
    Friday 12th - 2872 / 37mins HR12W4.0 Day 36 - Lower Body Strength
    Saturday 13th - 3669 / 28mins Dancing
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    q38ago9odse0.png
    3ld06sccnjem.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ilwuegwmfsw2.png

By Pounds
    vs6mcz1qu8ma.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    cbghmhl4b1xp.png

By Pounds
    aqocake5mopx.png

Team Winners
    shf5xol5dmw2.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    yw1nyr2sx7kw.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Not a bad week! Congrats to our intrepid pack leaders @Kali225 @EvMakesChanges and @strong_fit_ells !!

I made it home today, so it was the typical too-many-hours-in-the-car kind of day. Tomorrow will feel good to get back to home normal.

Welcome back Marie @mmarceau2 ! It is certainly a good time to get back that feeling of taking care of yourself - it has been a stressful time for you. It is the best way to feel resilient again. Will you be updating your weigh-in on Sundays? Or is there another day you prefer?
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @EvMakesChanges Thinking of you and your family. Glad you are able to spend so much time with your parents.

@strong_fit_ells Great weigh in and what a beautiful doggie! He has grown a ton!

@micki48 I am thrilled to have the company on the support team! Sounds like you have been very busy lately.
  • jugar
    Options
    Here comes Monday πŸ‘“
    @StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80
    @eavdic188
    @adrimango

Thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good morning team, I had a lovely weekend.

Brushed the dog yesterday and then I sat and watched all the birdies come and gather his fur for their nests, it was quite entertaining, those little birds were on it, they were like OMG this is awesome and so much softer than sticks and grass. He is a Great Pyrenees mix, so he has LOTS of fur to share.

Saturday, we went to my favorite Mexican place, so I had 2 margaritas. That was my 4th time this year having drinks, so ya know what it's okay...

I am feeling much better these days, my energy and desire to do stuff has increased, I went shopping in an actual store, and was able to lollygag around the store, (I don't think I've shopped, shopped in an actual store for 3 years, cause I really don't like it). So, the anxiety seems better but ya never know cause that crap can pop up when you least expect it. I am surprised this new regimen of hormones is working so quickly, but she told me they would help immediately, but I wouldn't get the full effects for about 2 months.

After shopping we went to the park so I could walk up and down hills, So my hiking boots are great, but I noticed on the last hike, my feet kinda slide down and squish my toes when walking down hill, so I got some new inserts that are supposed to make it more stable, but they didn't help, they just made the shoe feel tighter, so I will stick with the normal insert and walk down hills sideways... :wink: Maybe it was the socks ? hmmmm more testing...

@lauren_989 I recently have been learning to crochet again, I did it when I was young, but had to relearn it all. It's kinda fun, I have no idea what I am going to make, right now I am just trying to make an actual square, they are always wonky, and I can't figure out why, I'm counting the stitches...

@strong_fit_ells Congrats on the the new decade, that pupper is just adorable.

@micki48 I am sorry you are feeling so stuck, and I don't want to overstep, but we are in the same age range, have you ever thought it could be your hormones? Low estrogen causes all of the things you are saying, I know alot of people think oh I will just have to deal with it, but please know you don't and it can be treated with more natural stuff.

Okay, I am off to get some work done.. Hope you have a wonderfully successful day !
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    @strong_fit_ells - Your puppy is incredibly adorable! But, you already know this. Thanks for sharing pics!

@lauren_989 & @Gidgitgoescrzy - I love that you both crochet! I learned in college, but have never been successful because I lose count of my stitches. That is, until this last few months. I have been crocheting a blanket for my OH. And, it's actually turning out okay. I'm about 75% done and will hopefully finish by our anniversary in June. Then, I might do the opposite of @lauren_989 - I will learn to knit in addition to crochet.
This discussion has been closed.