WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Friday, April 12 - 7,578 steps, 1 hour of spin, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Saturday, April 13 - 6,397 steps, 1 hour of spin, 45 minutes of CrossFit
    Sunday, April 14 - I forgot my watch. No steps.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    PW 165.8
    CW 166.4

Was hoping to see a loss with the habit's I've been changing this week but don't feel let down by the numbers yet. Had a great weekend spending time with family and staying consistent with my diet. The weather has been amazing making it so much easier to get outdoors.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    4/15/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight):170.6
    CW (Current Weight):170.6

So I didn’t lose or gain, what color is that? 😆

I’m going with the number that I saw on the scale this morning. On Saturday it was 169.6 so I hope to post a little green for my team next week. We had a good run. Now it’s time to get honest, dial-in and get on that grind. “AGAIN!”

Sunday 4/7 17,373 (20 mins strength)
    Monday 4/8 7,580 (20 min yoga)
    Tuesday 4/9 15,383 (10 HIIT, 10 Kickbox, 10 Core, Strength)
    Wednesday 4/10 11,700 (60 Piyo)
    Thursday 4/11 12,440 (10 HIIT, 20 Dance, 10 CORE 10 strength )
    Friday 4/12 9,184 (20 min Dance, 40 min Kickboxing)
    Saturday 4/13 11,057 (20 min Dance, 10 Strength)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy are your hiking boots ankle-high? Look carefully into the way you lace them up to avoid your feet slipping forward. There are several different techniques, but the object is to keep the heel at the back of the boot when you're going down hill. This site has a few techniques, including for low boots - https://www.backpacker.com/skills/beginner-skills/how-to-tie-hiking-boots/ No squishing your poor toes! I agree that adding insoles makes it worse.

@StayFITTer no loss, no gain = black. Being in the black sounds good, at least!

I'm having a fit trying to put together a slide show of nothing but images (artwork) - some are portrait, some are landscape, and they are different sizes. I am great with spreadsheets, but I obviously need some work on my powerpoint skills! I'm happy to be showing off some amazing drawings during a concert I'm playing next Sunday, so I hope I get it right.

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    frustrating workday here, and I ended up skipping lunch altogether which wasn't ideal. Dinner was okay. No movement/exercise today. I did vacuum my apartment and clean my bathroom. Hope tomorrow goes better at work, and I'll have dance cardio in the evening.
  • jugar
    Options
    Time for the nightly nag! Remaining Monday and into Tuesday weigh-ins:
    @eavdic188
    @adrimango
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Gidgitgoescrzy are your hiking boots ankle-high? Look carefully into the way you lace them up to avoid your feet slipping forward. There are several different techniques, but the object is to keep the heel at the back of the boot when you're going down hill. This site has a few techniques, including for low boots - https://www.backpacker.com/skills/beginner-skills/how-to-tie-hiking-boots/ No squishing your poor toes! I agree that adding insoles makes it worse.

Yes they are ankle high, this is very helpful, never thought about lacing, thank you very much ! :smile:

• adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    CW: 156.2
    PW: 155.2

Well, I was due for a rebound after a whoosh then a steady week. Traveling again this week but will be intentional about what I put in my body!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    PW: 211.8
    CW: 209.8

I've been slacking some the last few days. Snacking here and there. I need to rein this in for next week!
  • jugar
    Options
    Wonderful Wednesday Women! You are up next:

@MaddawgMadsen 🎳
    @Gidgitgoescrzy 🥾
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Workday today was NOT less frustrating, but I did have a late-in-the-day breakthrough on something that has been confounding my team for more than a year. So that's good. And we ordered in sandwiches for my manager's birthday. I got a spicy chicken cutlet sandwich, which had lots of protein.

We did dance cardio for 47 min straight before cooldown, which was awesome. I mixed in a bunch of new songs so we were really challenged with footwork. Got very sweaty.

Determined to make tomorrow better at work, and to leave ON TIME. Wednesdays are my walking days in the evening and it is always nice to unwind that way before dinner.

@jugar hugs to dear Jasper! What a bright-eyed boy he is.

@conleywoods love this data-discovery phase you started with. knowledge is power, after all.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    I’ve been home week and can see that my sleep is longer and deeper when I’m away. In order to improve it, I’ve started using one earplug, in addition to my weighted eye mask. It helps to hear fewer noises and fall asleep sooner, so I’ll take that as an improvement!
    I’ll work on a bigger calorie deficit today, since I’ll be at my desk and not walking as much.
    I’m looking into stationary bicycles (to use while watching TV). Any recommendations as to quiet models out there? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    PW 147.4
    CW 147.4

That was a little disappointing, but I'm over it. Next week will be better.

Have a great day !

• MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    I ordered a new scale that will track all the things (BMI, pounds of fat vs muscle, etc.). It showed up last night! So, obviously I set it up today. I weighed myself four times this morning - twice on the new scale and twice on the old scale. Once before spin class and once after. All four weigh-ins were different. And, oddly enough, I was (for the first time EVER), less after spin class. @jugar - I'm going to share the four weights I did today. But, I will do two more tomorrow (once on each scale). Can I take an average of the six weigh-ins or an average of the new scale to get to my new scale weights?

Weigh-in 1 (New scale): 177.8
    Weigh-in 2 (Old scale): 176.8
    Weigh-in 3 (New scale): 176.8
    Weigh-in 4 (Old scale): 176.0

Last week's weight was 171.8. I expected to go up a little because I worked out hard last week! I definitely built some muscle and worked ones that I haven't in a while. But, a four to five pound jump? I wasn't expecting that. I did pretty well with my eating this last week. I did accidentally have some gluten on Monday that has been wreaking havoc on my body. Maybe that's it?
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @jugar - Jasper is a B-E-A-UTIFUL boy! Thanks for sharing a picture. The background looks gorgeous, too. No snow!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 638 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    If you’re interested, I created this water challenge to focus one area of health the last 15 days of the month. Only 6 slots open. Hope this is helpful and another way to connect.

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=ZE79G9

This challenge does not require a fitness tracker. It is self reporting. I think I will do a new one every 15 days in a different area to stack habits.

And if you miss a day, no sweat! You have 7 days to update the tracker.

• jugar
    Options
    Can I take an average of the six weigh-ins or an average of the new scale to get to my new scale weights?

Average away! I think that is a good way to go when adjusting to a new measuring device :grimace:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@jugar Jasper is a beautiful boy for sure😍 He looks like a smart guy. My dog is also named Jasper.

I have been sticking close to my maintenance calories and my plan this week was 2 workouts.I have yet to get one in this week. I need to do one on a week day and one on the weekend. Tomorrow I have an easy dinner planned and then I will work out.

The job I've been waiting for finally opened yesterday 🙌 I'm soooooo excited and I really hope I get it. It's in my neighborhood school district so I would have the same schedule as my kids and husband. The best part is it's 3 days a week with a very flexible schedule. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞The first review of applications would be next Wednesday. It's going to be a long wait!
This discussion has been closed.