Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. 👋🏼 I am back after slipping way off the beaten path. A lot of weight was gained and now trying to get back on track.

I actually weighed in last Wednesday at 240.2, so I will keep Wednesday as my weigh day.

I see step count is still going strong. Remind me please, is this daily submission or weekly?

My reason for coming back: I came down with a ‘viral sinus infection’ 🤨 and went to the doctor. My blood pressure was the highest it had ever been. I have never been diagnosed with high blood pressure but the last several times I went to the doctor it was high. This time is was 147/94. The NP never looked at my chart and still proceeded with prescribing a steroid (which raises blood pressure). I was so desperate for relief from the sinus pain that I didn’t say anything either. Needless to say it scared me so much that I didn’t even drink coffee for two weeks, and I’m a daily coffee drinker. Today was my first coffee since and I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest.

I told my husband I was going to cut back on the coffee and he said, yeah right. 🤭 I definitely will though bc it really scared me.

Welcome back, I'm Lis one of the team motivators. Nothing like a good health scare to motivate weight loss! 2 years ago i was 276lb and went for a nice long walk after covid .... the next day my knees were so bad i couldn't walk anywhere!! I've lost almost 100lb since then and don't recognise myself.
    Welcome to the team, think about that high blood pressure reading everytime you want to eat something extra and watch the lbs drop off and your blood pressure improve!
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 222.2 (100,8 kg)
    CW 219.4 ( 99,5 kg)

Haven't got any energy these last weeks, but hey that's living with fibro. This period shall pass 🙏 I'm moving in the house all day, preparing food and doing the household chores stuff, but my activity tracker doesn't register that many steps as it would when I walk outside.. Anyways, my weight is going down and I'm really enjoying the food I'm eating 😋
  • Trillium54
    Trillium54 Posts: 56 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Trillium54

Weigh in day: Wednesday

PW: 161.8
    CW: 161.0
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Wednesday
    Pw : 240.2
    Cw : 235.6
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »

Thanks for asking! It's given me some clarity 🙂🙂

@Slimmersixties Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I have never met anyone else who diets by RV! 😁 It challenges me to think about creative ways I can make my own changes lasting, easier, and more enjoyable. I am interested to hear how you continue to work on these things!

I've been giving alot of thought to the reply i gave you! Its really made me consider why it's so easy to lose weight in the rv and why I'm such a failure when i return home! I've identified one of the problems as stress!! I do nothing while I'm away just relax .... I've been home for 10 days and 6 of those days I've been running around doing things for other people ! I've got alot of older friends here who don't speak Spanish so they save up their issues until i come home! I'm coming up with a plan to address all the reasons i can't lose weight at home! I'm off in the rv again on Saturday for a month and when i return i will have a plan! Thanks again for your question is really got me thinking!

I wouldn’t call you a failure when you get home. I think it’s a problem that you are working on. That is so nice of you to help older folks. I would love to volunteer in an old age home as I always enjoyed being around older people.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi everyone. 👋🏼 I am back after slipping way off the beaten path. A lot of weight was gained and now trying to get back on track.

I actually weighed in last Wednesday at 240.2, so I will keep Wednesday as my weigh day.

I see step count is still going strong. Remind me please, is this daily submission or weekly?

My reason for coming back: I came down with a ‘viral sinus infection’ 🤨 and went to the doctor. My blood pressure was the highest it had ever been. I have never been diagnosed with high blood pressure but the last several times I went to the doctor it was high. This time is was 147/94. The NP never looked at my chart and still proceeded with prescribing a steroid (which raises blood pressure). I was so desperate for relief from the sinus pain that I didn’t say anything either. Needless to say it scared me so much that I didn’t even drink coffee for two weeks, and I’m a daily coffee drinker. Today was my first coffee since and I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest.

I told my husband I was going to cut back on the coffee and he said, yeah right. 🤭 I definitely will though bc it really scared me.

A health scare is definitely a motivator to lose weight. For me it was my diabetes. Maybe until you are off the steroids switch to decaffeinated or half defcafe and half caffeinated. I know for me, morning coffee is so important. No coffee = grumpy Linda. I hope you get your blood pressure down.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 222.2 (100,8 kg)
    CW 219.4 ( 99,5 kg)

Haven't got any energy these last weeks, but hey that's living with fibro. This period shall pass 🙏 I'm moving in the house all day, preparing food and doing the household chores stuff, but my activity tracker doesn't register that many steps as it would when I walk outside.. Anyways, my weight is going down and I'm really enjoying the food I'm eating 😋

Fantastic loss! I am assuming a fibro fatigue period would be similar to the fatigue I get from my Sjogrens. You basically have to ride it out. It’s not a normal fatigue as it takes every bit to even put one step in front of an another. My dad and aunt have fibro and I see what the go through. Losing weight while your fibro is causing low energy is impressive.
    Trillium54 wrote: »
    Trillium54

Weigh in day: Wednesday

PW: 161.8
    CW: 161.0

Nice loss!
    Lovethyneighbor
    Wednesday
    Pw : 240.2
    Cw : 235.6

What a great showing for your first week back. Awesome loss!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options

Steps:
    April 14th: 5,018
    April 15th: 6,523
    April 16th: 7,384

Lost my post. Basically, went for a walk yesterday and my steps were good for me. Tomorrow to Wednesday will be challenging as I am staying with my granddaughter while my Daughter is in Mexico. Lots planned including eating out. Scared of next weeks weigh in. Will be walking today once the rain stops. I am very nervous about tomorrow. Not sure why but i wonder if i am nervous about the actual surgery. Who knows.

Have a great, healthy day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I will be weighing in a day early as I won’t have access to my scale.

• lovethyneighbor
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Haven't got any energy these last weeks, but hey that's living with fibro.

Hi myndieet. Do you have fibromyalgia? I think I have had it since my teen years, but was formally diagnosed about 10 years ago. It took me doing a Whole30 round to figure out that sugar triggers it. I am a sugar addict, so I deal with the pain instead of making healthy changes. Also weather plays a big part of it. It's raining here today and I have been hurting since last night.
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options
    Steps

4/10: 7267
    4/11: 6216
    4/12: 6715
    4/13: 7256
    4/14: 4046
    4/15: 4442
    4/16: 6193
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    April 14th: 5,018
    April 15th: 6,523
    April 16th: 7,384

Lost my post. Basically, went for a walk yesterday and my steps were good for me. Tomorrow to Wednesday will be challenging as I am staying with my granddaughter while my Daughter is in Mexico. Lots planned including eating out. Scared of next weeks weigh in. Will be walking today once the rain stops. I am very nervous about tomorrow. Not sure why but i wonder if i am nervous about the actual surgery. Who knows.

Have a great, healthy day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I will be weighing in a day early as I won’t have access to my scale.
    Okay sounds good :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps

4/10: 7267
    4/11: 6216
    4/12: 6715
    4/13: 7256
    4/14: 4046
    4/15: 4442
    4/16: 6193

since I already posted the results for April week 2 ...Can we start you on April week 3 which is from 4/14- 4/20 ... Also what is your step pledge that you plan on hitting daily? I will get you added to the step challenge right away ..thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    19y4umjmpoww.jpg

If you were a dog... What would your name be? I think I would be named Bailey
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with MFP ... I have a bad gateway when I log in .. I can't do my diary and other things
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good Morning fellow MFP Downsizers!! How have you all been?? I am back!! I hope you all had a wonderful winter and start to springtime!! My lovely Megan is going to add me back in the group to get me motivated again. I fell off the wagon for a few months, but I did not give up completely!! I kept logging and trying to make healthy choices while I was taking a break from really going hard. But it is time to get back to work!! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!!

Update on my goals:
    Try to get one 30 minute walk in per day.
    Drink 8 cups of water a day.
    2x 10-minute lower body exercises a day since that is where I want to focus on losing
    No eating after say 6-7pm
    Fast once a week for 15 hours

SW: 170
    Weigh in day will be: Mondays
  • Stacimfit
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with MFP ... I have a bad gateway when I log in .. I can't do my diary and other things

Yes I had issues all morning..
    I am back up and running now :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Good Morning fellow MFP Downsizers!! How have you all been?? I am back!! I hope you all had a wonderful winter and start to springtime!! My lovely Megan is going to add me back in the group to get me motivated again. I fell off the wagon for a few months, but I did not give up completely!! I kept logging and trying to make healthy choices while I was taking a break from really going hard. But it is time to get back to work!! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!!

Update on my goals:
    Try to get one 30 minute walk in per day.
    Drink 8 cups of water a day.
    2x 10-minute lower body exercises a day since that is where I want to focus on losing
    No eating after say 6-7pm
    Fast once a week for 15 hours

SW: 170
    Weigh in day will be: Mondays

Happy to have you back :)
  • Stacimfit
    Options
    19y4umjmpoww.jpg

If you were a dog... What would your name be? I think I would be named Bailey

Fun question! My name would have to be Daisy... I think it sounds so pretty and many people have said I brighten up a room when I walk in, soo lol if I were a dog, maybe that would be the case too hahaha

Bailey is cool :)
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @Stacimfit Welcome back!! The wagon awaits! 🙂
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options
    since I already posted the results for April week 2 ...Can we start you on April week 3 which is from 4/14- 4/20 ... Also what is your step pledge that you plan on hitting daily? I will get you added to the step challenge right away ..thank you

Yes not a problem! My daily goal is 7000. A little difficult to reach with a desk job and baseball games to sit and watch, but this is my usual goal. 😊
This discussion has been closed.