Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    I just wanted to share this amazing Oatmeal Banana Protein Smoothie that I am just going crazy over right now!! It is sooo good.

1/4 cup protein oats (I used Kodiak)
    1 banana chopped into chunks and frozen
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I did 1/4 water and 1/4 2% milk)
    1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
    1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon kosher salt don’t skip this, as it makes the oatmeal pop!

Delicious! You should all try it :)

This sounds amazing!!!! I am always looking for a new smoothie recipe.
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    dam94koeq8y7.jpg

If you could build your dream house ...Which style of house would you build?
    Mine would be a two story modern farmhouse :)

Mine would be a Craftsman Style Ranch home with a wrap around porch and it would be sure to have a sunroom :) Now I'm sitting here dreaming :) haha
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    dam94koeq8y7.jpg

Mine would be a Craftsman Style Ranch home with a wrap around porch and it would be sure to have a sunroom :) Now I'm sitting here dreaming :) haha

This is the correct answer lol
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    April 14th: 5,018
    April 15th: 6,523
    April 16th: 7,384
    April 17th: 2,952

Steps sucked. My stomach was bothering me so I thought I would lay down and then go for a walk. Didn’t know anything until hubby woke me up 4 hours later when he got home.

PW 151.4
    CW 147.4

My stomach has been off so in turn so was my eating. Result a big loss.

Fantastic loss but hope you feel better soon xx
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 403.6
    CW - 398.2

5.4 loss to go roaring into a new century. Wow. A bit lost for words here.

Much love yall

Absolutely amazing! You are such an inspiration!!! I know you've had a few weeks of smaller loses but glad you've stayed with it!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
  • Stacimfit
    Options
    dam94koeq8y7.jpg

This is the correct answer lol

Haha I was back on page 16 and like "where's my comment, I don't remember wording mine like that". and Turns out that was yours about the craftsman style home!! Too funny that we came up with the same style!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    April 14th: 5,018
    April 15th: 6,523
    April 16th: 7,384
    April 17th: 2,952

Steps sucked. My stomach was bothering me so I thought I would lay down and then go for a walk. Didn’t know anything until hubby woke me up 4 hours later when he got home.

PW 151.4
    CW 147.4

My stomach has been off so in turn so was my eating. Result a big loss.

Nice loss my friend.. sorry about the circumstances☹️

I need this to happen more often.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my surgeon ...I have a stress fracture and another infection I am on naproxen and Cephalexin.... I am now in a soft cast with 2 metal rods on each side ughhhh ...I see him again 6 weeks
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @aneedlecraft @NachDeezy @lindamtuck2018
    Wow!!! Way to go, you amazing Downsizers!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oh…my…goodness!!! So sad for this! Have you been referred to anyone to investigate why you aren’t healing?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @aneedlecraft @NachDeezy @lindamtuck2018
    Wow!!! Way to go, you amazing Downsizers!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oh…my…goodness!!! So sad for this! Have you been referred to anyone to investigate why you aren’t healing?

Its a mystery to all .. I believe it has something to do with me being diabetic
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Need some advice/ suggestions/ideas-- Since getting the puppy I have not been able to workout. I am actually missing my workouts. Pre puppy my routine was get up at 5:30 workout until 6:00-6:15 then get ready for work and head out. When I came home I would do activities outdoors or get another workout in like pilates. Currently I get up at 5:30 and get dog outside and take care of her and then put her in the crate or hubby watches her while I get ready. I leave by 6:30 to drop her off at doggie daycare (yes I became that person). I pick her up at 4:00 home by 4:30. Take her out to potty and then take care of dinner or house chores. Because she is a puppy I am not comfortable about leaving her unsupervised while I am in the basement working out. I thought I could get up at 5:00 but as soon as I am up she wakes up and ready to get out of her crate. I figured once I am on summer break (I work for a school) I can get back in my workout routine during the day time. I just really don't want to wait that long but I just may have to. I only have 30 work days left.

my steps
    04/13--10,514
    04/14--6,819
    04/15--9,937
    04/16--11,484
    04/17--6,465

Do you have a kennel you can put the puppy in while you work out? Or maybe a little playpen?
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Friends. I stayed off of the scale this week because i was feeling so bloated and I just wasn't ready to face all the eating. But I decided to get on the scale this morning and reset. I was actually better off than I thought so I will try not to avoid the scale if I'm feeling heavy.

Weigh In Day: Monday (today is Friday :# )
    PW: 209.9
    CW: 209.0
  • Stacimfit
    Options
    Just got back from my surgeon ...I have a stress fracture and another infection I am on naproxen and Cephalexin.... I am now in a soft cast with 2 metal rods on each side ughhhh ...I see him again 6 weeks

Oh my Megan, I am sorry to hear this. I hope that you can get better asap. Many prayers to you.
  • Stacimfit
    Options
    Need some advice/ suggestions/ideas-- Since getting the puppy I have not been able to workout. I am actually missing my workouts. Pre puppy my routine was get up at 5:30 workout until 6:00-6:15 then get ready for work and head out. When I came home I would do activities outdoors or get another workout in like pilates. Currently I get up at 5:30 and get dog outside and take care of her and then put her in the crate or hubby watches her while I get ready. I leave by 6:30 to drop her off at doggie daycare (yes I became that person). I pick her up at 4:00 home by 4:30. Take her out to potty and then take care of dinner or house chores. Because she is a puppy I am not comfortable about leaving her unsupervised while I am in the basement working out. I thought I could get up at 5:00 but as soon as I am up she wakes up and ready to get out of her crate. I figured once I am on summer break (I work for a school) I can get back in my workout routine during the day time. I just really don't want to wait that long but I just may have to. I only have 30 work days left.

my steps
    04/13--10,514
    04/14--6,819
    04/15--9,937
    04/16--11,484
    04/17--6,465

Do you have a kennel you can put the puppy in while you work out? Or maybe a little playpen?

Oh my goodness, sending many prayers your way for a routine that will work for you both soon (especially in JUNE :)) I bet having a puppy is a ton of work and takes a ton of patience!! So happy for you :) I have been thinking about getting one for almost a year now but now that I read this, I might wait a while longer. I have a now teenager (13) in the house now and trying to get her to do her homework at night takes enough time out of my workout plans as it is!! So thank you for confirming I'll wait LOL, Ummm anyway, so my in laws just got a little rat terrior (8 weeks old) and they keep it in the kennel quite a bit actually. You could start with getting her used to your say, nightly routine and talk to her, let her know you are there and you will be back soon and give yourself a set time limit and maybe she will get used to that?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Oh my Megan, I am sorry to hear this. I hope that you can get better asap. Many prayers to you.

Thank you so much Staci... I am looking forward to the day that this is behind me and I can start walking my dogs again boy do I miss it bad
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 19
    Options
    4t0n2zjo6hm4.jpg

What was the name of your best friend growing up when you were a child?
    My best friend's name was Carol-ann
  • Stacimfit
    Options

Thank you so much Staci... I am looking forward to the day that this is behind me and I can start walking my dogs again boy do I miss it bad

Oh I bet. I can't even imagine how you must feel not being able to. It will be so nice when you get to again :)<3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Oh I bet. I can't even imagine how you must feel not being able to. It will be so nice when you get to again :)<3

This all started back in October 2022 ...when I fell into one of my dog's craters when playing ball with them ..I broke my ankle and tore tendon's and ligaments ...I have had a total of 10 surgeries I sooooo want this behind me and my active lifestyle back.. I am not one to rely on others but my daughter has been an amazing helper and I am soooooo grateful for her
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    rainyrae wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I am dropping out of the step challenge. I tried lowering my number and I can’t even get those in. To be honest, I’m hanging on by a thread just staying in the group but I’m gonna keep swimming “as Dori says” a little while longer.

Is there anything in particular causing you grief right now? Someone on the team might have some suggestions.

I’m just struggling with the care of my mother in law. I like to get up and work out in the mornings but I have to wait until she is up and get her ready for the day before I can do that which can take a while. By that time I feel like it’s cutting in to my time that I need to do the daily chores of picking up, preparing meals, and never ending laundry as she taken to taking off her depends throughout the day and I find out too late. 🤦‍♀️. These may be excuses but I am dragging mentally and physically.

Wow, that is a lot. I can see how it would take a toll on you. Is there anyone who could c9me give you a break occasionally?

She does go two days per week to an adult day care which gives me about 6-7 hours those days free. You would think I would use them to be more active but I find myself just chilling on the couch watching movies and not wanting to do much of anything. I’ll perk back up at some point.
This discussion has been closed.