Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    dam94koeq8y7.jpg

If you could build your dream house ...Which style of house would you build?
    Mine would be a two story modern farmhouse :)

Mine would be a Craftsman Style Ranch home with a wrap around porch and it would be sure to have a sunroom :) Now I'm sitting here dreaming :) haha

Ditto!!
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    4t0n2zjo6hm4.jpg

What was the name of your best friend growing up when you were a child?
    My best friend's name was Carol-ann

Mine was Kris. Sadly we have lost touch after graduating high school.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Please weigh in @Jimboden3, @Slimmersixties and @FindingSamMon ....Thank you :)
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    4t0n2zjo6hm4.jpg

What was the name of your best friend growing up when you were a child?
    My best friend's name was Carol-ann

My best friend was Francesca. I wish I would have stayed in contact with old friends but we all live different lives now.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Motto:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

Recap: Well, I was looking forward to a good week! It's been ok but by no means steller. Keep Aiming ... Doing decent with water which is the goal for this month. 1 day so far at 96 and two days at 72!

Goals for April - Water ~ get to 80

- THOUGHTS:
    “Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.” – Eric Thomas

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate
    4/14 11,005 (correction on ST)
    4/15 8,450 ST = 15
    4/16 7.191
    4/17 9,353 ST = 20
    4/18 9,334 ST = 15
    4/19
    4/20

My dog name would be Shakespear.
    I had two best friends as a child, Veva and Dimitria. Veva has since changed her name to Marie, her middle name and I chat with both often on FB🙂

@lovethyneighbor ~ Welcome back and congrats on deciding to make some healthy changes!
    @megan_smartiepants1970 ~ sorry you have a stress fracture and an infection. Wishing you health and wellness!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Motto:
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

Recap: Well, I was looking forward to a good week! It's been ok but by no means steller. Keep Aiming ... Doing decent with water which is the goal for this month. 1 day so far at 96 and two days at 72!

- THOUGHTS:
    “Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.” – Eric Thomas

ST = Moderate
    4/15 8,450 ST = 15
    4/16 7.191
    4/17 9,353 ST = 20
    4/18 9,334 ST = 15
    4/19
    4/20

I had two best friends as a child, Veva and Dimitria. Veva has since changed her name to Marie, her middle name and I chat with both often on FB🙂

@lovethyneighbor ~ Welcome back and congrats on deciding to make some healthy changes!
    @megan_smartiepants1970 ~ sorry you have a stress fracture and an infection. Wishing you health and wellness!
    Thank you so much @itladyee

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 182lb
    Cw 182lb

Happy to be holding steady while I'm home. Back to the rv for a month tomorrow
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Motto:
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

- THOUGHTS:

ST = Moderate
    4/15 8,450 ST = 15
    4/16 7.191
    4/17 9,353 ST = 20
    4/18 9,334 ST = 15
    4/19
    4/20

You are doing great with the water intake!! Keep up the great work.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 19
    Options
    Just got back from my surgeon ...I have a stress fracture and another infection I am on naproxen and Cephalexin.... I am now in a soft cast with 2 metal rods on each side ughhhh ...I see him again 6 weeks

Oh my Megan, I am sorry to hear this. I hope that you can get better asap. Many prayers to you.

Thank you so much Staci... I am looking forward to the day that this is behind me and I can start walking my dogs again boy do I miss it bad

Oh I bet. I can't even imagine how you must feel not being able to. It will be so nice when you get to again :)<3

This all started back in October 2022 ...when I fell into one of my dog's craters when playing ball with them ..I broke my ankle and tore tendon's and ligaments ...I have had a total of 10 surgeries I sooooo want this behind me and my active lifestyle back.. I am not one to rely on others but my daughter has been an amazing helper and I am soooooo grateful for her

Was this a maisonneuve fracture? Just curious because I went through the same thing some years back. Broken my ankle and the speed and torque of it all shredded tendons, ligaments, everything up to my knee and snapped my leg bone run under the knee. Good times for sure.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 182lb
    Cw 182lb

Happy to be holding steady while I'm home. Back to the rv for a month tomorrow

Holding the line! Nice work!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Apr 19, 2024)
    PW: 239.6
    CW: 241.2

I'm not worried or upset about the gain as I was in good shape yesterday and last night was senior night for our high school son's volley ball team. The game started late because of a tornado drill while the JV team was close to finishing up, then we had senior recognition, and then we went all 5 games (we won in the end but it was very close) so it was after 9 pm before we got to dinner. It was too late to fix something so we went out for pizza and beer and I was famished so no surprise I was a little 'weighed down' this morning. On a positive note, I started walking in the mornings this week since it's been getting warmer so as long as I keep that up, I should be headed back in the right direction in no time.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Just got back from my surgeon ...I have a stress fracture and another infection I am on naproxen and Cephalexin.... I am now in a soft cast with 2 metal rods on each side ughhhh ...I see him again 6 weeks

Oh my Megan, I am sorry to hear this. I hope that you can get better asap. Many prayers to you.

Thank you so much Staci... I am looking forward to the day that this is behind me and I can start walking my dogs again boy do I miss it bad

Oh I bet. I can't even imagine how you must feel not being able to. It will be so nice when you get to again :)<3

This all started back in October 2022 ...when I fell into one of my dog's craters when playing ball with them ..I broke my ankle and tore tendon's and ligaments ...I have had a total of 10 surgeries I sooooo want this behind me and my active lifestyle back.. I am not one to rely on others but my daughter has been an amazing helper and I am soooooo grateful for her

Was this a maisonneuve fracture? Just curious because I went through the same thing some years back. Broken my ankle and the speed and torque of it all shredded tendons, ligaments, everything up to my knee and snapped my leg bone run under the knee. Good times for sure.

Hi Nacho I have had a few Dr's with this injury nobody has told me ... I just know it is extremely painful and I am looking forward to this being over ...

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Charging my watch for the night, so I’m calling my steps for the day. Work was busy. I work at a university and today we celebrated our graduates in our department. I ran errands to pick up food etc., and set up/tore down the banquet on my own. My hips and back are hurting, but hoping a good nights rest will alleviate the pain. Night all!!

4/18: 4,888
    4/19: 10,438
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 21
    Options
    gdp7b3kmq12x.jpg

@FindingSamMon....Please weigh in as soon as possible thanks

Just a reminder I need the following to post your steps by Sunday

@aactuallyaash 4/14 -4/20
    @itladyee 4/20
    @Hotspur11 4/14 -4/20
    @Slimmersixties 4/15 -4/20
    @FindingSamMon 4/14 - 4/20
    @myhands4God 4/18 -4/20
    @Stacimfit 4/14 - 4/20

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    fncy03kfczk9.jpg

What is your favorite time of the day? Morning, afternoon,evenings or night? I use to hate mornings but now it is my favorite time of the day ...I love sipping my coffee, listening to the birds outside chirp and getting things ready for the day :)
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW 173.4
    CW 171.0
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 20
    Options
    inshapeCK

PW: 145.0 pounds (gained 4.3 pounds)
    CW: 141.5 pounds (re-lost 3.5 pounds)

Need to re-lose 0.8 pounds to get the last bit of the previous gain off.
    Then need to re-lose 1 more pound to get back to my weight of 139.7 pounds on February 17th.

Still dealing with multiple health problems in flare up so just trying my best to do what I can handle when it comes to walking and healthy cooking and healthy eating.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Saturday Weigh-In
    PW: 219.6
    CW: 218.6

ST = Moderate

4/19 8,802 ST = 15
    4/20
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 151.5
    CW: 149.9
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step Challenge - Goal 6000

4/14 sun 2335
    4/15 mon 1332
    4/16 tue 978
    4/17 wed 824
    4/18 thur 1055
    4/19 fri 1549
    4/20 sat 3006

After some more days with (minus)zero energy 🙄 today I finally got to doing some much needed chores in the house 🙃 Tomorrow I'm planning to start building up my steps again.. That is if the weather is a bit cooperative.. Lots of heavy showers, wind and it feels so cold outside this past week..
This discussion has been closed.