WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods that is fantastic! I hope the dream job happens for you - and it sounds like a heck of a good week to do an extra workout or two just to get out all the impatient energy while you wait for that first review! And yes, our Jaspers are fabulous. And smart. 🤓

How is it coming up on Thursday? Wow. Line-up time!
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 238.4
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey team,
    Not much going on here, just working and trying to clean out clothes. I am so wishy washy on getting rid of stuff, I kinda have wardrobes in 2 different sizes, I am in-between both of them. My clothes I've been wearing normally are too big and look very sloppy. Most of my smaller sizes are too small, which is weird because the weight is the same, I think it has more to do with my body shape has changed as I've gotten older, I also realized when I was that size previously, I showed alot more skin. LOL - BUT my issue is I don't want to get rid of them, I like them. Do I get rid of my larger clothes? What if I gain the weight back. Ugh, decisions are hard.

Have a great day !

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 176.0

Old scale readings: 176.8, 176.0, 174.0
    New scale readings: 177.8, 176.8, 175.2
    Average of all six weights = 176.1
    Average of new scale weights = 176.6

I'm choosing to go with 176.0 as my starting point for the new scale and will do my weigh-ins on that scale going forward. It is red this week, but going back up so high should result in green next week. Also, I know that the increase is due to gluten I accidentally ate earlier this week. I've been bloated and not feeling well all week. Also, last week's exercises definitely added some bulk to my muscles.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I'm so excited for you with this possible new job. Waiting is so hard but I know you have been working hard with school for something like this.

@Gidgitgoescrzy tough decision - I also get really attached to my clothes and it's hard to let go

I have been struggling hard this week with the extra snacking. My husbands grandma passed this week and there's a lot of planning and rearranging of schedules to make the funeral happen. Not sure if it's partly that or I'm in a slight slump. My workouts have been strong but I fall into an eating slump. Water and sleep will help plus just choosing the next good meal/food for me and not get overwhelmed. I know what I need to do it's just doing it that can get me stuck. At least Friday is close by and I'll have time off from work, may be the reset I need.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @cleaneater80 I hear you on the snacking. I just can't seem to stop. I've been extra tired this week and that isn't helping me make good choices.

@conleywoods I hope you hear about the job. That would be awesome to be on your family's schedule!

@MaddawgMadsen what scale did you end up getting?
  • jugar
    Options
    I have been struggling hard this week with the extra snacking. My husbands grandma passed this week and there's a lot of planning and rearranging of schedules to make the funeral happen. Not sure if it's partly that or I'm in a slight slump. My workouts have been strong but I fall into an eating slump. Water and sleep will help plus just choosing the next good meal/food for me and not get overwhelmed. I know what I need to do it's just doing it that can get me stuck. At least Friday is close by and I'll have time off from work, may be the reset I need.
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @cleaneater80 I hear you on the snacking. I just can't seem to stop. I've been extra tired this week and that isn't helping me make good choices.
    Well, that makes 3 of us. What is it about this past couple of weeks? "Just can't stop" is the theme song, and I'm not liking it. Whatever the causes - tiredness, stress, slump, uncertainty - the snacking has to go, but that feels difficult right now.

I'm going to try a couple of things, and would love to hear what ideas you and other team members might have when this happens. It happens to all of us sometimes. So let's share some experimental methods and try them out.

I'm going to try a trifecta: back to logging (preferably before eating!), seriously planning substitutions for the worst trigger food(s), thinking through the body about what it is that this eating is trying to do - before doing it! Keeping exercise going stronger too. I really am not enjoying this, so doing some hard things has to happen. Hang in there!
  • jugar
    Options
    Friday! Here it comes, and the numbers due to shower down like confetti:

@ashleycarole86
    @EvMakesChanges
    @Kali225
    @jugar

Tally ho!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 253.8
    CW: 256.6
  • jugar
    Options
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good morning from UK Waistaways :smiley:

I hear you about snacking :wink:
    Last week I was very good and I made really good food choices. Because my weigh in day is Sunday - which also is my family day out day, I thought that will be my treat day, I promised my self I will eat what I want for that one day beacause I can always burn it off in next few days. WEll... One treat day turned into another :disappointed: Monday was also snacking day because I just couldn't stop.

I was ok from Tuesday and everyday I was below calories, I drunk a lot of water but my weigh in tomorrow is not looking good :neutral:
    I know it is due to stress. I was ill Tuesday and Wednesday. I've had a biggest headache and generally unwell, worked long hours at work... My weight on the scale is exactly the same for the last 3 days so I know it is water retention. I have very stressful day ahead of me today so from tomorrow I am sure I will see a loss and I am hoping for a woooosh! :smiley:

One thing I struggle with is relaxing :tired_face:

Before I would drink wine, but I just don't feel like it at the moment. I drunk too much lately and I need to stop it, reign it in a little. I've had no alcohol for 2 weeks now and I feel so much better for it.
    Or to relax I would eat something to make me feel better, well now my head is in losing weight streak so I don't want to eat unhealthy :smiley:

Apart from having a bath, what are your GO TO relaxing methods?

I really need to find something because I feel like my head is going to explode!

Have a lovely Saturday everyone! :heart:
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW=78,5Kg
    CW=78,8Kg
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 246
    CW 247.8
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Spent two nights up in Lloydminster for work this week but I'm back home. Next week Brad travels to Edmonton for work so it's busy around here. Aside from work, outdoor soccer season starts on Tuesday, my trailer at Pine Lake opens up in two weeks, and I'm doing another Pelofondo (150KM on the Peloton) today.

@strong_fit_ells I'm not the best ar coping with stress and often pick poor relaxing methods. But, on the positive side:
    Walking my dog, talking with a friend, getting a massage, watching a favorite TV show, listening to music, riding the Peloton, playing a board game

Congrats on two weeks without alcohol too. A lot of you have been dabbling with zero alcohol and it's lovely to see how much you're enjoying it.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

I'm off to pester Jasper :smiley: and then practice, finish my speaking notes, and get ready for tomorrow's concert. It's a challenging program, but I feel ready! Well, except for the speaking notes...

@strong_fit_ells I love your questions - even though you had trouble ending your "one" free day, you are doing great. Stopping alcohol for 2 weeks is huge and makes a big difference. It might make you more aware of some of the feelings of anxiety or stress because you have been numbing those, but it also makes the positive feelings stronger too. I would advise long walks to help with those stressy times, or even "angercise" - get some sweat on and really work those muscles! Enjoy getting strong. Try again for a single free day - it isn't a bad idea to let weigh-in day be easier than all the others, but then be sure to pre-log your Monday and tell yourself all week that you can eat that thing you're craving on next Sunday. Save it up. You've got this!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @strong_fit_ells I go for a walk and do a craft to de-stress. I love puzzles, knitting, and now I am learning to crochet. So my hands are busy, which doesn't allow me to have food in my hands 😂

Even though I am not snacking at home...I am snacking at work. That has to stop! My office is further from the break room...now I just need to stop going to it! I walked after work yesterday, which was nice because I wasn't planning it. I have plans for a walk tomorrow with a friend...I just hope it doesn,t rain.

I planted some tomatoes, squash, and peppers last week. My squash have started to sprout. It's my first time trying tomatoes from seeds and 3rd time peppers...we shall see!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Next week's Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 21st. Please join us for the Dance Party Challenge and get ready to throw down to your favorite songs all week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914022/april-week-4-group-challenge-dance-party-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!
    Let's wrap this week up :smiley:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @girlhitchhiker
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23

Thanks!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    CW: 144.6
    PW: 144.6

I haven’t been able to track my steps. My new tracker was faulty and I’m hoping to get a replacement this week xx
  • tlcjen12
    tlcjen12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @jugar sunday weight in - cw 175
This discussion has been closed.