1596061626365»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    Ha!!!! Splat Garfield is back!!!!😎

And pfffft

Given the disaster I was expecting to hear, I hear an almost miracle where you've only regained 10% or 13.2lbs!

Not that I don't appreciate that this can throw one for a loop and make them feel less swift and agile.... if you look up past posts you will see your's truly is in a similar spot.

But yes. You have to be and stay in the game if you want to stick the landing!

And your sneaking in a paraglider and catching a bit of an updraft doesn't mean you won't land!😎

**Sadness for sister though things didn't sound at all promising at the time.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    It is you!!! I read your other post first and guessed it to be.

My condolences on the loss of your sister. I'm glad you are here to take care of the wonderful Bella now - You will always be Bella in my mind because you brought such beautiful vibes with you always.

I've had a terrible downslide this year - but have been finding some firmer footing lately. I'm glad you are holding yourself to account quicker than I did! At the same time I'm going to be kind to myself too because I have held on to the belief that I will turn it around :)

I hope things turn around for your husband's health. Soon.

Hugs to you, our friend.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    Awww, thank you all so much for warm welcome!

And the lovely people at tech support allowed me to revert to my old user name!

Being kind to ourselves is so important when life is a roller-coaster - I'm here to get some support, but hopefully to give some too! It's so good to be back!
  • sancan26
    sancan26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm glad this group is here! Looking forward to getting healthy with like-minded people! I have been gone for quite a number of years but decided that I'm getting too....much(!)...and it was past time for me to get serious. Thanks for making it easy to join!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 🤗 Sancan.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Love your screen name, SanCAN! So very positive. Welcome. I've replied to your first Whoops! post - love that too. Let's make 2024 a feel good year. Nothing is ever perfect - but we have the power to make it better. See you in the threads. Looking forward to learning from you and your experiences.
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 29
    Options
    Hi guys I'm back .... I really was successful last time ... I lost 80 pounds and got stuck no matter what I did fluctuating ...gain a few pounds loose a few gain a few for like 6 months and I finally gave up .....again..... I'm not happy that I did that and it's been 2 years since I gave up and now I'm heaver than I was last time by just a bit at 301.4 pounds this morning ..... I started back to intermittent fasting today and I want this ..... I said I would never go back to being Fat but here I am .... I'm ready to get back in the saddle tho so here goes nothing ! Starting weight 304.6 - 1/31/24
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Woohoo! You came back. You have not given up. That's a big deal ❤️
  • PaulFee2024
    PaulFee2024 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi friends!

My name is Paul. I started this journey at 409 lbs and am currently sitting at just under 300 lbs. I at one point was at just above 250 but if I’m honest at that point I was doing nothing g but running and my relationship with food was terrible. As I stopped running, I began to gain quickly. Now, as I fight back, I have been really enjoying lifting and are on a continuous fight to get me back and crush new goals I never thought possible! Look forward to learning from you all! Feel free to add if looking for new friends! Let’s do this!!! 7ips2aflwgri.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Welcome Paul! There’s a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site. If you have time you might want to read through the older posts. Not sure about who does the friend thing off site (I don’t) but we’re a friendly bunch. Looking forward to helping you along the way.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello! Was jatki; had to rejoin as Creamtea42…..and have been MIA for ages!
    Left to care for MIL when FIL died & just never got back.
    Back now… lost 20 lbs doing CICO and another 20 switching to lower carb & Mediterranean style eating following a health scare … HbA1c 86 thankfully resolving & nearly in remission- back to 52-work in progress!
    Lately though have not been well with a Lupus flare & back on steroids and chemo, with all that that entails & feeling bad habits are sneaking back in!
    Already a couple of pounds have snuck back on & I’m only half to my ultimate goal of getting rid of 82lbs!
    I’ve come back to this group as several of you were so supportive in my endeavours last time! Laurie, Pav, Yooly & Alexandria….. sounds like you are all still here! 👋 Hope all doing ok & life not treating you too badly….
    I am hoping to re engage with you all &
    benefit from all your pearls of wisdom again & join in too!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 5
    Options
    Wave wave :blush:

Health *kitten*: ugh!
    Hereby ordering all ailments to be fixed for all!

<See, here I am, always telling everyone to do as I say--and yet it almost never works that way... maybe wiser people will come up with a better plan! :lol: >
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You’ve got a lot going on there Ms. Creamtea! Don’t know how many pearls of wisdom we can offer but we’re here to support you. Stick with us.
  • kdavixen2841
    kdavixen2841 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kim! I used to use this app a long time ago but then deleted my account. I've decided to come back to get back to basics and hopefully make it stick this time! I have over 100lbs to lose but doing this 2 lbs at a time. Really needing encouragement and accountability to stay inspired to keep the motivation going. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other. Gonna need all the help I can get 🤣
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Welcome Kdavixen! We’re here for you and each other. You can do this - slowly this time. Read over some posts and get to know us. Jump in anywhere. 🩷
  • PAV8888
    Options
    🙋‍♂️ welcome. Jump in. Say hello. Promise we don't bite!🤯 I think! 🤣

Because of how MFP works, in self defense, I tend to hang around the forums and the group discussions as it is too hard for me to keep up with the friend list.

So I've stopped using it or hanging out there. Which makes me a bit sad. But it is what it is!

• Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim 👋 … Nice to see you joining this group - wishing you success!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hi, Kim. I hope we see you around in our discussion threads. Much to learn from the older threads - and lots of support and fun in the newer.