Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 , Awesome Patti!
    @Tabatha_Cain , I'm so sorry about the charge for the contact exam. I know it's there, because I did wear them also. My insurance though paid most of it but I had a $20 deductible. That's much better than yours! Lol our Sunday looks so much like! This AM I went to meeting, after we stopped for groceries. Now I'm eating a delicious salad! It's a copy cat Olive Garden one. So yummy! In a bit I'll do the odd cleaning in the living room, bathroom than kitchen. With a lot of rest too. Enjoy cleaning Tabatha! Put stone music on and woohoo your way through!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a windy and cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i received a beautiful condolence card for me from my sister and her boyfriend. they were unable to make it to the memorial service on friday of last week. i am sure i will get more condolence cards and notes as time goes on. today i went for a long walk in the morning. i went for a short run earlier this afternoon. i donated some extra clothes to a clothing drop box that is near my place. i also bought and donated some extra non-perishable food while i was at the grocery store this morning and dropped it into the food bank box there. i like to help others whenever i can. i am still going through what clothes, stuff i had at my fiance's place. then i will start to go through his clothes, stuff. i have a lot of love and support to get me through this trying time. his passing was not expected and it has hit me hard. we had so many plans to do things and go places together, many of the places he had not been to before. so, in his memory, i will go to these places and celebrate at each one. i have also gained a lot of friends, too. by reaching out to others, i am getting a lot of love and support. i know i will get through this. grieving takes time and for each person it is different. have a wonderful day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon fellow travelers. It is a beautiful day compared to yesterday. Went to church and Kayla and I took a nice walk. Don worked some more in yard. Other than that nothing new or exciting here.
    Have a great rest of the day and a fantastic new week.

Today's affirmation:
    I open my mind to Spirit, and trust my intuition to deliver inspiring visions of my future.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @cormierannie , Hon I am so sorry. It hurts for sure. I always tell my friends "do not give away to much, to fast." If an article of his clothing he wore a lot you wish to have, please keep it. It'll bring you comfort when later on you just want to remember his smell etc. There is no time limit on grieving, My Mom Passed over 30 years ago, I STILL Miss her, my Dad almost 8 years ago, and daily my heart wishes he was here. There is no time limit. It's great you are very loved, we can see why.
    @kurtize, sounds like a great day!! Love the days when there is no drama etc. LOL OH MY YES!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and I am back at work. Boy did I sleep a lot this weekend but got a lot done. I slept and extra 48 minutes on Saturday and then I slept 11 hours total on Sunday. I really must have needed that sleep. I ended up getting down on my hands and knees and mopping my kitchen floor. I feel like it looks better when I do that. I also cleaned my bathroom and was able to get the calcium deposit off from inside the toilet bowl by letting the toilet bowl soak in cleaner and then using a flat head screw driver to get it all off. It looks so much better, but the hard water here is just a thing and it happens. I know so many friends who end up using like CLR to get that stuff off. I am glad I was able get it a lot cleaner, but I worked at it. I was not able to get the living room clean as that has Joe's stuff in it we brought from his mothers and we have to go through it and decide where we are going to store it.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - That is exactly what I do. I crank the music and clean my little heart out. That is what I love to do. We did start going through some of Joe's stuff and he found that he brought home the letters from his first wife from when he was in Basic training. It kinda made me sad that he was smiling and remembering. Not sure why. She was a wonderful person. We grew up together actually and so I know she was a good person. I just feel a little upset that I missed out on all of that. As Joe said he knew he wanted to marry me in high school, but then my Dad stepped in and scared the death out of his parents. So he stopped dating me. So I kinda am going through some it should have been me feelings right now.
    @cormierannie - I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you have a strong support system. Grieving does take time. Please let us know if you need an emotional pick me up or a virtual hug, and we will be here for you.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,225 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Wishing you a green and sustainable Earth Day filled with love for our planet.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM: I remain filled with love and light.
    Action for Happiness: Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    Happy National Jelly Bean Day!!!!
    Happy Earth Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to do great work is to love what you do.—Steve Jobs
    Day 112 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.55 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Work noon-6PM so getting my Chest/Arms + Pliability: Big Flexors after breakfast/before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,028 Member
    Options
    Diane: yeah it was a great lunch yesterday.
  • Kurtize
    edited April 22
    Options
    Happy Monday, I got another postcard on my walk, here is link.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest

Nice day but windy but Kayla and I still went for a walk. Not much new here.

Here is an article from inspire me today. "Savoring the Journey and the Destiny" by Amethyst Wyldfyre

https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/savoring-the-journey-and-the-destiny/?omhi
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Sometimes our parents, and we as parents (Etc) do things we wish we could UNDO!! I know I did!! OH BOY DID I EVER!! I wish I could STOPPED my GD from EVER dating "the idiot" as he surely turned out to be. No doubt your Dad had his reasons, as wrong as they were, but he'd not of known that. I am taking it he's passed before you and Joe got back together? Your Mom knows though! She knows, did she never share it with you, or were they not together at that point? OH MAN FAMILIES!! I'm sure there are things you could as a parent wish you could also undo. BUT!! now you and Joe are about to celebrate that precious sweet YEAR ONE anniversary!! THANKFULLY you are together now, and WOW! It's great hon!! We can't undo the past, but we can build stronger on the now.
    @Patti241 AWESOME!!! What did you do today? I had a Dr appointment (surgeon follow up and I do not need to go back! LOVE IT!! It's 30 mins away from here, most of that is is the turnpike.
    @Kurtize, LOL last night the wind was CRAZY BAD!!! But, I am LOL getting used to it, and it lulled me to sleep. GREAT JOB on the post card!! I'll be addressing many of you on PS4L! LOL DO NOT get to excited, Yes I am staying on the team as the Captain and YES my dear friend, SO ARE YOU as an FA!! We love you!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a great day despite the rain we are supposed to get today. Today at work I am going to be focusing again on memberships and all that stuff. I am hoping that things pan out for me to get a couple. It would be nice if I could get some. I really need some this month.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I do know parents make mistakes. I sure made plenty with my kids. My Dad has not passed away. He is in Prison. When Joe and I got back together I got into an argument with my Dad over Joe and I getting married. My Dad said Joe had to ask permission to marry me and I told my Dad I was already married once and I had 2 kids. Joe did not need to ask permission. My Dad threw a fit and so I stopped talking to him. My Mom just says your dad is your dad and he was protecting you. I am grateful we are together now. I thank God every day for bringing us back together.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The root of joy is gratefulness.—David Steindl-Rast
    I AM: I am in control of how I think, feel, and behave.
    Action for Happiness: Get out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    Happy World Book Day!!!!
    Happy National Talk Like Shakespeare Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Carl Lewis
    Day 113 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.64 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my Back/Shoulders + Pliability: Hip Day after breakfast/before work. This afternoon I’ll get in my 60 min walk before leaving work.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I just rested yesterday. Glad you do not have to go back to the doctors.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I thought of you yesterday when I did join the advantage plan. I know the girl who helped me was some happy! It finally paid off for her, and it will you also. Hopefully you had some interest. LOL Sorry that DID make me giggle hmmm an adult woman doesn't need permission to marry. sounds like your Dad has more issues to deal with, hopefully, he'll take the opportunities offered because hey he can't be young. I am so sorry though, but DELIGHTED you and Joe are together now!! That's FANTASTIC!!

@Patti241, HI Patti!! It's good to rest up at times!! I agree, I am thrilled that was quite the ride down. I am not sure how those who do not live in the city do it.
  • Kurtize
    edited April 23
    Options
    Hello all, happy Tuesday. @Dianedoessmiles1 and @Tabatha_Cain- I agree as parents and as children we have made mistakes. I know I have learned a lot. Tomorrow they fixed my clogged vein. The dr says it is an easy procedure. They just numb skin; you are not even under a sedative. After procedure need to wear a compression stocking full leg for 36 hours. Walk 2 times a day for 15 minutes. No heavy exercise or lifting. After 36 hours wear stocking 24 ours a day for 3 days, then just during the day for following 7 days. There will be a follow up visit to make sure procedure was successful. It was another nice day. After I went to dermatologist did nothing but sit on porch and enjoy the day unit I decided it is time to get some exercise in. Other than that, nothing exciting here. Its 78 and a very slight breeze. Hugs and blessing all. Have a wonderful rest of the day.

@Tabatha_Cain -A one year anniversary, it feels like we just were looking at your wedding pictures. time is flying by. Congratulations and many many more.

Today's affirmation: I am open to receiving the generous gifts of Spirit. I hold no expectations or demands on the form, the timing, or the color of the wrapping on the bountiful gifts of Spirit
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. I can tell. Today I have some more shopping and stuff to do since I have 2 months until my wedding anniversary. This one is going to be a great anniversary I can tell. I mostly have my present done. I just need to do a little more. Find a few more pictures to use and things like that. Yesterday was a good day as well I got a lot of calls out made to get some memberships and I ended up with 2 memberships yesterday. It is a good start and I am going to keep going today.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I was able to get 2 memberships. So I did have some interest. Yes I find it funny that my Dad threw a fit. I am so happy with Joe. Today is 10 months married. Only 2 more to go before our full year.
    @Kurtize - I really hope that clogged vein procedure works well for you. That sounds nice that you were able to sit on the porch and enjoy for a bit before exercising. Thank you. Our anniversary is June 24th. So not that far away.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: Yeah I guess I needed the rest.
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.—Maya Angelou
    I AM: I choose to be a happy person full of love.
    Action for Happiness: Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wildlife-spotting.
    Happy National Scream Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.—Ernie Banks
    Day 114 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.14 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting into the gym for a Legs Day + Custom Core workout then home later for Pliability: Shoulders + Wrists in the afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    The procedure went well. Only took about 20 minutes, it took me longer trying to get the compression stocking. LOL. Hope you all have a great day. Hugs
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You don’t remember what happened. What you remember becomes what happened.—John Green
    I AM: I am a good human being.
    Action for Happiness: Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    Happy National Penguin Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to do great work is to love what you do.—Steve Jobs
    Day 115 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.69 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk at work.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting into the gym this afternoon for Shoulders/Chest + Custom Core Workout then home for dinner and Pliability Warrior Routine: Han Solo and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.