Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,670 Member
    Options
    HI all happy Friday and weekend. @Lopeyp - I love the challenges for that reason plus it gives me infor on the area and sometimes I will go check the spots out on the internet. I know I am not going to be traveling so this is my way to see the world.

We took Kayla to the groomers then went grocery shopping. Not much else is new here. Hugs and blessings.

Today's affirmation
    3qc6zu7r43nc.png

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    @Lopeyp, GOOD to see you!!!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Gentleness is stronger than severity, water is stronger than rock, love is stronger than force.—Herman Hesse
    I AM: I accept joy as the essence of my being.
    Action for Happiness: Look around for things that bring you a sense of awe and wonder.
    Happy National Belly Dancing Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Carl Lewis
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Day 131 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.75 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting laundry done, At Home Resistance Bands: Back/Biceps after breakfast, Pliability: Spine + Hams this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning Diane.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241, HI Patti!! Today looks nice outside. I think I'll call a friend for a small walk. How about you?
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Saturday
    wl963rs1kaxr.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, So TRUE!! So True, also the book of Solomon in the Bible says that also and way before this person.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and it is Mother's Day. Joe and I will be watching church and then we will be heading to my mother's house to give her her gift and then heading to Joe's parents home to give his mother her gift. I hope they like them.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Having Thursday off was totally helpful. I felt so much better. The weather was wet and cold so that triggered back, hip, and knee pain and then with the stress going on at work it triggered the fatigue. So by Thursday I was exhausted and just could not stay away. They do have me on 2 meds that are supposed to be helping and they seem to be working decently, but I still have some pain and issues.
    @Kurtize - I love that last meme. It is great.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Mindfulness gives you time. Time gives you choice. Choices, skillfully made, learn to freedom.—Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
    I AM: I have value and I matter,
    Action for Happiness: Listen to a favorite piece of music and remember what it means to you.
    Happy Mother’s Day!!!!
    Happy National Military Spouse Appreciation Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe you can and you’re halfway there.—Theodore Roosevelt
    Day 132 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.59 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off today so getting in my Pliability: Balanced Benders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , how did the trip go to your Moms? Did you all have a nice time? Awww as you know being a Mom is a 24 hour job even when the kids are grown, you never stop thinking of them, wishing them the very best. Listening to them, and awww caring. I am glad you are on 2 meds that are helping you. Once the pain is tolerable hopefully you'll be able to do physical therapy or do chair stretches (SO MANY online!) I'd first work on my core, than stretching the muscles the fibro has hurting. Tabatha, I do these all the time, and can easily get my pain down to a 0! YES A ZERO!! And when it pops up again (daily, but rarely over a 3) just doing 2 to 3 mins of stretches and it's back to a ZERO! It just means being on top of it.
    @Patti241, HI Patti!! Did you enjoy the weekend?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and Joe and I have a half day from work as we have an appointment with the Bariatric doctor today in the afternoon. I am really looking forward to that appointment, but I am a bit worried only because she wanted me to work on strength training and I have not really been doing that. Yesterday Joe and I definitely worked on our thigh muscles. Joe and I decided to go for a walk. Well I let Joe choose the place and he was like lets try this new trail. Well it was literally uphill and down hill the whole way. I got 3/4 of a mile in and I couldn't do it anymore. My thighs were giving up and on the way back I honestly thought I was going to have to crawl up the next hill to get to my car. This morning I am fine. No pain in my thighs, but yesterday I thought I was going to die if I had to walk any farther. It was so fun. Here is a picture of us on the trail.

qf25o8dk09as.jpg

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It was a pretty good trip to my Mother's. We stayed about 20 minutes before her husband started smoking some medicinal stuff. Which Joe and I choose not to be around so we left. Then we went to Joe's parents and stayed there for several hours. During our time there is when we went for the walk while we were waiting for them to finish preparing dinner. I definitely need to work on my core muscles. Then do some stretching. I do have to start all that stuff. I agree that the Fibromyalgia can be completely manageable. Although I think the fatigue may be a little harder to control.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.—Rabindranath Tagore
    I AM: I am fortunate in many ways.
    Action for Happiness: Find out about the values or traditions of other cultures.
    Happy National Humus Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Pele
    Day 133 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my At Home Residence Bands: Legs/Core & Core Challenge: Core, Pliability: Total Package after breakfast/ before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Macrat, I really enjoy the QOTD you post!

Tabatha, as someone who also has fibro, I can tell you it does get better! I went from being in excruciating 20/10 pain to now having 3/10 on a good day and 8/10 on a bad day (which rarely happens now!). All I did was as focus on strength training and when doing cardio pushing myself a little bit further every time (so one more lap up and down the hallway, a couple more minutes in the pool, etc) I’d love to hear if you’ve found something that helps you!

Morning Patti!

Good morning Diane!

I’m currently waiting on a delivery of an Apple Watch. I made the decision to switch because purchasing an Apple Watch through my phone provider is cheaper than paying for the lifeline service that provides fall detection anywhere, plus it is more functional! I gave my old Watch to my niece and helped her dad hook it up to his phone. That kid can easily do 3k steps a day on top of swimming and dancing and she has such a reserve of energy!
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    My DH and I went out for a walk yesterday morning and today decided to take a bike ride because it was nothing like yesterday! Today it's hot already, yesterday was cool in the morning.
    I made the decision to come back to the 5% challenge because I felt I was missing all my buddies here. I felt it so strange to be gone so long. I kept my pain and feeling to myself and close family and friends. For that, I'm sorry. But I'm back to get down to my goal weight. It really came back quick once the chemo was done.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    :)
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Welcome back @aalley5. Nice day today, sat on the porch and had my morning coffee. We had Thai food for lunch it was very good. Not much else is new. hugs and blessings all.

Today's Daily inspiration
    62nuap02kvxs.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, How did the appointment go? What a GORGEOUS Path you both walked on!!
    @Patti241 HI Patti!! What ya doing today?
    @Missionalman, ENJOY the apple watch!! I got an off brand watch for just over 50, it comes with Alexa and if I fall I just press it and say "Alexa call 911" . Nice to see you again!
    @Aalley5, Hon we are so happy to have you back with us!!! So sorry you went through so much, but WOW Hey congrats you beat it!! Please remember to ask for a team here's the link (you may of done this if you saw my email from earlier today).
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10911856/still-need-a-team-sign-up-only-here-new-members-are-welcome#latest
    @Kurtize, Ohhh sitting on the porch with a hot drink sounds soooo good. Thai is so yummy!!
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 the worry with me falling is often times if I do fall it’s because I’m just about to have a seizure so I can’t press a button to call - so Siri will automatically call if ever I fall!

I spent the day procrastinating on schoolwork by cleaning and rearranging my room. It feels much more spacious now! I just moved into a new place and I am slowly unpacking. I think some of you might remember that I moved last fall- well, that building turned out to be really unsafe and I was actually attacked once. But I live on a quiet street now and my housemates are nice. The woman who lives downstairs is a big believer in prayer and energy work and her granddaughter likes to come upstairs and hang out with me. I’m able to do the stairs!!! My knee has stabilized enough that they don’t hurt except at the end of the day. I go for an MRI of my knee next week and then one of my heart in June to see if the myocarditis caused any damage. My heart beats much harder than it should. My rhr is typically 85-90 bpm and we don’t know if it is my weight, the ADHD meds or an issue with my heart. So I take things slow and exercise in short bursts so that my heart can keep up.

I’m going to settle into my recliner to crochet and listen to an audiobook. I am working through two right now - Can’t hurt me by David Goggins and Clever Girl Finance by Bola Sukunbi. They’re both really good! If you’re looking for a story about overcoming all the odds, check out an interview with Goggins on YouTube. Just be warned, the interview may mention child and spousal abuse he endured and witnessed growing up. But if you can get past that, it’s his journey through Navy Seal training and how he became known as the toughest man alive.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a great day. I have so much I want to get done at work today. I am tired today. I did a lot yesterday. I did a lot of walking on Sunday and then yesterday I started cleaning and rearranging the living room. We have a lot of stuff in the living room as we are slowing bringing Joe's stuff back from his parents pole barn and putting in a storage area here at home. Either the basement or the upstairs closet. I think I may finally have sold the tablecloths from our wedding in June of last year. I am meeting a lady at my work on Wednesday. I hope she purchases them. It would really help if she does.

@missionalman - I will definitely let you know. I am still working on what works for myself, but I did go for a walk on Sunday and pushed myself a bit and feel pretty decent. I am just tired now. Trying to combat the fatigue. That is good. Yes the Apple Watches do great on the fall detection and it is pretty good. I have a Samsung Health Watch and my husband has the Apple Watch. We both love them. That is great that you were able to get to a different place to stay. I am sorry you were attacked. I hope your heart issue is a simple fix. I love cleaning and rearranging. That is nice that your neighbors granddaughter likes to come and visit with you.
    @aalley5 - We are glad to have you back. It is pretty warm out this morning. Remember we are here too. We will support you in any way we can. Don't hesitate to share that you cannot do something because of pain or that you tried this instead of this to help with the pain.
    @Kurtize - I love that meme. Yesterday was a great day to sit on the porch. Today we are supposed to rain.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - My appointment was ok. The doctors office got hacked with ransomware so they cannot access any of our charts. I had to tell her everything we discussed via email, and the changes we made. So it really felt like a pointless appointment. I don't feel like I got anything from it.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha