Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,488 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I hope the meeting went well. I am not sure I could work for a place that wants to talk to me if I can't. The ecomony isn't doing well!! SURE it's NOT admitted, but it is when you look at some restaunts wo are shifting (THANKFULLY) foods to different types, smaller portions (YEAH!) and less cost. I'm so sorry hon that's very stressful!! With your coworkers H do they have any programs to help with the electric bill? Glad you are checking into the insurance with a MD and acupunture. Its amazing!
    @Schnootie !! HI Ute!!! WAVING you pass by CHEERING YOU ON!! WOOHOO!!! Are you settling into your new team? Slim Possible is an amazing team! Love Dee and Diane!
    @Patti241, are you cloudy today through at least Thurs? Usually it hits you all and climbs so HAPPILY to the Northeast!! I LOVE it where I live (born and raised here!) but, yeah we get the weather from the west as well as the southern states. HEY its where we get the NOREASTORS FROM and you KNOW from being on the same team and being here I GO CRAZY WILD IN HAPPINESS at a GOOD OLE NOREASTOR and even MORE so a BLIZZARD!! Heheheheheh what's NOT TO LOVE? Cold, snow, AND MORE SNOW!! WOOHOO!!! And if we lose power for a TINY BIT LOLOL We know I like that also (hopefully not lose any food!) it's just a break from the city noise, but I also love living in the city. There's a hush that comes over the city when people are inside (LOL against their WILL). I'd not want that for long, so it works for me, or it's me just making the best out of any situation I am in.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,920 Member
    Options

Happy Tuesday you all. I went to dr and he is going to do my right leg tomorrow, there is a vein in that leg which is not working right, I wasn't expecting that. So it will be another take it a bit easy week. The weather is nice in 80's with a breeze which is now working up to be more windy. @Tabatha_Cain: hope all went well. @Dianedoessmiles1 thank you. Planning out my exercise plan, had a more aggressive plan but will have to put off since right leg is going to be done. Other than that not much more to say or that is new. Hugs and blessings.

PS I finished my walk
    vg7h4pzxl8fl.jpg

Today's Inspiration: “Life is yours to create, if only you believe it to be.”
    - Karen Downing
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize And there I thought I was the only one doing the Conqueror Challenges!!! I am working on the 2024 medal for steps, the West Coast Trail for times I go to the YMCA, the Flower Trail for housework and the Cotswold Way for Geocaching finds. I just finished the Shire. Those medals are so pretty, and I love to compete against myself. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!! Sending good vibes for your leg!

@Dianedoessmiles1 I absolutely love my team!! So many cool people in it, and everyone is so supportive. A great team. I am cheering right back at ya!!!

To all a good night!

Hugs and Cheer,
    Ute

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, WISHING you the best tomorrow (Today). Please as you can keep us up on how you are. SO HAPPY you made it through the night last night (Monday). UNREAL the storms and super scary!!
    @Schnootie, SO HAPPY you love your team!!! LOVE LOVE IT!! I knew you would!! MS is a very good team!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and well we had some pretty decent storms last night. The town next to us got hit with a Tornado and it wiped out a Fedex building. The people inside are all accounted for and ok. We had 3 tornadoes in town yesterday. The siren would go off and then 30 or so minutes later it would go off again for another tornado sited in the area. I am not sure if our town received any damage, but definitely a scary thing. My home and my family are all ok. So that is what I was concerned about.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - My meeting went ok. I mean it is what it is. I am sure the electric company for my coworker has some sort of budget plan, as I am on the budget plan and have been for years. We all mention at work all the time how people are not able to afford things and they are complaining about the insurance prices. So I am sure my boss knows the economy is having a rough time.
    @Kurtize - Wow, well at least you are getting things taken care of. Plus I think you said recovery was not that bad. Except trying to get the sock on at times. Good luck with this surgery. So glad you are having some nice weather. Way to go on finishing your walk.
    @Schnootie - I think Joe and I will be starting those races as well. Good luck getting your 2024 medals.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday

Tabatha
  • Schnootie
    Options
    Good Morning all,

I had a nice slumber, cut short by a silly dream that left me wide awake. Nothing bad, just dreamed of a friend coming over unexpected and me trying to straighten up the house really quick. I fell into bed last night without cleaning up, so exhausted from a long day. Brains are weird lol.

@Tabatha_Cain Go for it!! Are you each picking your own, or doing the challenge together? There are so many great ones to pick from. Let us know which one is the winner! I always love the ones that have street view. Every time I log something, I look where I am in the world. I have seen some really beautiful landscapes on my travels. Also added some of the medals to my bucket list of places to visit and actually try to walk the real path!! Glad you are safe from the storms!

Well, I gotta get ready for work. To all a great day!

Hugs and Cheer,
    Ute

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.—William Faulkner
    I AM: I live and love with intention.
    Action for Happiness: Set yourself a kindness mission to help others today.
    Happy National Donkey Day!!!
    Happy World Cross and Red Crescent Day!!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.—Simone Biles
    Day 128 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.49 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off today so getting into the gym for Legs Day + Core Challenge: Core then this afternoon Pliability: Wrists + Shoulders and 60 min walk after dinner. I was supposed to be off Friday but one of the guys forgot to ask off for an out of town graduation so I switched with him.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,920 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    Had my procedure, this one was so much different then the last one. The last one,1,2,3 done. This one sheets were wrapped around me, and it was longer. The last one the vein was in the thigh area, this one vein in calf area near and below the left side of knee. Same care though for after the procedure. Was a little sorer but nothing terrible. @Tabatha_Cain & @Schnootie haven't decided what trail next. I started 2024 walk in April and still working on that one. Yes the medals are beautiful and I complete against self also. @Tabatha_Cain glad you are safe. Yes, tornados are scary. I have been through earth quakes and hurricanes and tornados scare me the most.
    I just read this article from Inspire me today, by Ken Thurber, "Your 5 Principle Framework for Life.
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/your-5-principle-framework-for-life/?omhide=true
    Thought it good and interesting, hope you enjoy, hugs all
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , OH MAN Tabatha!! So many on our team were also all around it, so far I am not hearing from any directly hit. THANKFULLY you are and your family!! So sorry about work, I am really not thinking the economy will turn around quickly, though it will.
    @Schnootie, LOL I hate it when our brain plays games like that!!! Actually people coming over to visit US not to see how clean we are.
    @Patti241 HI Patti!!! Yesterday was so nice at 70 today? LOL 48 (felt like 43)
    @Kurtize, GLAD you had that done!! Now it'll be out of the way!! Hopefully, you'll need no more done, but if you do, you know what it entails. I can see why tornados scare you the most!!! They would be too!! Maine gets them now, RARELY maybe 3 a year and they usually a F0 or an F1, rare to see more.
  • Schnootie
    Options
    @Kurtize "The best measure of significance is whether your action improved the world that day." That is the best thing I read in a while. So true!!! Good article, thanks for sharing. I hope the procedure is done and over with and you can get back to normal.

@Dianedoessmiles1 I agree, I never care what someone's house looks like, but I do get really self conscious if someone stops by and catches my house in disarray. I'm not a good housekeeper, but working on it :wink:

Hope everyone is staying safe today.

• Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and I am hoping it will be a good day. I think I am taking the day off work. I am exhausted and stressed and hurting. It is affecting my fibro. So I told my husband I am taking a day. I messaged my boss and she has yet to respond. But I did message her.

@Schnootie - The brain does create some weird dreams. I think we were talking about doing the same ones. I do have the website bookmarked and have been looking at the different challenges available. That would be awesome to go and actually see the places you got medals in.
    @Kurtize - That is good that it was not something terrible. I hope you get the 2024 walk done and get a medal for that as well. My son is also terrified of tornadoes.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am not thinking the economy will turn around either. At this point I really feel like we are struggling a lot. I am glad all your team members are safe. I am glad Joe and I are safe as well.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. Language alone is meditation.—Toni Morrison
    I AM: I am a magnet for positivity.
    Action for Happiness: What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today.
    Happy National Lost Sock Memorial Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.—Ernie Banks
    Day 129 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.59 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 min walk.
    Work 7AM-1PM then getting into the gym for Shoulders/Chest + Core Challenge: HIIT before coming home, Pliability Warrior Routine: Anakin and 60 min walk after dinner.

• Patti241
    Options
    Diane: It was 85 degrees here.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Schnootie, I used to keep a "perfect" house, but I am older now and LOL SLOWER!! Its to hard now to keep 100% spotless. It helped that a friend remarked "Oh good! Now I can relax when I am over here! I was always so afraid if I dropped anything you'd never invite me over again!"
    @Tabatha_Cain , if you were able to take off the day, what did you do? We went through stuff in the 80s again in the 90s at least we know life can quickly turn around fast and we can get through it!
    I put this up for a team member on PS4L and thought you'd all get a chuckle out of it (@Kurtize, you get to see it 2 times!)
    gumqa7tielt4.png
    @Patti241, Hmmmm NO TY!! Today we hit 52, thankfully it's not getting hot to fast!! Last at this time I had my AC in, this year? My heat is still on!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and I am back at work. I did take yesterday off. It was great. I got up in the morning and got my morning stuff done and got Joe off to work. Then laid down and went back to sleep. Woke up at 10:25 am and went to have lunch at 11 with Joe and then a 12 pm therapy appointment. Went home and back to bed until 4:45 pm. Then I got up and started dinner and then Joe and I were back in bed by 9 pm and asleep shortly after that. So well I slept a lot. I mean a lot. I still feel a bit tired today, but I think that is normal for Fibro. Always Always tired. I think yesterday was the laziest I have been in a long long time. It was nice. But we had rain yesterday and it really was affecting my joints and such with the pain.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I definitely took the day off and slept all day. Not sure if that is something you have done, but I feel like when I push myself too hard then my fibro makes me feel exhausted and then I have to sleep a day away. Today I see my doctor to go over things and talk about the fibro. I am hoping that I am able to get everything in I want to say. I will have to make notes on what I want to talk about. My FMLA got approved for 4 days a month and I am not sure why it is only 4 days a month. My therapist said she had never heard of them putting a time limit on intermitten leave like that. So I am going to get a copy of my FMLA paperwork to see what all was listed and stuff.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Challenging the meaning of life the truest expression of the state of being human.—Viktor Frankl
    I AM: I am constantly attracting new and improved relationships.
    Action for Happiness: Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times.
    Happy National Public Gardens Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not a one time event. It’s a process. It’s a journey. It’s a never-ending pursuit.--Tony Robbins
    Day 130 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.97 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day as always with a 45 min walk.
    Work 9AM-5PM so today is an active recovery day and will get in Pliability: Ankles + Hips and 60 min walk.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , That is a STRANGE FMLA, but glad you got something. Fibro is very tiring, hopefully as you get help with the pain and pain control (some SSRI's can help) the tiring will lessen. Was today helpful?
    @Patti241, Good day Patti!!!
  • Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize - I just checked out your challenge with the postcards. That's really cool.
    I have a postcard collection that I mostly did when I was younger. I've noticed that it's hard to find postcards some places.