Can you play a musical instrument?

I played flute, clarinet and piano I was also in choir in High School
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    6n5t7t9a70d1.jpg

I played flute, clarinet and piano

I used to sing, play piano, and a little bit of guitar.. I need to get back into music but life gets in the way.
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    pbtbpc0r2nwh.jpg

Are you left handed or right handed?

I am right handed. Although drive with my left hand.

I am right-handed although many sports I do left-handed. I have twin sons that are mirror image twins. One is left-handed and the other is ambidextrous
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    6n5t7t9a70d1.jpg

No musical talents in my body. I took piano lessons when I was young, so can read music - but can I play - noone would agree that I can! LOL!

• JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 397
    CW - 389.8

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Wonderful loss!!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @itladyee
    Did it take you some time get used to working out during your fast? I feel like it's been ingrained in me to get my fuel, then work out...lmao but come to think of it, I'm not working out much these days 😅 I'm just so nervous about not having enough energy to get through a workout. But that's obviously silly because my body has PLENTY to burn from LOL!

QOTD: I do! I am a loud and proud band geek!! I started when I was 11. My high-school excelled in academics, but was very supportive of the arts. So being in our near 100 person marching band was a great club to participate. Band wise, i was in marching band, concert band, jazz band. Some years I had features in songs. Some of my best memories and life lessons were built there. Disapline, Cooperation, Love 😍
    I can play the clarinet, saxophone, and have s.l.o.w.l.y. picked up a ukulele!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 397
    CW - 389.8

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

7.2lb!!!! And into another decade!!! That is an amazing loss, well done you. I'm so happy for your progress!!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 185lb
    Cw 183.5lb

Nearly back to my pre birthday binge weight!!! But I'm keeping going this time and making the 170s my normal weight!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps so far this week

Sun 28th 3,589 rainy rest day!
    Mon 29th 6,097 rain rain rain
    Tues 30th 15,031
    Wed 1st 11,587
    Thur 2nd 14,619

🙂
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Thursday

👣 22,880 steps
    📝 Logged Everything
    🥗 Stayed under my calorie range (barely)
    🫀 Cardio - 35 Min
    💦 7 glasses of water
    🧂 Missed my Sodium Goal
    📖 🎮 Read a couple chapter of Sorceror's Stone, and a little bit of the Burning Page, played on my phone for a bit.
    🌷🪻Happy May! 🌷🪻

Busy day yesterday. Got our morning walk done, then worked in the garden most of the day. Spread the rest of the soil and turned it in. Got the carrots, potatoes, and parsnips planted. Cleaned up the screened porch which was filled with garden stuff. Exhausted, so of course binged a little - but with all the exercise today came just under my calorie limit.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,791 Member
    edited May 3
    Options
    3vra20vssbc9.jpg

Do you have a favorite memory?

My favorite memory was doing anything with dad ... We went to car shows, Airplane shows etc. He had a 1956 ford pick-up that we worked on together...He sold it to an 18 year old who wrapped it around a telephone pole ..soooo sad ... unfortunately my dad died in 1994 when his 2nd wife pulled a gun on him and gave him a heart-attack he was 51 when he died ...boy do I miss him a lot :'(
  • MommieJeannie
    MommieJeannie Posts: 35 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have changed to a Saturday weigh in as well, and provided my starting weight last Saturday
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have changed to a Saturday weigh in as well, and provided my starting weight last Saturday

oops I have you down as a Sunday weigh-in ...I will get that changed ..I apologize
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 3
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I will get it changed for you ... I apologize
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,086 Member
    Options
    Motto:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

Daily Goals for May
    1. Calories @1650 and protein 150g.
    2. Limit Wine to the weekend, if at all.
    3. Water - Minimum of 80 ounces
    4. Exercise 6 days a week (core/strength train/cardio)
    5. Consistently hit 10k steps - Goal 20+ days.
    6. Daily reads or audible.
    7. Post work out snack

Recap: No whoosh...but I'm not going to worry about it. I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing :)

- THOUGHTS:

ejnjzamf7pl2.png

Unfortunately this is true and probably one of my biggest downfalls...especially this weekend....

Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo... it will be interesting! We used to have a race track near us, and I enjoyed going to watch the horses race. I will watch on TV but it won't be the same. One day, I might just go to the Derby as it looks like so much fun....but I've never been able to pull off a good "hat" look...oh well🙂

My husband likes to do the Cinco de Mayo celebration as he loves Mexican food. I think we will roll the two events into a single day (Saturday), also known as damage control :). I have a recipe for carnitas in the instant pot that I will make. I will probably make guacamole and salsa. The salsa and guac aren't so bad....it's the chips that get me.... I should look up some veggies chips that I could make...from zucchini maybe??? hmmm...

What does your weekend look like?

My favorite memory, I have so many but I'll choose one to share.... it's along story but I love it.
    One day early in December, my son and I visited a Christmas tree farm to cut down a tree for the first time. Core was 4 and was excited about the spirit of Christmas.
    It was about an hour away from where we lived at the time. When we arrived, we were greeted by Elves in varying red and green outfits, we were given hot chocolate to drink as we began to stroll the farm. After viewing a few rows, Corey pointed to a six foot Douglas fir as his choice.

We cut down the tree, took tons of pictures, bagged it, tied it to our car, and began the trek home to begin the decorating process.
    We got home, brought the tree inside, prepared some cider and started decorating the tree. I recalled our family’s long-time tradition of obtaining a tree about three weeks before Christmas, usually the kind requiring assembly; decorating it and then populating with presents until the holiday. The magic occurred in the early morning hours of December 25th, when Santa brought the wish-list gifts and strategically placed them unwrapped under the tree for the surprise of Christmas morning.

We strung the red and white lights and hung ornaments on the tree, each with a story reiterated every year. Corey attentively listened as I handed him the ornaments to place on the tree. We continued adorning and storytelling until all the decorations were neatly and satisfactorily arranged on the tree.

We skipped our nightly bedtime story, and Corey eagerly went to bed earlier than his normal bedtime. I remained awake until midnight and retired as well.

The next morning, Corey stood, crying hysterically, at the foot of my bed. While not appearing to be in physical pain, it was obvious something terrible had occurred. Sobbing uncontrollably, I could barely understand him. Finally, I heard the words. “Santa didn’t come.”

I almost started crying as well, but my tears were from laughter, not sadness. “Oh honey,” I said as I reached out to console my little boy. “Today isn’t Christmas. We have three more weeks to wait for Santa!” Relieved, he was able to display a meek smile through the, now slowing, flow of tears. Later that day, we purchased a calendar so that Corey could mark the days as they expired until Christmas.

@aactuallyaash ~ Not at all, I've had no problem working out in a fasted state. I think my body has plenty to work with as well. :wink: My workout is so early as well, my body just does it. Granted, I'm not a power lifter by any means. My heaviest weights are on my leg days when I extend 45lb and curl 70lb. I do try to increase my weights over time ....

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate
    4/28 8,085
    4/29 9,293 ST = 15
    4/30 12,717 ST = 20
    5/1 10,097 ST = 15
    5/2 10,820 ST = 10
    5/3
    5/4

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I will get it changed for you ... I apologize ...it is all fixed for you ...You are now a Saturday weigh-in :)
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/1: 6982
    5/2: 6391
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW 170.8
    CW 170.8