Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Today's food:

Lemonade protein drink

1 egg, ham steak

Top Sirloin steak and mushrooms

And I'll have to add some other protein source

Do you get to add veggies at some point? Or fruit? 🍎

I've been eating some fruit, berries mostly. And I do have some veg. Tonight it's the mushrooms. The issue is volume. I can only fit so much in my stomach at a time, so I have to prioritize protein.

I am the opposite of Pav. Low volume eater lol.

I do take a bariatric multi and calcium everyday, plus 2 fish oil caplets.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    The funny part is that I am definitely a WAY lower volume eater than I USED to be.... and I don't even (often) miss it, surprisingly. Last few times I've gone to AYCE (and it hasn't been much more than 2 or 3 times that I HAVE gone to them over the past couple of years) the total quantity I consumed is not even 2/3 of what I used to eat there, yet I was feeling similarly uncomfortable from over-stuffing.

Funny part is that in spite of high or low volume... with weight loss and time the internal calorie counting hamsters seem to have become QUITE adept at figuring out their actual caloric intake better even than the apps.

I am aware that my calories are (significantly) low in spite of the high volume/full from volume feeling. And I can be out there looking for a small sized high Cal hit in spite of being "physically full". And the opposite. I can be "not hungry", at least for a short while, based on calories without the volume. But adding some volume makes it much better!!! :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The funny part is that I am definitely a WAY lower volume eater than I USED to be.... and I don't even (often) miss it, surprisingly. Last few times I've gone to AYCE (and it hasn't been much more than 2 or 3 times that I HAVE gone to them over the past couple of years) the total quantity I consumed is not even 2/3 of what I used to eat there, yet I was feeling similarly uncomfortable from over-stuffing.

Funny part is that in spite of high or low volume... with weight loss and time the internal calorie counting hamsters seem to have become QUITE adept at figuring out their actual caloric intake better even than the apps.

I am aware that my calories are (significantly) low in spite of the high volume/full from volume feeling. And I can be out there looking for a small sized high Cal hit in spite of being "physically full". And the opposite. I can be "not hungry", at least for a short while, based on calories without the volume. But adding some volume makes it much better!!! :wink:

I used to be able to out it away. Haven't done AYCE since pre-covid with the Mexican buffet (umm Queso), but when I'd guilt order Chinese when I was the only person home, I'd get like 8 fried dumplings, 10 fried Wonton, a couple spring rolls and a whole entree for myself (usually some kind of battered, deep fried chicken with calorific sauce) and sub noodles for rice, and actually eat all of it. Or I could get McDonald's, do like a double QP, 10 nuggets and 2 large fries. Or a medium pan pizza and also 10 wings. Or, or, or... You get the idea. I never felt good after I ate like that, I could easily be satisfied with alot less, and I could often go long stretches not doing it... But I could pack it in.

Now, I max out at ~ 4oz (if measured raw) or 3oz if measured Cooked.

Today specifically I had one scoop of lemonade protein powder in 18oz water (20g protein), 3oz ham steak (14) and one egg (6) fried in a tiny bit of butter. Then later I had a "Protean" which is protein iced tea (15), then for supper 4.44oz (raw weight) grass fed top sirloin (18 I think) and 4oz of white button mushrooms (1ish), sauteed in butter with garlic. And even eating slowly and doing all the things I am supposed to, I feel very full after those meals. Not uncomfortable, but full. I will actually get sneezes if I drink too fast, and a runny nose if I get too full.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 4
    Options
    Heh heh. Interesting concept of guilt order.

My Chinese food order was dinner for two as a minimum with "for three" way more than once with the excuse of variety and leftovers... for the next meal, not the week.

Pizza was large plus 2l pop for a meal or large plus pasta plus garlic bread and 2l coke classic for the day. Or two large pizza and pop. Good healthy stuff.

2l or 6pack of coke classic was hydration. Cause aspartame unhealthy! And I would eat a salad with olive oil (healthy) with the pizza! 👍

In the decade before I started dealing with activity and weight in 2014, I was more likely to go for ayce than order in though.

Multiple times a week either ayce fish and chips or sushi or Indian. Otherwise pho or breakfast places

Funny thing is I didn't even believe at the time that I was overdoing it as much as I was.

Sure. Even I realized that ayce twice a day was a bit much. But not more than just a bit much.

Every other day? No worries. Eating out a large pho plus two fried Vietnamese rolls, or breakfast (usually at lunch time) every day (1500+Cal items at IHOP plus cream, sugar in coffee plus syrup).... I would not even blink!

A diet night time meal was foot long meatball sub with chips and cookies! When trying to lose weight!!!🤔 Cause subway diet! right?😎
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 258 Member
    edited May 4
    Options
    Hi all, hope you are all having a good weekend!
    Bank holiday weekend here - so dull and raining!
    Last night was homemade pizza - recipe from a diabetic cook book - turned out to taste more like a scone than a pizza and was 680 calories and 7g carbs for the lot!
    Not withstanding the low carbs, the calorific value was so not worth it! 🥴 Was odd tasting to be sure 🤣
    Not really sure how damaging a Dominoes would have been, but convinced I could have got a less calorific bread based one from supermarket!

Tonight is a favorurite - pork & fennel burger and I am having a proper bread bun!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin and roasted spaghetti squash with garlic and Parmesan,

I ate three "real food" meals today.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Real food! Happy for you Nic after the nightmare you’ve had.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Real food! Happy for you Nic after the nightmare you’ve had.

I have my fingers crossed, because I got back to real food before my last bout.
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    That pork tenderloin sounds sooo good!
    Veggie lasagne ‘ere!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Road food here. Granola bars, coffee and airplane snacks thus far. We’re planning to go to a wonderful old school Italian restaurant for dinner 🥘. Control but no logging.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Tonight is a smothered burger. Grilled beef patty, sauteed mushrooms and onions with some brown gravy
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You do jump in there with both feet into the "get heavy" stuff ... and there I was thinking you would be a "dainty" Oiler!😎
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    Hope dinner is wonderful, Yooly!

Fingers crossed for you, Nic. Hope you can put this no food thing behind you for good this time around.

Veggie lasagna! Yum :)

I'm going the egg foo young route again. This is turning into a staple. It's perfect. I usually add some potatoes to the veggies and a couple of veggie dogs (I keep meaning to pick up tofu but keep forgetting :) ) It is a heart, well rounded meal. And I usually make enough for a few meals so I can just warm it up quickly and .... VOILA :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I still need to try egg fou yung. It seems perfect and I am tolerating eggs.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm not good with eggs myself - but this delivery method seems to work well for me :)
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Eggs can be hard 🤮 - also need to do the egg fou yung her and I think it could be tonight - thank you @lauriekallis - feeling off after 2 half days at work! I am such a lightweight 🥴
    So far today, logging and food has gone out of window!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That is my common response to eggs :) I've going out for breakfast - all gung ho about eating some eggy thing, until it arrives. Then it I'm down to toast - or anything that hasn't been around the eggs :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I LIKE eggs!😎

That said tactical eating is egg whites

Inspired tactical eating would be egg whites as meringue nougat or other yummy methods esp if magically they can be done tasty but without or with less sugar, almonds etc

Investigation of chocolate cocoa powder no sugar meringues is in future plans
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So far today crave 450 Cal tv dinner chicken sausage Alfredo with unloggedcheat!🤯 Stole half or more of yellow and orange carrots I logged as eaten in the veggie mix blends of past couple of days....and ate them all today UNLOGGED 😱😱😱🤪

Plus 28g of sour patch kids but not in a sandwich!!!🧐😎