Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    tasty bite bombay potatoes I'm sure you could do it WAY better and cheaper on your own but that's what it was. picked it up at walmart though I had first seen the brand at choices years ago.

Problem is those times when there is not enough foresight/time to make it way better and cheaper! These are priced well. I love the idea of a bag of frozen rabbits livened up with a pouch of Tasty Bite's curry.

Walmart here I come :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    "Bom Pot" :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Some of PAVs creations when you get home, Yooly????? :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Some of PAVs creations when you get home, Yooly????? :)

8z53bxyb52tg.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Hey Sparky! If you're at WallyMarty... the Askoka "PAV Bhaji" is, for me, one of the better price/performance items in the "indian" section in terms of taste, calories, and fill-factor.

Apparently PAV is bread that you eat with the Bhaji (not included) and has ***no relation** to me... but I eat the Bhaji WITHOUT bread... and frankly I "enhance" it with frozen bunnies as per your description above.

Start to finish total time is time for bunnies to be unfrozen + 2 minutes once you "add the sauce"

And since it is a mix of cauli, potato, etc, it is quite filling for the 120/150g calories (so about 240 per pouch). Ashoka is less than other brands of bhaji both in price and in "oil"/"butter" so it DOES compute that they are less calories. Some other brands are up to 160/150g so about 320 for THEIR pouch though shrinkflation means many brands are reducing to 280g from 300g for their pouches.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    Yet another bad night’s sleep… maybe I only need 4 hours per night! Working on the sleep hygeine!
    Supper last night was a big chunk of a butternut squash, well roasted, alongside some really strong, local blue cheese, probably overpriced from an Artisan deli…The lot came in at just under 500 kcals plus kale, french beans, carrots & peas & I was stuffed!
    Tonight’s effort will be lamb kebabs marinated in some rosemary, lemon & chilli. There a cauli that is starting to “turn” in fridge - gonna rice it. Calorie for lamb look to be around 250 cals.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    How u rice cauli?🤔 can it be done frozen
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    There is your stinky blue cheese, PAV! I've riced cauliflower with a grater - no frozen though....maybe it would work if your finger tips could stand it?
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    I rice it in a blender. Not too much & then squeeze out any moisture via a tea toweI before dry frying .,, don’ think I have ever had frozen cauli before…
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Frozen cauli is an experience my tea!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Frozen veg is not really my thing … usually never get to the frozen part of the supermarket, except for peas! Too many temptations - ice cream & pizza….
  • PAV8888
    edited April 20
    Options
    Well... I admit to being tempted by the various varieties of "flavoured" cauliflower rice; but, I've not really considered the frozen VEGETABLE aisle to be a high source of temptation :wink:

True... I precautionarily avoid... or, now that I think about it, ok maybe I don't quite, though I do tend to lose the fight if I linger too long.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I’ve found the flavored cauliflower rice not worth the money
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ill6f7qpa1jg.jpeg

Big excitement this week!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,407 Member
    Options
    Slept til 2:30.

More butterscotch pudding, but for dinner I am going to cook up this new product I got "Noodle revolutio" Ramen noodles (low carb made with egg whites, so protein, we'll see) in a quick stir fry with like 1/2tsp sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, maybe gingerband 2 oz of pre-cooked chicken pieces from Costco
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Slept til 2:30.

More butterscotch pudding, but for dinner I am going to cook up this new product I got "Noodle revolutio" Ramen noodles (low carb made with egg whites, so protein, we'll see) in a quick stir fry with like 1/2tsp sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, maybe gingerband 2 oz of pre-cooked chicken pieces from Costco

Good news! The noodles, though a little soft, were great.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    These noodles sound interesting!!! Going to see if I can find them online. Thank you :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    These noodles sound interesting!!! Going to see if I can find them online. Thank you :)

I bought them on amazon (in the US). They were 22.99$/6 pack. So pricey, but gives me options.
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Salmon, sweet potato with a sort of tabouli - made with cous cous, pomegranette & tomatoes… lovely!
    Unhealthy lunch - sausage roll & made some cheese & chive scones ….🙃🙄🥴
  • PAV8888
    edited April 21
    Options
    What salmon are you using ms tea? And in what form? Like was it grilled it baked and these were sides, or some sort of "interesting" salad with smoked or canned or????🤔 If these scones were freshly made I may start wanting to move to your place though I suspect Bella's might be healthier long term for my waistline!!!!😎