Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    Poor air fryer is crying because of overwork. Started with 650g potatoes and 380g some sort of previously frozen South African type sausage. Plus finished the 745g California mix in the air fryer after taking out the sausage and potatoes....

Split throughout the day

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    frozen sausages cook well in air fryer? Not that I'm going to try it any time soon - just curious :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's what ms tea said! Mine had thawed because I put it in the crisper a couple of days back. Took a goodly amount of time (full time it said for oven use but I also added in the potatoes on top at the 15 minute mark instead of having them in the other compartment)
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    frozen sausages cook well in air fryer? Not that I'm going to try it any time soon - just curious :)
    Not sure well, but that is what happens ‘ere!

• lauriekallis
    Options
    I cannot remember the last time I cooked sausages :) maybe 35 years ago! But it was pre "air fryer" and I didn't have a convection oven then either, so probably in a fry pan, and I imagine they would have been from from frozen. Didn't eat them often - but kept them in the freezer for a last minute option ... I think????
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos tonight. Seasoned chicken thighs cooked on the grill, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, maybe shredded lettuce.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nic! Sounds.... spicy!🤔

Laurie: I've heard you talk about vegetarian sausages!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 26
    Options
    Well, I do have 26.67% of the sausage, 45% of my veggies, and a measly 21% of my potatoes from yesterday... so... LUNCH! :smiley:

iq1usoy9fjzh.jpg

In deference to one who I still hope logs in and lurks on occasion, I've even plated everything in "no touching" mode!

.... everything that is, except some potato and veggie "shrinkage" that took place during the plating process.

Surprisingly(?) Cal count for what was HEADING for the plate was ~400 Cal
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Like them veg! Here was chicken stuffed with garlic mushrooms and wrapped in a bit of puff pastry, with shop bought nuked spring greens, savoy cabbage & peas with a knob of herb butter. Unfortunately, there has also been some dark almond chocolate & a McFlurry. 🥴🤭
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Laurie: I've heard you talk about vegetarian sausages!

They don't really count :) they are pretty well precooked - it is just a case of browning them a bit and heating them up.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    In deference to one who I still hope logs in and lurks on occasion, I've even plated everything in "no touching" mode!

I hope you are here and know we are thinking about you <3

• nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Sirloin hamburger patty, 2% American cheese, sauteed onions
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,852 Member
    Options

Hope you enjoyed every bite. Good to know you’re able to eat “regular” food again. A small step toward some normalcy in your life!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »

Hope you enjoyed every bite. Good to know you’re able to eat “regular” food again. A small step toward some normalcy in your life!

It was really good. I also had a small serving or air-fried shoestring fries and ketchup!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin and garlic sauteed carrots
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Today's food:

Orange protein drink while at gym.

97% Fat Free hot dogs (won't be repeating these, texture was odd and flavor not great) and an ounce of reduced-fat sharp Cheddar.

Strawberries with an ounce half and half.

Two Good black cherry yogurt.

Fairlife chocolate protein milk.
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Supper tonight was new potatoes, carrots, peas, asparagus, spring cabbage air fried in parmesan, olive oil & basil. Was good but big on the carbs.
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 30
    Options
    I tend to "count" the potato carbs (but not as carefully as processed carbs) and try to ignore the fruit and vegetable carbs. The numbers are there, but I don't think they are processed in the same way/as problematic as the processed ones? I wish MFP would differentiate between the two though.
  • Creamtea42
    edited April 30
    Options
    Yes, I agree about the carbs in processed foods Laurie - I try hard to avoid, but you know 🙄🤭

I count them all still whilst trying to get this DB into remission 🤞🤞🤞
    I don’t have to go so low on carbs at mo, though next DB nurse appoinment may be different again 😒… when HbA1c was 86, carbs were limited to 30g - max 50g per day - that was hard, got used to it & now guided to have around 50g - 75g, but in light of taking steroids, am allowed to be more relaxed - probably not this relaxed though 🥴😳

Supper tonight is a piece of rainbow trout - going to have a potato, fennel & dill salad with it.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Of course, Creamtea. I completely forgot about the DB. Duh. Very different situation you are dealing with.