Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    I bet those sour patch kids would have gone well with the chicken sausage Alfredo!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    😱🤯

I will let you know that they were eaten several minutes later and by themselves!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I ate leftover hamburger with cheese and mushrooms and onions in gravy. Cut it up into smallish pieces and added a little more liquid when I nuked it to moisten it up.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 9
    Options
    1lb Greek yog plain 0% with 126g peach in juice cup and 5g cocoa about 5pm

769g California mix with 310Cal udon cup but 235g of carrots removed from mix for either later or tomorrow! about 11pm

Sitting at about 21-2200Cal with the help (shhhh little teacups with big ears) of 170 Cal white bread stolen from puppy and 458Cal (122g) of frozen chocolate cheesecake --- note: freezing will not protect cheesecake! 🧐

Have to find reasonable ~2-400Cal snack for later balancing not opening floodgates vs not overdoing things and whether take pupper for a spin!🤷‍♂️

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    How many projects did exiting coworker have! 7 assigned to you seems kind of excessive Athijade. 😤.

Time got away from me, especially since I was in the office Monday and Tuesday for a team retreat.

She had something like 15 to 20. The projects were split up between like 3 or 4 of us. I am still not all caught up on everything. Hopefully I will be by the end of next week. Fingers crossed! But that, plus new work we recently won, has me at close to, if not at, 20 projects plus my proposals. Luckily we already have the job posted and are getting applications PLUS we are hiring 1 or 2 more people besides filling the old position. So that should help long term. Just means I have to do my best for awhile longer until we can get new people up to speed.

Dinner last night was a frozen lasagna and garlic bread. I will have leftovers tonight and tomorrow.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Looks like definite job security Athijade. Dinner sounded good too.

I’m trying to make the best of some very iffy food choices. No one even owns a scale so I don’t know if I’m getting fatter or walking it off. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Iffy food choices here tooas am sooo tired! Off now tillnext Tuesdaysohope can pull it round. Can’t be bothered to cook tonight , so having a fish and mushy pea supper. Is what it is🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You must be knackered! Love that word -knackered. It’s not used in the US and so very British. Same with the word keen. Never hear it here outside of Brit shows/movies.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But the origin of the concept is pretty grim my Yooly! Tea? What's wrong with fish and mushy peas? I guess it depends on QUANTITIES and I guess how you cook said fish. Peas are relatively high value veggies. But I LIKE mushy peas. Question is: do you get a can? do you make? inquiring minds and all that!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 10
    Options
    So far consumed... and planned to be consumed as per picture!

h1ezqdptuc39.png
    80% of the fresh matchstick carrots/fresh onion nuked and then nuked with pasta sauce is still available for consumption! When I was putting said 80% in the fridge I discovered that I still have some cottage cheese sitting in there!

Since the cottage cheese was neither green nor stinky and since I am relatively low on protein today I added some to the 20% of the "pasta" I was eating... and I actually think it worked well.

There seems to be some distinct carrot hamster ascendancy explosion taking place! It's not like I got up in the morning and said TODAY IS CARROT DAY... but that's what it looks like!

Impressionable young minds should stay away from silly things such as candied chestnuts or Tunnock candy bars--them calories not particularly nutritious and all that! The candied chestnuts are logged as creme de marrons because same calories and too lazy to create a new entry!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Aw… Tunnocks - love their wafer bars! But agree need to stay away!
    Was knackered! Was bought fried & (mostly-removed 🥴) haddock & “tub” of mushy- previously-probably-canned! So bad - along with the other poor choices made earlier in the day! Need to get my *kitten* sorted today,
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I still do 1300-2000Cal fish and chip meal trips! At least they're not 3-4000! Even go with scale to measure! Usually count the mushy peas as canned.... no idea how they're cooked otherwise as fish and chip place and a can I once found at Walmart are the only ones I've tried 🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    What are mushy peas? 🫛 Is it simply canned peas? Are they mashed up or just whole? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I quite like cottage cheese in pasta - very much like ricotta!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Egg foo young for supper here again today :)
  • PAV8888
    edited May 11
    Options
    b5ph60sd1x1t.jpg
    Today's 7-11 2:10am run did have a ~275 Cal hot chocolate but the donuts were late and the fruit section was full!!!! $3.75 / 2.75 / 2.50 / 2.20 going by memory :)😱 CAD USD pound euros for a bit over 100Cal of fruit. I eye balled at 110 to 120. Label said 100! If all their stores start this fruit thing I may have trouble explaining future chips/crisps and candy bars!!!!🤯😱And did I mention that their Mojo's are quite good?🤔
  • PAV8888
    Options
    What else do you add to your eggs Laurie?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    PS that 80% remaining logged carrot with pasta sauce morphed a bit yesterday with the addition of a pack of 180Cal konjac sticky rice (rice and tapioca in addition to the konjac). And got split over two days!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV-
    1. Why are you in a 7-11 at 2am? Nothing good can come of that!

2. Need to Google Mojos. It’s a candy of some kind? Coffee! Energy thingy? In Texas mojo is a citrus based marinade or short for mojitos. Pronounced MOHO.

3. Precut fruit 🍎 is iffy at best. Usually old and doused in preservatives. Not for human consumption!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Grass-feed Tenderloin steak, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and teeny tiny yellow potatoes air fried.