Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 ahaha they’ll wash it, maybe dry it but the folding is a never ending battle. They’ll toss it on a chair in their room and live off the chair. Better yet, it finds it way to my room and my couch. 🤪

@trooworld I am here to cheer you on, whatever your choice. 🥰

@Veta2018 you’re doing great! Enjoy your bbq. I hope you get to see your grandbaby soon.

@txcritter69 you had an amazing loss this week. Way to go!

@TeresaW2024 congratulations on the 74th year anniversary. That’s amazing.

Well 2nd day of exams down. It’s my youngest birthday week and the teen years are flying by. These kids are making it impossible for me to stick to my only admitting to 18 years. 😂

Today has started off great. High protein breakfast. Trying to get water in too. Steps must be accomplished though.

Have a great day!
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW (Starting Weight): 198.2
    PW (Previous Weight): 196.7
    CW (Current Weight): 194.7

• reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Had a busy and intense emotional week ending with two well deserved back-to-back low movement days this weekend ~ I have however, organized all cabinets, clothes and closets in the morning and then spent most of the afternoon in a lawn chair watching the birds and squirrels watch me napping, lol :smiley: Heading to BIG BBQ today so will definitely be eating lots of things I don't normally have, but will keep it within a 1800-2000 calorie window. 5K walk and swim before leaving, starting New Diet and Exercise Plan tomorrow. Have a great day all!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims,

It's a rainy day here. Not ideal for Memorial Day. Rich is working today (no holidays for retail!), so I've got the day to myself (WooHOO!). I'm cooking a pork loin and sweet potatoes to put up in the freezer for workday lunch meals. I'll take a walk after, if it's not pouring. Probably no bicycling today.

@Veta2018 - sorry that you're not getting more time with your grandson. Hugs!

-Mica
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

@laruelfit57 I used to think that way, too, about IF, but it really does get easier if you do it right. They call it working your fasting muscle and pushing past the hunger, which is only temporary most of the time. :) That is a great pic of your pups! I love them! <3

@AmbersWay Those teen years fly by, don’t they? My husband’s grandson just graduated high school. We couldn’t go to Ohio but were able to watch it livestream. I remember when he was just a little boy when I met him, and now he is off to live his dreams. Enjoy the birthday and time with your teens. :)

@reshii_devi, I'm Sorry your week has been so emotional. Yay for getting all that organizing down. I am sure you feel very accomplished. :) Have fun at the BBQ, and we look forward to hearing about your new diet and exercise plan.

@micarro4 We have rain today, too. Have a day to yourself is great! My husband was retired when I met him, but would always run errands and sometimes be gone for a few hours, which gave me some me time. These days, with his dementia, I’m happy with an hour or two nap that he takes. Enjoy your time! :)

Good morning! Ugh, it’s storming today, which is messing up my plan to grocery shop. I will probably go tomorrow and make Joe a frozen pizza for dinner. I also need to go pick up more pain meds for Maggie. Her luxating patella (the knee cap coming out of its socket) is getting worse. I started her on some highly-rated joint chews, hoping it will help. It’s sad to watch her hike up that back leg and hobble around and even when she does walk on it, she has a limp. I’ve done a lot of reading on surgery, and that has a host of issues if we do go that route. Including a very intensive recovery that will require diligent care. There are four stages of luxating patella, and I think she is in stage two. I’m going to schedule a time to have her teeth cleaned, and when I see the vet, we will talk more about her little knee. My poor baby!! :'( My fasting is going well, and I think I will have a nice loss this week. Just have to behave today! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 @Jactop @Digger61 congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@TeresaW2024 I did! Thank you. I am still weighing but I didn't want to continue to pull the group down. Thank you very much for your continued support, you are awesome! We have a few decent Chinese restaurants in SD, I'd say good. A lot of them aren't so good but there are a few! 74 years, wow, that's awesome! 3000 piece puzzle...you have a lot of patience! LOL It's beautiful and looks like a PITA lol. Congrats on your weight going down. That's too bad Maggie's luxating patella is getting worse. I hope the chews help. My pups need their teeth cleaned but I'm trying to wait until the fall.

@txcritter69 @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the losses, ladies!

@AyaTheTyga That's good you will have the support of a dietician. I am now following you on YouTube, I look forward to your adventures!

@laurelfit57 Thank you so much for the support. It means a lot! Yes, we have to do what's best for each of us. That's good you didn't have a huge gain. Sounds like a fun family night. Focusing on today is a good strategy. Oh my gosh, that's such a great pic of Vannie and Ty! They are so stinking cute.

@Veta2018 I'm sorry you haven't been able to see your grandson. I hope that gets resolved soon.

@AmbersWay Thank you! Great start to the day.

Hi all. I had a nice day yesterday: I hadn't planned on going anywhere but my husband wanted to go somewhere so we went and walked around our favorite neighborhood. We stopped at the used bookstore where I got a book that I had been hoping to find and then went for coffee and read a bit. Then we went to the pet store and then home. We sat out on the walkway in our chairs for a bit while I smoked the hot dogs. Dinner was really good, I'm looking forward to the leftovers for lunch. Dinner tonight will use the grill again, Jalapeño Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers with either more pasta salad or air-fried french fries. Oh, one more thing: my tomatoes are starting to come in now! I have about 5-6 green baby tomatoes on my plant! I'm so excited. :D

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW 203.4
    CW 201.6
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 509 Member
    edited May 27
    Options
    @trooworld sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I always have to make things bigger on my phone when reading with my contacts in. When I was reading your post I was moving the screen back forth and this is what I read "we sat on our walkway for a little while and smoked." I thought "hmmmmm watchable smokin" I had to go back and read it again🤣

Good morning all, it's a new week!! I tracked everything yesterday and got my steps in. Same goal for today, but also a work out at the gym where I am currently waiting in line for my spin class. Goal for the week is 3 classes at the gym. It is supposed to be nice today so I am going to try to get the dogs out for a good walk, then we have Ty's obedience class this afternoon.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 213.6
    CW 215.2

Ugh

• bark2j5
    bark2j5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Check in: Monday
    PW: 143.5
    CW: 144.5
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    0cop3lcewcor.jpeg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,722 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATES
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @Artemis_2024
    Reminder to Weigh In Tomorrow to the following: @TeresaW2024 @FushiaKat
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    Hey guys, I made it. I wanted to eat all
    Evening but I did not. It was super hard actually. But I made it to bed and now for a good sleep. Take it easy a!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,722 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Glad the exams are almost done! Sounds like you got some good exercising despite the steps. Started the day off strong!

@trooworld Yep the different screen names is what confuses me. Sounds like a deep but meaningful musical. OMG good Chinese food is the best, yum! Those turkey burgers sound amazing where did you get them? Yay for the tomatoes woohoo!

@19shmoo69 Good tips on weighing from you and the others!

@TeresaW2024 Thanks! Wow congratulations on 74 years that's amazing! You're rocking the fasting! I love that puzzle how cool! Glad you're doing so well with fasting that's awesome! Poor Maggie I'm sorry to hear she's struggling.

@AyaTheTyga Just subscribed to your channel, will check it out. Let us know how the dietitian appointment goes!

@Laurelfit57 Thanks my family is supportive. Sounds like you had a fun time with the family, those two pups are the cutest! You got this great job getting the class in and tracking!

@laurelfit57 @Jactop @Digger61 Great job top leaders! And half the team in the green too!

@Veta2018 Those strawberries sure sound yummy! I hope you get some time with your grandson soon. I'd imagine the tree jobs are great exercise!

@reshii_devi Enjoy the large BBQ, the time napping on the lawn chair sounds like heaven! You'll have to fill us in on your new program.

@micaroo4 Dinner sounds delicious, what lousy timing for the rain!

@megnolia82 Hugs I'm so sorry you're not where you want to be for the gala. I hope you're able to find shoes and put aside the self-consciousness and enjoy yourself.

Hi team! I was going to boycott MFP for the feed but I didn't have time to reply in group last night and didn't want to miss two days. I got my tomatoes situated and watered the seedlings and thinned them at the greenhouse. I met with the nutritionist I see so we could make some rough plans going forward, she would like to keep getting my help with office and with her patients. We'll see what happens this week. I don't trust the clinic owner to reimburse me if I have a bunch of credit so I need to start purchasing things to use it up. Have a great Tuesday team.
  • TeresaW2024
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 247.6
    CW: 245.6 :)
  • TeresaW2024
    Options

@trooworld HaHa, if you think that puzzle was a PITA, wait until you see what I’m doing now. I’ll post a pick IF I ever finish it. :D Your jalapeno burgers sound wonderful! It is great that your tomato plant is doing what it should. :)

@megnolia82 Oh, please don’t cancel the gala event and not go! I know you feel terrible about your appearance and that the clothes you wanted aren’t fitting. Believe me, I get it!! A few months ago, I went to a birthday party for my former pastor, and the place was filled with old friends I hadn’t seen in months and some years. I was so disgusted by my obvious weight gain, but not one person treated me like I was treating myself. They all rushed to hug me, and we laughed, talked, and had a great time. So, girl, let your attitude shine!!! I can tell from your post that you have a great personality and just need to get out of your way and enjoy the event. Wear something comfortable, be eccentric, and own it! No one is going to judge you, so stop judging yourself. This message is for me as much as you. This Sunday, our church is having a huge homecoming service and potluck, and once again, I’m dreading what I can find to fit me. But I won’t let it show! They will all see the confident, funny me they all know and love. :) And yay for making it through the evening without eating. It will get easier! :)

@Katmary71 That is a good idea to get what you are owed now since you don’t know what is going to happen with the clinic. How is the roommate doing? I hate thinking of you being taken advantage of! <3

Good morning! I'm so super happy that I lost a solid 2 lbs this week. It just proves what a little denial can do for you. :D Today, I’m busy going to the office, the vet, and then to Walmart. I plan to stay fasted until after I get home. I'm striving for 20 hours today and then having a small pizza with Joe for dinner. I was beating myself up for gaining all the weight back, but I have to stop and forgive myself because self-loathing isn’t helping me. Maybe I had to gain the weight back so that once I get it all off again, I will NEVER let this happen again. Yesterday, I listened to a fasting podcast by Gin Stephens, and it was motivating. I plan to do that during Joe’s nap and my puzzle time for inspiration. Have a great day! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    @Jactop Congrats on the loss!

@laurelfit57 I did. HAHAHA! That's funny about what you read. No, definitely didn't smoke. :D Hot dogs, yes lol. YOU had a great day on Sunday! I hope you got out with the dogs for a walk. How's Ty's obedience classes going?

@megnolia82 Oh no! I'm sorry, Meg. I know what you mean about going out then vs now. I'm sorry you are disappointed in your progress. That sucks you couldn't find shoes. Can you order some online? HUGS.

@Katmary71 I can understand about the screen names. Yes, the musical was all that. The turkey burgers were from Sally's Baking Recipes, I posted the recipe below. They were really good! I highly recommend them. :D Glad you got your tomatoes situated. Good idea to use up your credits.

@TeresaW2024 Congrats on the loss, yay! How many pieces is your new puzzle??? Those burgers, I swear, soooo good! See below for the recipe. I'm so happy for your loss. Self-loathing will never be your friend, girl. Have a great day!

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday. It started off kind of slow but at about 11:30, I took one of my dogs and walked at a local park that has a path around a lake. It was beautiful. I saw many dogs and people having fun. We only walked for about 20 minutes as it got a little hot and my dog started panting. But at least it was something. The turkey burgers we had for dinner were probably the best I've ever had, my husband made an aioli sauce for them and they were perfect: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/jalapeno-pepper-jack-turkey-burgers/

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack, took a walk.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    Good Morning MS ..You have a new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @lislisa123 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @sunflowerhippi :)
This discussion has been closed.