WeightNoMore Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to weigh in yesterday and am excusing myself!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    g4eklnv9e3gc.png
    tdlbd5wof6lf.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    evoil7w6zcep.png

By Pounds
    ofkko99y6j4z.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    k4u0eyryf0rr.png

By Pounds
    8c3iyjjbi4eg.png
    vj9rmwdhsutz.png

Team Winners
    wwdn3js73woj.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    qmc1r16k74uw.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    If anyone has a friend who would like to join our group please feel free to share this link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10916301/registration-for-new-members-june-2024#latest

We're ready to add some new faces to our teams for June! If you are already here, you do not need to sign up again :wink: You're here for the duration!
  • chocohollic
    chocohollic Posts: 59 Member
    Options

@chocohollic I also work in a kitchen, I wear my watch around my ankle tucked away in my sock 🙈 it is not perfect as I think it is missing some of my steps but better than nothing

Thank you. What a good idea - I’ll bear that in mind for next time 👍☺️

• chocohollic
    Options
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 144.6
    CW: 145.5

There is definitely some sodium weight or something at play here as I went out for a meal - within calories but had weighed in the 143’s the previous day! Weekend weigh ins are not always the best for me 😵‍💫
  • chocohollic
    Options
    ybvda0qqi5o8.png

Steps for the week. 👍☺️
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,347 Member
    edited May 27
    Options
    ~ Happy Memorial Day, to those who Celebrate! ~

Hi folks! It's been a bit since I provided an update on what's going on with me, life has been overwhelming and doing more than the bare minimum has required a lot of energy.

This past week, I went on a work trip down to Texas and started myself on a dangerous cycle. Eating poorly leads to me feeling icky, which leads to ineffective sleep, resulting in skipping workouts and being cranky... only to turn to comfort eating. You see where this is going.

On Friday, the conference was only the first half of the day, and my flight was scheduled for a mid-afternoon departure (only to be delated multiple times due to weather). Instead of landing back in Cleveland before dark, I didn't make it back to my apartment until 11pm. I unpacked only the essentials and went straight to bed, as I needed to wake up early to make it to a spin class to break my workout hiatus, and then head to the grocery store to grab everything I would need to make food for a backyard barbecue birthday party for a friend.

Needless to say, I could use a break. Today will certainly help, but a couple weeks with no responsibilities would be very nice.

Anyway. Enough about me...
    ~ Step Frenemies ~

Our Match-ups:
    • @andja87 vs. @chocohollic - REMATCH!

@andja87 brought the heat this week with 110,206 steps (within 2% of their total from the previous week - what consistency!), overtaking @chocohollic and their 61,955 step total!

• @Emilienewme vs. @mnsmov15 vs. @OllieAndEd2021 - REMATCH!

@mnsmov15 hit their goal of 10k steps per day, reaching a mighty total of 78,030, only to come in slightly behind @Emilienewme and their 80,943 steps (also within 2% of their previous total, coming for andja's consistency!). But neither of them were a match for @OllieAndEd2021 who cranked out 98,277 steps, improving on their previous total by over 6%!

• @BodyTalking vs. @ljdanny

@BodyTalking overtook @ljdanny this week, hitting a total of 77,447 steps, nearly a 32% improvement over their last total - what an accomplishment!

• @sydditt vs. @melaniedscott

Oh boy, what a close contest this was! @melaniedscott managed to squeak past @sydditt (who was more consistent from week to week than any other stepper!) this week by just less than 1,000 steps - I am looking forward to seeing how this rematch plays out! And a fantastic showing by Melanie, increasing her step count by over 56%!

Our New Challenger Pairings:

And lastly, before I finish out this post - what do we think of the Step Frenemies Challenge? Does it add to your motivation? Do you want me to include more statistics, less statistics, more graphics, more puns about walking?? Feedback would be lovely - thanks in advance!
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 174.5
    May 3: 175.7
    May 10: 173.5
    May 17: 174.3
    May 24: 176.7

GW (May) 173
    Start weight 196
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+
  • sydditt
    Options
    o27xdxpd7ulb.jpeg
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott I’d like to start back up with this group on Sunday June 2nd.

My weigh in days will continue to be Saturday and my “starting weight” can just be where I left off earlier this month.

Thanks!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-4,998
    Mon-7,595
    Tues-7,056
    Wed-7,089
    Thurs-9,245
    Fri-3,128
    Sat-5,981
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    @BodyTalking great job with your steps.

I am trying to start adding more veggies and salads to my day, hopefully some fruit too. I have my yearly trip to Canada this summer and also have a trip planned to Puerto Rico in oct. I would love to lose something. I actually walked on my treadmill today, I still need to go get some new sneakers just haven’t made it to the store yet. My feet right now are killing me. I’m also trying to get into a dr for my back and leg just waiting for all my paperwork to transfer to them.
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm I like the step frenemies, it is keeping me motivated to do more steps, thank you for taking the time to do all the maths and statistics
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,130 Member
    Options
    Hi WNM you have 2 new people joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @acdkayak and @annliz23 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,130 Member
    Options
    Hi WNM 2 more joining your marvelous team ...Please welcome @ekimpton and @mamaOnAMission
  • acdkayak
    acdkayak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Looking forward to June! I am 55 post menopausal former triathlete who needs to lose at least 40 pounds to be in healthy range and about 60-70 to be where I really want to be.

I currently live in Germany and while I love it, I find the language barrier challenging and intimidating resulting in me retreating into myself and not getting the exercise I need and emotionally eating.

Here’s to new starts!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    acdkayak wrote: »
    Hi. Looking forward to June! I am 55 post menopausal former triathlete who needs to lose at least 40 pounds to be in healthy range and about 60-70 to be where I really want to be.

I currently live in Germany and while I love it, I find the language barrier challenging and intimidating resulting in me retreating into myself and not getting the exercise I need and emotionally eating.

Here’s to new starts!

Hi and welcome to the team. Apart from the triathlete part, we're in a similar situation. I'm 53 and live in the Czech Republic and, other than with students and my husband, I don't mingle much due to the language. I had a better network of expats before covid but don't feel like getting back to that.

I live near a good park and try to make myself go for walks and do exercises at home.

Good luck on your journey to a better you.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott I’d like to start back up with this group on Sunday June 2nd.

My weigh in days will continue to be Saturday and my “starting weight” can just be where I left off earlier this month.

Thanks!

Welcome back!!
  • sydditt
    Options
    I like the frenemies step challenge! If you don’t mind keeping up with it, I’d like to keep it!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Hi all my weight in day is Sunday, i was in here a while ago so looking firward to taking oart again.
This discussion has been closed.