Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'll respond to everybody's posts tomorrow, but I just had to hop on and tell all of my horror movie peeps that I just watched The First Omen on Hulu. It was a fantastic origin story! Way better than I expected!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Logged onto app this morning and newsfeed is already gone. So sad.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Username: Sunflowerhippi
    Weigh in Day: friday
    PW. 209
    CW 205.6
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

@trooworld I hope you are feeling better today and that your migraine is gone. <3 Any fun weekend plans?

@txcritter69 You are doing so great with your IF! Try adding the Premier Protein shake to your coffee instead of milk to give yourself even more protein. I used to do that and a bottle would last me about 3 or 4 days. I now use unsweetened coconut milk in my coffee. I can’t wait to celebrate with you when you hit the 160s!! :)

@micaroo4 I hope the rain stopped so you can get out and walk. I once knew a woman who walked 5 miles inside her house daily, and it wasn’t a big house! She would put on music or a podcast and walk her miles. Amazing! :)

@maryirisfroehlich That is great that you have a good motivator in your daughter. It is always helpful to have good support at home. And don’t stress about keeping up with us here. You do what you can when you can. :)

@19shmoo69 Good grief! If fat shaming worked, I would be super skinny just by what I’ve told myself over the years. And my dad fat-shamed my mom for decades, and it didn’t work. Our childhood sounds very similar. My parents wouldn’t let me play sports either, and once in the 7th grade, a teacher made me pull up my homemade shirt by my grandma to prove that I was just chubby and not pregnant. Talk about humiliation! :o Thanks for sharing, and we can do it! I love lifting weights, and I am far from being fit. :)

@Katmary71 Get all you are owed! Your new job definitely sounds more and more frustrating. :/ What’s up with the charity these days?

@laurelfit57 I have never taken a spin class, but they look fun and hard! I admire your determination to get Ty where you want her to be. You are an awesome dog mom! :)

@AustinRuadhain I have missed seeing you! <3 And, I understand the frustration of gaining so much faster than we lose. I once read that once we plump up our fat cells they want to stay plump, so they will do that much quicker. It’s one of the reasons losing weight is so hard and frustrating for us.

@vegan4lyfe2012 You and your horror movies! NO, thank you. :#

Good morning! I didn’t love my first day with the new workout program. Autumn does these crazy compound movements, and she likes to contort the body while we are lifting weights. I will give it the rest of the week and see if I can hang or modify it. If not I will move on. There are a ton of programs to choose from. Today, I need to cut Joe’s hair which is growing out of every orifice. Old men and their hair! What is up with that? :D

I saw this quote yesterday and thought it was great!

Consistent "bare minimum" will give you BETTER results than consistently waiting till you have the time or energy

Ice Breaker Question. It's going to be story time. The topic is humorous date story.

OK, I will make this quick. Joe and I met online, fell in love, and ten months later, he picked me up and moved me to Georgia to live with him. We had never met face-to-face before he walked into my sister’s house on my 40th birthday to take me to my new home. Yeah, we were so nervous. We said our goodbyes to everyone and got in his car for the long drive to our new home. Stopping at a small B&B for the night run by a woman who was straight out of a Stephen King novel was bad enough, but at that moment, I realized that I had left all my hanging clothes in the closet at my sister’s house! So, here I am, a woman much chubbier than I had wanted to be, with a man I loved but still didn’t know very well clothes shopping for a new wardrobe because it would be 6 weeks before we drove back to Florida to pick up my daughter. We laughed about that for years, but at the time, I wanted to crawl in a hole and die! It also solidified my love and adoration for my incredible man. :)
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 269
    CW: 269
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 That's awesome. Congrats on that! That's interesting about your protein uptake. Happy (early) anniversary! Share some pics when you go to Goliad State Park, please!

@askrewcr Woo hoo! Congrats!

@maryirisfroehlich Awesome to have you both! Don't worry about keeping up, just pop in when you can and say "hi". Read what you want to, skip some stuff, it's all good! That's good you have each other to cheer each other on.

@DrewsAnna Hey girl, don't worry, I made you a spreadsheet. You just have to edit the dates and months, but the format is there. I couldn't tag you in the Google Sheet to let you know I did it but you are all good. I used @micaroo4's format. If I have time today, I will change the dates for you. Stay tuned!

@19shmoo69 HAHAHA! That's hilarious! Oh my, I don't know if I can top that but I'll give it some thought and post below.

@Katmary71 Thanks. Yes, the baklava was yummy, I'm glad it was just a small piece! Nothing seems to make it worse (besides noise and light), it's either there or not lol. But today, it's back (unfortunately). Some people have triggers like chocolate etc. but my triggers seem to be weather or stress-related. I hope you can use all of your credits, that would be a bummer to miss out.

@laurelfit57 I do occasionally, but I don't have full-on binges like I used to. If I do eat for comfort, it's more like we pick up a pizza that day and I have 2 slices. Yes, goofy dog stuff is always uplifting! Sounds like you had a good day. Way to get that exercise in! I'm sorry about the frustration at Ty's class. She's going to be a great, well-behaved pup soon.

@AustinRuadhain Good to see you, my friend! You are always welcome to be here. Hugs.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ooh I'll have to watch that, thanks for letting us know!

@Sunflowerhippi Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you. It was gone yesterday but is back today. BUT...I think it is fading so I may not have to take medication. Plans for the weekend: I, unfortunately, have to work on Saturday for about 4 hours. It only happens about once a year but this is the Saturday. It's going to make my weekend fly by. Ugh. That's really the only plan. How about you? That's good you can move on to another program if you don't like this one. Good luck with the haircut! I REALLY like that quote, thank you for sharing. That's a funny, but sweet, story. <3

Ice Breaker Question. It's going to be story time. The topic is humorous date story.
    It was around the Fall when I first started dating my now husband. We were going to spend our first Thanksgiving together along with his sister and his brother. I sooooo wanted to impress his sister and brother that I decided to make homemade rolls. Had I ever made them before or even worked with yeast before? NO. When they came out, they were like hockey pucks! To my embarrassment, my husband picked one up, opened the kitchen door and threw it against the shed where it went PING! and bounced off, unharmed. It was hilarious but mortifying. Since that day, I have sought revenge on roll recipes and every few years, I attempt to make rolls again. I've semi-successfully made sweet Hawaiian rolls, Parker house rolls and skillet rolls. I will avenge this memory someday! :D

Hi all. The medication took the migraine away yesterday but I woke up today to another one. I think it is fading though, the more that I drink coffee and sit here. Luckily, I get off at noon today since I have to work tomorrow for a bit. I have a couple of appointments so it's not like I will be enjoying myself. I did well yesterday.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack outside of what I planned.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    @DrewsAnna You are all set, I changed the dates to start June 1st. Let me know if you need any help.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    @trooworld
    Getting back on track then! My Monday May 27 weight, to start out in June, was 215.2

Plans for today:
    ⚪ 45-minute outdoor walk (should be fun! it's rainy today)
    ⚪ bonus movement (stair-stepping?)
    ⚪ Food on plan for lunch (beans & steamed greens)
    ⚪ Food on plan for dinner (big salad)
    ⚪ Decluttering project: at least 2 20-minute sessions
    ⚪ Project: conference webpage updated

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    Humorous Date Story
    It took two tries for my husband to ask me out. We still laugh over this.

I was assisting in a communication course he was in, and a mutual friend had suggested we look each other up. He came and found me on a break, introduced himself, said that friend had said I was really athletic. He said that he was too and that he particularly loved sailing. Would I like to go sailing with him? The weather was really cold for sailing right now, but we should go sometime when it had warmed up. I said yes. And then he left. I walked off thinking he was handsome, but not sure he was actually very interested in me, as "sometime" is pretty vague. (It was March, and it sounded like warmer weather would be May or June!) He told the course leader about the conversation, and they asked if he'd be up for a bit of coaching. He said yes, and their suggestion was to see if he could make *something* happen in the next week. He came back and asked me if we could have dinner on Thursday. This involved his taking a day off work, as he lived in another city. Quite flattering. Best first date ever.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    The JUNE team chat is now open! Continue to weigh in and post exercise stats here through the end of Saturday. Go ahead to the new month to (re)introduce yourself, and set some goals and commitments for June:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10916649/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-june-2024/p1?new=1
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

@laurelfit57 the pic of your pups playing is so cute
    @Katmary71 I did find a swimsuit I am somewhat comfortable in.
    @TeresaW2024 Thank you, I will try the Premier Protein in my coffee.
    @trooworld Thank you, We are celebrating 28 yrs. I found several YouTube videos talking about protein increase will help you lose weight. I will share pics of our trip.
    @AustinRuadhain great goal plan for today. I too am going to be heading out for a morning walk. The cool temp is going to be much appreciated. Then house work for the rest of the day.

I really dislike buying clothes right now. I had to go up a size with some shorts I bought. I weigh the same as I did 3 yrs ago but my clothes fit so differently. Before Nov. '21 I was walking and working out. I had more muscle than fat. This past month I really focused on moving again. Getting out and walking. I will end May on a good note. Only 4 days not hitting my goal. I have a few new goals for next month just not going to get started on them until I get back.

Let's make this happen!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @trooworld thank you so much! I couldn't find any place to bookmark it, so I can find it easily. Where is the bookmark tab thingy?

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just a quick update, I’m home from the gala :) it was fabulous. I felt beautiful. I wore the sparkly shoes that didn’t quite match my dress but no one would notice that. It was the opening night of La Cage aux Folles at a major theatre festival near me. People were decked out. So many in drag. So many actors I’ve watched for years and so many other people in the audience I recognized but couldn’t put my finger on.

Anyway, we didn’t stay too late after the show but it was a perfect evening - 14 of us from work went. I’m so grateful to love my coworkers as friends. We’ve been together through a lot of our lives - 18 years for some of us!

Have a wonderful night and a beautiful Saturday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.7
    CW: 128.3

My center weight is 130; my maintenance range is 127-133. I'm within my range.

-Mica
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 214.5
    Today’s Weight: 212.3
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW-256.2
    CW-255
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain How'd your plan for yesterday turn out? Looks like it would have been a full day. Awww, that's a cute story about your husband asking you out twice! I love it.

@txcritter69 Wow, 28 years! That's awesome! Thanks. You did great in May, you should be proud of yourself.

@DrewsAnna Do you use Chrome? I use Chrome so I can only speak for that, but what I do is I created a tab group. I will paste the instructions below. That way, it's always there. And if you right click over your tab group, you have the option to save it which puts a link to the tab group on the favorites bar in your Chrome browser. It's really easy to do. Let me know if you have questions.
    kzh5g87r1gz5.png
    9shtj3e9xmo7.png
    iwzuykwisx4c.png
    https://www.google.com/chrome/tips/

@megnolia82 I'm so glad you had a great time and felt beautiful, that's what you deserve!

@gemwolf110 @865jessica Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. I took more migraine medication and that took away the migraine so I was able to function the rest of the day. BUT...I took my car to the dealership for routine maintenance and they found that a rat had made a nest under my hood and chewed through the ignition hose! It was a disgusting mess and cost me over $500! Then, I had to take poor Daisy to the vet and that cost another $100. So, expensive day for me that I wasn't prepared for. Ugh. I was deflated after that so I ate leftover pasta salad for dinner. Today, I have to get groceries and then a chiropractor appt and then I have to work for about 3-4 hours.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything.

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Weigh in (Friday)
    Cornanda
    PW: 177
    CW: 176.8

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.