Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• partyof7
    partyof7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello ShapeShifters! So happy to join you!

I lost 30 lbs in 2020, got comfortable and now 20 lbs has snuck back on! I tried to just will it away, but have had no luck with that! Strict diary use is what works for me, so I'm back to that!

I'm a 63, married mom of 5. I love to cook and bake. I go to OrangeTheory 5 days/week, and Pilates 1 day/week. I've recently taken up golf. Looking forward to everything this group has to offer, and I hope to contribute positivity and encouragement.

Let's do this together!
    Thanks!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,873 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW:242 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 244 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 37lbs (optional loss to date)

Hi, I am Tammy. I used to be on here a few years ago and was down 60lbs. I have been struggling the last year and as you see I have gained. So I am back and am looking forward to cheering others and celebrating my own wins.
    I live in Charleston SC and I am 54. I have 3 adult kids and soon to have a third grand child. I have at least kept up my activity level so I can keep up with my toddlers.
    I am looking forward to reading all the wins this month.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    5/31-10,566
    6/1-12,312
    6/2-11,545
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    kxljo76494i7.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Got my World Bicycle Day badge today!
    yjqlygqkevf2.png

Well done @frankwbrown 👏👏
  • AstralCrazy
    AstralCrazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This discussion must be magic, I was sitting here typing out complaints over a headache and it went away as I was typing it out :)
    I'll be heading to the eye doctor after work today, and as long as they don't dilate my eyes, I'll probably take a walk. It's supposed to be a super warm day and the office I'm going to has a pretty spot behind it.
    Other than that, I've started reading Emily Henry's new book Funny Story. Really enjoying how bizarre the plot is, it's had me kicking my feet a few times lol.
    Hope everyone has a good day!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,705 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 I've seen several people complain about changes but haven't noticed any? What am I missing??

@frankwbrown Congratulations! How did I miss this? I have to go investigate and see how I earn one myself. :-)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,705 Member
    Options
    Steps for Monday
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,462 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 I've seen several people complain about changes but haven't noticed any? What am I missing??

@frankwbrown Congratulations! How did I miss this? I have to go investigate and see how I earn one myself. :-)
    Do you have a Garmin sport watch?
    It's a Garmin badge for completing a cycling activity on World Bicycle Day, which was June 3rd.
    Tomorrow, June 5th, is Global Running Day, so there's a Garmin badge for completing a running activity tomorrow. And there's a Global Wellness Day badge for completing any activity on June 10th.
    I chase these badges like no one's business!
    This website always gives a heads up at the beginning of each month:
    https://blog.garminbadges.com/2024/05/june-2024-challenges-and-badges.html
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,462 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 6/2: 13,459
    Mon 6/3: 16,925
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Step Goal:10,000
    Sun 06/02: 5313
    Mon 06/03: 11189

June Wk1 Weigh-in:
    CW: 170lbs

SW: 166
    + 4lbs Gain
    June2024: SW: 166
    📐📐📐📐Wk1: 170lbs
    📐📐📐Wk2:
    📐📐Wk3:
    📐Wk4:
    ~ I’m sure this isn’t very accurate because I could only weigh in after a McDonald’s breakfast once we got home from Ft. Lauderdale.
    ~ We had such a fun weekend though. I did my best and tried to stick with low carb but ultimately the hangover called for greasy food and I caved. Funny how well I do during these planned events. But it’s the days after that I give in to full-on carbs and junk.
    ~ I’m back to it now because ultimately that type of eating makes my body feel like crapola!
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Weigh in June 4 Tuesday
    Itadakimasu7

PW back in April before vacation: 198.8
    CW (Starting Weight) now that I'm back home: 183.6

:+1:

I went to Japan. Long and short of it is, I really think we're all being poisoned for profit in the US. No streets and aisles full of sick people.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Krysless2 We are missing your steps from the 28th until the 1st of June.
    @Itadakimasu7 Pfew, such a big loss on vacation! I will get you moved back to the regular team.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options

They're slowly doing away with the news feed. You may or may not be able to see comments from friends any longer. And notifications will be stopping as well. I've not received notifications in idk how long. Plus the format that has been helpful for so many of us will be changing up as well
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Step Count: 10,000
    Tue 05/28: 7916
    Wed 05/30: 7151
    Thu 05/31: 5978
    Fri 06/01: 10123
    Sat 06/02: 7087
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,217 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Step Count: 10,000
    Tue 05/28: 7916
    Wed 05/30: 7151
    Thu 05/31: 5978
    Fri 06/01: 10123
    Sat 06/02: 7087

@Krysless2 Thank you for posting. I see you're registered for June in the challenge. PLEASE post your steps every 2-3 days. That's all we ask. Thank you.
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Do you have a weight from last week maybe? The way it looks now is as if you have lost 15 pounds in one week! Or the weight you were when you got back home? Thanks :smile:
This discussion has been closed.